What's new

Injustice 2 RESULTS: ComboBreaker 2017!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Glad to see these tournaments are going to remain as boring and as pointless as the last two games.

As long as Fox is there why do I even bother watching?
Fox isn't really the big issue, though him wining is pretty stale.

NRS is just on a mission to create the most visually boring spectator esport possible, and they are getting damn good at it.
Each game is significantly more boring then the last.
Gotta give em props for that, going above and beyond.

NRS is just on a mission to create the most visually boring spectator esport possible, and they are getting damn good at it.
Out of curiosity, I get why you probably dont like I2 but why was MKX boring? I think fox dominating is the problem. The Tekken grand final where so exciting because jdcr was able to reset and win it at the end.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Man.. Are you only here to complain about NRS games? Because it seems like that's all I see you doing now, in every thread.

I can understand having personal preferences and not liking certain things (we all have things we don't dig), but trying to rain on everyone else's parade multiple times a day is just annoying -- and it doesn't accomplish anything productive.

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Out of curiosity, I get why you probably dont like I2 but why was MKX boring? I think fox dominating is the problem. The Tekken grand final where so exciting because jdcr was able to reset and win it at the end.
Tanya and Alien respectively dragged the game to halt every time they were on screen.

Man.. Are you only here to complain about NRS games? Because it seems like that's all I see you doing now, in every thread.

I can understand having personal preferences and not liking certain things (we all have things we don't dig), but trying to rain on everyone else's parade multiple times a day is just annoying -- and it doesn't accomplish anything productive.
I'm just bored and away from my house right now, so I post stupid shit.
That said, I1 despite it's many faults, is one of my favorite fighting games ever, and I think I2 is super disappointing in comparison, so my frustration is coming out in posting garbage.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That said, I1 despite it's many faults, is one of my favorite fighting games ever, and I think I2 is super disappointing in comparison, so my frustration is coming out in posting garbage.
The ironic thing is that Inj2 has improved on the first game in nearly every way :oops:

And especially if you compare the state of both games at launch, it's pretty much a no-contest in favor of Injustice 2.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The ironic thing is that Inj2 has improved on the first game in nearly every way :oops:

And especially if you compare the state of both games at launch, it's pretty much a no-contest in favor of Injustice 2.
I don't really agree at all.

They didn't fix a lot of the issues I had with first game, mostly involving the games input buffer,doubled down on certain aspects of the game I didn't care for, and made some really questionable choices with how they handled the legacy characters. Along with some strange QOL issues with online play and gear.

The only thing I really think they improved are the artstyle, netcode, and the general movement.

As much as I liked I1, it was a very love or hate game for me, and it walked a thin line, and I2 went in the opposite direction I was hoping for.

I won't say it's a bad game, but it's not what I wanted out of the sequel, and for better or worse, it seems to be what other people wanted, so i'm sol.

HanSolo

Noob
Less legacy characters in top 8, and less Sonic winning would have made it more exciting but it is what it is. Game is young, plenty of time for Sonic to be dethroned and for more character variety to be seen. So much excitement leading up to this game for like 2 years and now such negativity.

letitbreathe.jpg

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
"...less Fox winning..." ???
I think SF winning this much is one of the hypest things that happened to the FGC. All you bitches should get slapped for disrespecting the furry pimp lol
Git gud & beat him or just stfu and go cry yourself to sleep...over & over again :D

So now SOnic Fox did it again but not using Deadshot?.. interesting.. reminds me that Deadshot season :p jaja but now he´s beating everybody with other char :p

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
I don't find boring watching the same characters considered to be Top.
If a competitor is sponsored or just a person who wants to play optimal and win - he / she should play Top Tiers.
The problem is when nearly every ''Pseudo Pro'' , (yes i call them that because they are joke and a grotesque) - have a poke Top Tier character that requires basically ''0'' execution and they cannot use him proper.
I've watched the whole Tournament and i saw nearly every game a person losing and instant switching to Aqua or Super ... doing the same things with them but having no clue how to punish basic stuff or do optimal combos that require again - 0 skill or execution.
Compare all the Deadshots and Atrocitus players to Fox and Tekken Master , and you will see what i mean.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
MKx was the most hype game in the FGC for spectators. The rushdown style with little zoning was perfect for spectators and the way it turned on a dime through 1 tiny mistake from a player made it clutch as all hell. The back and forth your turn my turn, hinging on 1 read or error... seriously exciting stuff.

I can not remember a game that was as on the edge of your seat exciting as MKx.

IJ2 is not as exciting for spectators as MKx, but still pretty hype. I think it's main problem is the round system. While round system basically means there is one round as you fight over "one" health bar. This means after "X" damage in "round 1" the game is nearly a forgone conclusion. It is super hard to make combacks if you have a large life deficit.

Now sure, playing 3 games in a single match is kinda like making each match a single round in a traditional game... but there is something different in how I relate to it when watching.

YEAH ARMA!

Canary is largely regarded as a terrible character and mine got mopped by whiteboi's Aquaman so it stands to reason it wasn't tournament ready for anyone that doesn't know I ran her the majority of the tournament.
Nobody serious thinks a character that can kill u in one hit plus one guaranteed reset is terrible.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
had cdjr been in the room when I called him out it wouldve DEFINITELY been LIVE in that moment lets just say that
but he left the moment i won lmfaoooo
Good shit this year, looks like it wasn't as free for you as it usually is. Will this be the year someone finally dethrones you?!