What's new

Injustice 2: Introducing Brainiac

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Sorry did I mean to say "nobody is allowed to talk about it* " because anytime someone says something about looking forward to gear moves, people get triggered hard

and i dont care if you are excited for it or not lol, why would that bother me? but expecting OTHER people not to be excited for their characters moves because they are gear is ridiculous

especially when we dont even know what is gear moves here as its just the trailer

but doesnt stop ppl going into overdrive about how broke gear mode is lol
No one's triggered. But if someone says "no worries if a cool looking move is just an ability, go play gear mode, it'll be fun!", they're going to be told how that is not the case.

If someone posts a status saying "yo, I can't wait to unlock x move and use it in gear mode", then good for them, I'm sure no one would attack them for it.

Do you see the difference?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
First of all, I believe in multiple streams they've addressed this issue through Stat-Levelling. Where your stats, which may have been raised up through XP levels, are balanced out with your online-matched opponent. At that point, your only increases are through your gear. Who's to say that the specific gear that has a new move attached DOESN'T have a ridiculous stat boost? We don't know that yet. Most of you have obviously not played any other fg's competitively, where some have mechanics that are in a comparable style to the things offered in I2. Those communities have let things rock, then worked it all out as they progressed.
Point is, you idiots are pissing yourselves about things based on a fucking beta which has been repeatedly addressed as not being anywhere near final. This is a huge problem with FGCs in general, where any new mechanic is met with fucking torches and pitchforks. If you people had your way, we'd all be playing some variation of SFII vanilla, no meter, no breaker mechanics...no innovation.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Well the reason I have a problem with gear mode is that the stat increases are frankly disgusting.
I am just curious as to why you see it as disgusting, when it could just as well be looked at as MKX variations on a large scale. Superman has a strength boost gear set? Pick one of your five gear sets that's defensive. Cyborg has more health? Pick a damage gear set. Black Canary has a defensive gear set? Pick an ability gear set that gets you in easier.
I've seen nothing to suggest that there's gear sets that are like "Superman: 20% Damage Boost", other than the assumption things will be grossly unbalanced.

We have no problem with varying levels of health at the base for the roster. We say it adds a level of depth. Why is any other stat any different? It's not like Gear Mode being on means my opponent is full of buffs and I'm full of handicaps. Pick your gear sets just as appropriately as you'd pick Variations. Yeah, there's a ton more variables and things to balance, but I don't think NRS is just throwing shit at a wall with it. I could be wrong, but I'm open-minded to it. If your not, that's cool, I just think it's important to differentiate the distinction between why I am open-minded versus why most everyone else is against it.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Divekick? Check. Awesome Anti-Air? Check. Amazing Super? Check. Insane pokes? Check.

Now all he needs is a decent pair of pants!!!

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I am just curious as to why you see it as disgusting, when it could just as well be looked at as MKX variations on a large scale. Superman has a strength boost gear set? Pick one of your five gear sets that's defensive. Cyborg has more health? Pick a damage gear set. Black Canary has a defensive gear set? Pick an ability gear set that gets you in easier.
I've seen nothing to suggest that there's gear sets that are like "Superman: 20% Damage Boost", other than the assumption things will be grossly unbalanced.

We have no problem with varying levels of health at the base for the roster. We say it adds a level of depth. Why is any other stat any different? It's not like Gear Mode being on means my opponent is full of buffs and I'm full of handicaps. Pick your gear sets just as appropriately as you'd pick Variations. Yeah, there's a ton more variables and things to balance, but I don't think NRS is just throwing shit at a wall with it. I could be wrong, but I'm open-minded to it. If your not, that's cool, I just think it's important to differentiate the distinction between why I am open-minded versus why most everyone else is against it.
Because when you start specializing it starts to throw everything out of whack.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, his brainiac drones are creepy as hell...are those human skulls? lol

Love it. He looks...unique, I'll say that much. Not sure what kind of play style he'll be, kind of looks like a bit mixed. I wonder if we'll see Brainiac breakdown soon.

Also, was that Green Arrow's boxing glove? lol hilarious

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Seriously, though. look at these tools!

He's got mobility:

Whatever the fuck this is:

Sky lasers (please don't be gear-releated!!!):

Insane anti-air:

A divekick (I wonder if it can be combined with the move in that first gif...)

Um...this:

And finally, a meterless, launching, confirmable, 1/3-screen overhead... (well, I assume overhead)

He's everything I wanted, and more!

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
No one's triggered. But if someone says "no worries if a cool looking move is just an ability, go play gear mode, it'll be fun!", they're going to be told how that is not the case.

If someone posts a status saying "yo, I can't wait to unlock x move and use it in gear mode", then good for them, I'm sure no one would attack them for it.

Do you see the difference?
I too hope that the good stuff isn't gear mode. That projectile thing can go tho, its meh design

the rest is dope

im betting superlaser is a 2 slot gear thing tho

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Ok, his brainiac drones are creepy as hell...are those human skulls? lol

Love it. He looks...unique, I'll say that much. Not sure what kind of play style he'll be, kind of looks like a bit mixed. I wonder if we'll see Brainiac breakdown soon.

Also, was that Green Arrow's boxing glove? lol hilarious

To me it looks like when he absorbs the humans from earth that he makes them into those cyborg things.

Which is super twisted and amazing lol.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
To me it looks like when he absorbs the humans from earth that he makes them into those cyborg things.

Which is super twisted and amazing lol.
Yeah lol assimilated then turned into those drones of his lol. I love the partially organic yet cybernetci vibe going on there. In the comics and shows they're often all robotic, but this is a more of a darker, almost horror spin on them which is awesome. I agree lol.

So Green Arrow is not a Metahuman but he can teleport now. I bet his boxing glove arrow is just gear.

Brainiac looks great especially his Super!!!