What's new

Injustice 2 First Balance Patch Reactions, Hype and Tears Thread

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
The cancel window has a gap too in all of them except for one string. Does CW have strings like that since we're comparing characters?
Someone already told you to just do B1/3 into shield bash for safety and gapless pressure but you decided to ignore it for some reason. B13/33 into shield bash is definitely a gimmick but shield bash jails off 3, B1, B2 and 11 so there are options to play him safe AND gapless if your oponent is blowing up your cancels.

I don't see how he is gimmicky, maybe you just decide to play him gimmicky. It's not like he has to commit to it like Supergirl, he actually has safe meterless jailing options.

justim

Shingo Kick!
Don't forget, the previous patches that said it wouldn't affect competitive mode will now affect competitive mode. I have no idea what those were but iirc they weren't anything game changing.
I'm not sure who made this, but it was posted when I was reading Alucard's post on Facebook. However, it could be useful to people who are mods here & people who are just now finding out what was mentioned.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EUHl9VZJBYA8YcSLDuU6nWxdyEQuMQau3IjtlV21l04/mobilebasic
Whoever made this is an awesome individual.

...I added the other competitive changes from the previous patch to the list now ;)

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
1) You did jack sh*t of explanation. "She's a cancer" - yet, like always, you can't provide a single valid point how exactly she's a cancer, nor do you know her frame data or actual strings (remember the SG general discussion thread?)
2) She has no true 50/50 lmao and only legit crossups she has are in the corner, which if you know the MU, could handle most of the time. You simply suck at this MU. I even offered you a session for long games to showcase the MU, but you will rather complain about the stuff you dont understand than actually learning the MU.
3) So in other words: "I dont like vortex and 50/50s, yet I play Shinnok in MKX, Quan in MK9 and it doesnt matter if what I say now makes sense or not. Btw SG is cancer"
Jesus man, when did you get so primadonna? But it's all good, I'm in the mood for some internet drama.

1) I gave you reasons, every single time. I've talked about her f3 and b2 staggerable mixup in this thread, and her teleport, low profiling d1 and air dash in others. But hey, your new character is cancer, so you might as well play along!

2) Her "no true 50/50s" work as long as you don't abuse them, and she has tons of them. She has gimmicks for days. Is it bad character design? Probably. Does she deserve to have a safe shell on top of it? Nope.

3) Don't be a prick and be honest: when I played Shinnok against you and I expected you to block, did I usually stagger his s1 (or 11, or f3 etc.) or did I go for a 50/50? I staggered, even though Shinnok's stagger (besides his new f3) are considered very mediocre and his 50/50s are considered good. I played a character I liked in a way I liked... Mindblowing, right?

You know I love you Sharp, but that was just a bad post.
See what I did there? :DOGE

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
WoWo with random trait won't be top tier, prob mid tier.
Supergirl, Robin & Flash def top.
Please tell me why you think Flash is top? Just because he is safe on a RMS that leads to no damage? I think he was fine the way he was

New top 10 predictions

1. Supergirl
2. Darkseid
3. Red Hood
4. Black Canary
5. Black Adam
6. Poison Ivy
7. Harley
8. Cheetah
9. Brainac
10 . Is up in the air depends on how well dr.fate,robin,swamp thing,gorilla grood,wonderwomen,bane,and captain cold do with their new changes. I'm very excited to see how things play out now

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
New top 10 predictions

1. Supergirl
2. Darkseid
3. Red Hood
4. Black Canary
5. Black Adam
6. Poison Ivy
7. Harley
8. Cheetah
9. Brainac
10 . Is up in the air depends on how well dr.fate,robin,swamp thing,gorilla grood,wonderwomen,bane,and captain cold do with their new changes. I'm very excited to see how things play out now
What. Supergirl gets a bit more damage and a safe B123 and she now becomes top 1?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
New top 10 predictions

1. Supergirl
2. Darkseid
3. Red Hood
4. Black Canary
5. Black Adam
6. Poison Ivy
7. Harley
8. Cheetah
9. Brainac
Honestly some of you guys are overreacting to either buffs or nerfs of some chars lol.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
ž
See what I did there? :DOGE
Every time you posts anything SG related is laughable to say at least. You were proven wrong everytime you tried to say something you didnt know - then there were no responses from you because a) You didnt know her frame data 2) You didnt know her strings (the same SG general discussion - not gonna bother copying all the responses to your comments because you can find that thread by urself)

"her teleport" - lol, same story. If by this time you still complain about it it just proves you know nothing about the character nor the MU itself. If it's not the case - please, explain in detail how is this a cancerous move when it has long-ass startup frames, sound clue before the animation even starts, can be low duck-able for full combo punish, standing block-able for full combo punish. Feel free to express yourself (again).

"Her "no true 50/50s" work as long as you don't abuse them, and she has tons of them." - Low blocking for days and watching out for oh after b2 seems like a good solution for your problem - you know, something that decent players with MU knowledge do. B2 into overhead is a literal suicide.
  • Now explain the best comment so far "she has tons of them" (50/50s) - This one must be good.
"You know I love you Sharp, but that was just a bad post." - You know that's pretty much what every of your posts regarding SG is.

Tweedy

Noob
The thing about Supergirl is that the only things she didn't have were damage and safety. Broke jump in and air dash? Check. Great anti air? Check. Fast advancing, hit confirmable mid? Check. Low profiling poke? Check. Her trait isn't amazing zoning but it's good enough to where she's not crawling in.

Depending on just how much damage she gets, she could easily be top 5 now.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Every time you posts anything SG related is laughable to say at least. You were proven wrong everytime you tried to say something you didnt know - then there were no responses from you because a) You didnt know her frame data 2) You didnt know her strings (the same SG general discussion - not gonna bother copying all the responses to your comments because you can find that thread by urself)

"her teleport" - lol, same story. If by this time you still complain about it it just proves you know nothing about the character nor the MU itself. If it's not the case - please, explain in detail how is this a cancerous move when it has long-ass startup frames, sound clue before the animation even starts, can be low duck-able for full combo punish, standing block-able for full combo punish. Feel free to express yourself (again).

"Her "no true 50/50s" work as long as you don't abuse them, and she has tons of them." - Low blocking for days and watching out for oh after b2 seems like a good solution for your problem - you know, something that decent players with MU knowledge do. B2 into overhead is a literal suicide.
  • Now explain the best comment so far "she has tons of them" (50/50s) - This one must be good.
"You know I love you Sharp, but that was just a bad post." - You know that's pretty much what every of your posts regarding SG is.
She has a teleport, an ambiguos f3, airdashes, a low profiling d1, b2throw and b2 stagger. All of them are gimmicky but all of them work, just don't abuse them.

And the SG community often didn't answer me, just like I did at times. Unlike you, however I wasn't full enough of myself to think that I just scared them away, they probably had better stuff to do as I did.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
The thing about Supergirl is that the only things she didn't have were damage and safety. Broke jump in and air dash? Check. Great anti air? Check. Fast advancing, hit confirmable mid? Check. Low profiling poke? Check. Her trait isn't amazing zoning but it's good enough to where she's not crawling in.

Depending on just how much damage she gets, she could easily be top 5 now.
I agreed. Picking her up now.