What's new

Injustice - Boon Tweets First Image of Killer Croc, The Riddler and Penguin!

Reedoms

Noob
Not to beat a dead horse, but why do we need more Batman characters. The argument that its because they are more popular is stupid. If DC/Warner Bros. wants to get their "other" characters into the mainstream, it would make sense to put more "obscure" characters in the game. That would make their character catalog more valuable in terms of movies and other merchandise! Why just have Batman when you could be like Marvel and have a wider spread of bankable franchises?
Because when they tried with Green Lantern they fucked up big time and everyone hated it. Batman is easy dosh without even needing to try. Hopefully with Man of Steel, they will try to branch out some more.

trufenix

bye felicia
Not to beat a dead horse, but why do we need more Batman characters. The argument that its because they are more popular is stupid. If DC/Warner Bros. wants to get their "other" characters into the mainstream, it would make sense to put more "obscure" characters in the game. That would make their character catalog more valuable in terms of movies and other merchandise! Why just have Batman when you could be like Marvel and have a wider spread of bankable franchises?
Developers aren't mindless automatons with infinite knowledge of the material they are working with and infinite opportunity to implement anything. They are human beings with individual opinions, talents, and hurdles to overcome. If nobody knows, or likes, or can draw, or can animate, or can think of moves for whatever random character you're thinking of, they don't get done. They can't just "wish" a character into the game at any point in development, even if the entire internet says they should.

Raven is already confirm though, so why would it be a race to get in for those two?
I'm gonna be honest, I am STILL not 100% convinced that that was Raven in that screenshot. Really, they couldn't get a clearer shot than that? And Boon's troll tactics aren't helping. No, there's only been two mentions of her as far as the game goes and a vague sentence in that same magazine that hints she might be playable.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
They couldn't even include all the popular main X-Men like Rogue or Nightcrawler because it'd be so easy to over-saturate a roster with X-Men characters seeing as they're so numerous.

Edit: Raven, Zatanna and Livewire.
And yet many people still complained because they and a lot of other X Men/ Spider-man characters didnt make it in but lesser known characters did. No matter how NRS handels this roster there will be people that complain, so they're choosing the characters that they feel will please the most people.

Seapeople

This one's for you
The screenshot wasn't fake since it was part of a crazy stage transition in the new Harley vs Wonderwoman footage. I'm guessing none of these characters will be playable though. Also two face ftw :)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
And yet many people still complained because they and a lot of other X Men/ Spider-man characters didnt make it in but lesser known characters did. No matter how NRS handels this roster there will be people that complain, so they're choosing the characters that they feel will please the most people.

People complained about Scott because he was one of the staple assists in MvC2 and the leader of the X-Men, including Jean and Logan but not Scott is eyebrow raising. Regardless, it's easy to get upset over many characters from a series that literally has 15+ viable characters in the X-Men not making it in or only one character from the most popular series in Spider-man when he has arguably the best rogue gallery of any hero.

You can please without over-saturating: Batman, Nightwing, Quinn or Joker, Ivy. 4 characters, many pleased people. There's not a huge audience that is pleased over a Catwoman and now that slot goes to a Blue Beetle or Lobo or something. You can't please everyone but just throwing as many people as possible from the "popular" series simply because they're part of the popular series can alienate people.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I'm gonna be honest, I am STILL not 100% convinced that that was Raven in that screenshot. Really, they couldn't get a clearer shot than that? And Boon's troll tactics aren't helping. No, there's only been two mentions of her as far as the game goes and a vague sentence in that same magazine that hints she might be playable.
I'm confidence she'll be in.