What's new

Injustice 2 First Balance Patch Reactions, Hype and Tears Thread

Haven't watched the stream yet, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much of a reduction there is going to be on batman's MB baterangs in terms of frame advantage?

The way it was described "not enough time to forward dash and continue pressure".

Still shocked the joker is untouched... he was undisputed bottom 5

I feel really mixed about this patch. Some of the stuff makes sense and was elegant. Catwoman, Atrocitus, Black Adam, Ivy, Deadshot, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, etc. were all handled pretty solidly. Some of them I'm not super clear on, but it sounds like characters such as Canary might have been overbuffed slightly? I'm also not clear whether Grodd still needs his stampede cancels to survive in matches. If so, I'm not pleased with that at all.

But the thing that really frustrates me is the number of obvious changes that should've been made but were avoided.

-Aquaman: Why on earth would AM's tentacle strike be a better nerf target than trident rush? Trident Rush is hands down the most annoying, skill-less move in the game. Rename it from "Trident Rush" to "Hype Crush" if you want to be accurate. And it gets a token damage nerf. Delete that move (or make it severely negative on block, do almost no chip, whatever) and AM would be fine. And it's not even part of his actual game plan. If he's supposed to be a "defensive wall," why would he need a pressure move like that? Who at NRS loves that move so much?

-Wonder Woman: Why does her trait have to be random? What RNG-based move in any fighting game ever has been a hit with the players? I appreciate that they shortened the startup and cool down of the move, but why not give us some ability to control it? Why withhold control from the player?

-Superman: F23 is fine? And F23~breath is also fine? Why do some characters get such simplistic tools with no downsides? Should I believe that it's coincidence that those tend to be headliner characters? I appreciate the nerf to his wakeup game, but why is it so easy for him to dominate the neutral? Shouldn't that be a key challenge in any match?

-Batman: Same with J2. Why is the hitbox on this move ok?

-Swamp Thing: He can't get a decent wall- or ground-bounce combo with meter still? Does he really need to have such tight links on his BnBs? Do his F3/B3 really have to come from another zip code before they reach the opponent? These are so obvious and such QOL fixes as well.

-Captain Cold: This character could be so good (but not broken) with some decent mid-hitting strings. Why adjust arctic trap and full-screen ice wall but not consider the fact that his basic strings are mostly garbage?

-Joker: He really needed nothing? Are you sure?

-Cyborg: See "Joker."

As I said, some of the changes in this patch seem really solid and well-thought-out. It just seems to me that the devs are in some ways being deliberately obtuse to needs and shortcomings that are readily apparent to anyone with a few days' knowledge of the game. The other possible explanation is that the devs are trying to enforce their own agenda for how the game should be played and only want to remove impediments to that goal. If they've decided that spammable moves are something they want to see in the game, then no amount of common sense is going to get rid of trident rush and F23 and J2. Same with WW's trait if they like the idea of randomness being part of a character's core tool set. And while their vision is certainly something they can enforce, I can't say I as a dedicated player can condone that level of big-brother-esque control. It's unpalatable as a player, and it leads (and has lead in game after game) to unpleasant experiences for players and spectators and overall a game with a shorter lifespan and a dissatisfied fan base.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There's still more changes that will be revealed in the patch notes, on top of stealth changes or however they call them.
Like, yeah they will, point is, some ppl where expecting a massive cart of changes for their characters, like GL, SZ, and a good amount of them didn't got changed at all, the shopping list didn't came. Just wait till you see Tom Brady's tears, even Tyler was laughing his ass off as soon as he higlighted SZ on the character select screen and asking if he got anything.

In many characters there doesn't seem to have massive overhaul changes outside of aquaman.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Now explain:
1) How SG is a "vortex" character
2) A "50/50" character
3) How are you not a "vortex or 50/50" fan but somehow played Impostor Shinnok in MKX
1) Supergirl is not a vortex character, but is still cancer.
2) Supergirl has 50/50s that widen from ambiguos crossups to the b2 mixup.
3) I answered that already.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Supergirl has no 50/50's. Any overhead can be seen a mile away....stop. Her f3 is death on whiff, backdashable, forward dashable, etc.

And B2*Grab is death onnblock
Her b2 mixup is as unviable as Scorpion's f4, just don't abuse it and it'll hit. Besides, you can even stagger b2 alone.

Having her f3 whiff punishable doesn't make it unviable.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
1) Supergirl is not a vortex character, but is still cancer.
2) Supergirl has 50/50s that widen from ambiguos crossups to the b2 mixup.
3) I answered that already.
1) You did jack sh*t of explanation. "She's a cancer" - yet, like always, you can't provide a single valid point how exactly she's a cancer, nor do you know her frame data or actual strings (remember the SG general discussion thread?)
2) She has no true 50/50 lmao and only legit crossups she has are in the corner, which if you know the MU, could handle most of the time. You simply suck at this MU. I even offered you a session for long games to showcase the MU, but you will rather complain about the stuff you dont understand than actually learning the MU.
3) So in other words: "I dont like vortex and 50/50s, yet I play Shinnok in MKX, Quan in MK9 and it doesnt matter if what I say now makes sense or not. Btw SG is cancer"

Reactions: JDE

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
I don't get what they were saying about Swamp Thing. As I heard it, his grabs have armour and can block projectiles, but only after they've grabbed you ... which means that you've been grabbed and can't shoot projectiles. Am I missing something here?

Does that mean that if he grabs the guy after the projectile launches but before it hits, then he has armour against the projectile?
yes

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Her b2 mixup is as unviable as Scorpion's f4, just don't abuse it and it'll hit. Besides, you can even stagger b2 alone.

Not saying it is...but it's also not good. The real gimmick is MB f3 to try and tank the first hit of something then make them whiff the next attack and land right on them for a launch.

She also gets good dmg off b12MBb3...if you have full trait ready.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt

Not saying it is...but it's also not good. The real gimmick is MB f3 to try and tank the first hit of something then make them whiff the next attack and land right on them for a launch.

She also gets good dmg off b12MBb3...if you have full trait ready.