What's new

Injustice 2: Legendary Edition coming March 27th

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
What a surprise Kombat Pack? There was no KP for MKX after KP2 came out along with the XL update.
yeah there was, wasn't there? The pack with Tri-Borg wasn't announced at launch and was a surprise reveal. Just when we thought they were done a new pack was announced. Isn't that how it went down?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
yeah there was, wasn't there? The pack with Tri-Borg wasn't announced at launch and was a surprise reveal. Just when we thought they were done a new pack was announced. Isn't that how it went down?
No, all of the chars (Triborg, Bo, Leatherface and Alien) were all announced together as parts of the same pack (KP2) at the 2015 Game Award show which MKX won, and all of those chars were released together at the same time along with the new skins once the XL update came out.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
So, does the level cap get increased for everyone or just those who bought the legendary edition?

I would assume for everyone because otherwise I would predict some salty players who only play non-competitive and have to fight as a character 10 levels below their opponent.

Edit - Ignore me, I only just learnt how to read.

Edit 2 - If the content is available to everyone what's the point of buying this.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Edit 2 - If the content is available to everyone what's the point of buying this.
The legendary edition will cost $60. Much cheaper than Ultimate Edition. It's meant for people who haven't bought the game yet.

Roy Arkon

So will we have to level up lvl20 gear to lvl30 with regen tokens or??
I think there will be new added Gear pieces which will have their level varied from level 21-30 in addition to the Gear that is already in the game.

Raider

Noob
I think there will be new added Gear pieces which will have their level varied from level 21-30 in addition to the Gear that is already in the game.
Yeah but i was asking about current lvl20 gear.
What if i want to keep my current gear, but my character is lvl30? Will i have to level up every piece i want to keep? Because if yes, that's pretty stupid.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yeah but i was asking about current lvl20 gear.
What if i want to keep my current gear, but my character is lvl30? Will i have to level up every piece i want to keep? Because if yes, that's pretty stupid.
Doesn't it take like 1 regen token to level up? I have like a thousand unspent regen tokens this is not an issue lol.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
It's really not bad of a grind dude. I for one managed to level up my chars pretty quickly.
Levelling up characters is easy.

Getting multiple pieces of epic gear takes a long ass time. I have at least 30+ on my Superman that are all different (well, MOSTLY). I don't want to have to spend tokens just to get it to level 30, or grind for it all over again.

Just feels kind of like a money grab to me personally but I'd like to be wrong.

SunsetBlvd

Proven Nappa GOD, 100% VERIFIED Best Nappa NA
It’s sad really. I2 has a lot of depth and should be competitive for 3-5 years. It’s the community. NRS is a business. If they can churn out hits every few years then it’s better for them.

I bet mk11 is pretty much planned out. All characters, story, fighting mechanics et cetera.
one thing i simply do not understand since i started following this community is why ppl have such a big problem with getting a new game every 2 years. alternating between franchises in a two year cycle makes complete absolute sense to me, and you don't end up with SF4-level 8 year game. it's good for business, it's good for new design concepts (many of which paid off in I2), and it's a good method to develop and grow as a company.

and unfortunately it is just not realistic to expect them to fully support two concurrent titles competitively right now. fgs are doing good, but theyre not doing that good. so all in all it just seems like the absolute most insane thing to complain about. like, it's a new fresh/well made game every 2 years, what weird world am i living in where that's somehow a bad thing lol.

gitblame

Noob
It's all about money. It's simple as it is. WB/NRS believe they make more releasing, selling and promoting new games than release one product and for years suck money from it by skins, new characters, shaders, stages, equipement etc. I mean it's really how it is in this genre. Fighting games usually do not keep players long enough and do not gather that amount of players to switch into CS:GO or League of Legends like business model.

Ultimate edition buyers like me got reckt. Leason learned... to not buy an NRS game until they get down the price and They release the real ultimate version.

Roy Arkon

one thing i simply do not understand since i started following this community is why ppl have such a big problem with getting a new game every 2 years. alternating between franchises in a two year cycle makes complete absolute sense to me, and you don't end up with SF4-level 8 year game. it's good for business, it's good for new design concepts (many of which paid off in I2), and it's a good method to develop and grow as a company.

and unfortunately it is just not realistic to expect them to fully support two concurrent titles competitively right now. fgs are doing good, but theyre not doing that good. so all in all it just seems like the absolute most insane thing to complain about. like, it's a new fresh/well made game every 2 years, what weird world am i living in where that's somehow a bad thing lol.
Exactly, I myself don't wanna wait 6 years just to get a new MK game just so it will keep this ilusion that this will make the game to be better. SF4 is indeed the perfect proof of that, Capcom kept milking it, and once Ultra SF4 it was way too much. A 4 year cycle between games of the same franchises of MK and IJ are more enough, no need more time then that.

kantboy-2

Ripper
So they never considered an Icicle skin for Sub-Zero ala Raiden/BL? Crap. :confused:

Oh well. I was expecting them to release the I2 MK skins on MKXL as a 'gift' last holiday season, but that didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Ultimate edition buyers like me got reckt. Leason learned... to not buy an NRS game until they get down the price and They release the real ultimate version.
For me, getting to play as Starfire from August onwards made the extra cost more than worth it.

But yeah, if you're fine with not getting to play straight away it's always better to wait for the price to go down. That's true of nearly every game ever.