What's new

Injustice 2 First Balance Patch Reactions, Hype and Tears Thread

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
PSA: they did not show everything just general changes for the characters. I'm sorry if they didn't spend stream time to show off all the changes to Captain colds mids
It's most likely that we'll see some hidden buffs/nerfs to all chars we might lab. NRS has a history to announce a tiny portion of what the patch will bring in the game once we see it for ourselves.

Also, if they showed Captain Cold, everybody would lose interest in the stream and log off, so we'd all miss the rest of the information.
Unfortunately for you, there are tons of people who like Captain Cold. Even Sonicfox loves him. Nobody wants BB and his cringe scarab costume.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
It's most likely that we'll see some hidden buffs/nerfs to all chars we might lab. NRS has a history to announce a tiny portion of what the patch will bring in the game once we see it for ourselves.

Unfortunately for you, there are tons of people who like Captain Cold. Even Sonicfox loves him. Nobody wants BB and his cringe scarab costume.
You are talking about a guy in an eskimo costume. Not that much better tbh.

She wont be, Superman is the same, supergirl slightly better.

Beforehand he was miles ahead of her. I dont think its anywhere near enough to close the gap.
I don't know, man.....

Despite her (relatively) low damage, she has some amazing tools to work with and in the right hands, she's a dangerous opponent. With a damage buff coming, I think she's going to become downright deadly.

I think she'll make top 5 easy.

I am *not* saying Aquaman is bad now: what I am saying is I believe the era of the pocket aquaman is dead....to the point that I'm probably not even going to play him when I'm drunk anymore like I used to.

Really glad they left arrow alone. I agree with NRS: he's exactly the way he should be :)

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Espio's been completely respectful when arguing with you, stop being such a baby.

P.S. basing as character's strength off of tournament results is stupid. Cyrax didn't start winning tournaments until year 2 in MK9, and he was always top 3 in the game.
I don't think most of the people here now were around in mk9, it might be time to update the good ol' example list

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
The top tier got nerfed, he got improved, he's always been solid now he's top5 along with Robin.
He now can't get meterless combo from overhead in the corner and got a damage nerf. How is that improved exaxtly?

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Damn, brainiac mains just sitting in the corner watching hell arise as people lose their shit over what characters have been nerfed or buffed and how much the changes fucked over the tier list. We just happy we got "overbuffed".

Beach

La mejor playa
Getting in my 500+ damage BA combos out while I can:cool: I like the look of this patch, although curious to the small stuff they haven't shown yet.

Damn, brainiac mains just sitting in the corner watching hell arise as people lose their shit over what characters have been nerfed or buffed and how much the changes fucked over the tier list. We just happy we got "overbuffed".
I think it is too early to say that he is "overbuffed" - a lot of things need to be considered some of which we are not even aware of. We know that it still disappears even on block if it is on the screen already. Can he release trait during delayed wake up? Does it count as stored if he gets hit during the animation? How much of a damage buff we are talking about?
He is definitely thousand times better but how good is yet to be seen.