What's new

Injustice 2 First Balance Patch Reactions, Hype and Tears Thread

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Shield bash does not close the gaps of 33 and b13. What you mentioned are all situational in terms of landing a hit. His meter build is great i agree and his damage is not something i have an issue with. Mind you i do very well with beatle but when playing against the character, he has some issues in normals. His zoning and meter build is great due to his terrible normals.
Catwoman is FULL of gaps, she only has one useful gapless string and that is 2D21. Literally all her main strings have gaps, some even have gaps between each hit and clearly it never stopped her from being amazing.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Supergirl came out STRONG, super happy to see that, even if I don't play her. I tried. Not for me.

My girl Dinah though. Shooooooo.

So, I see some people saying BB needed more damage. I'm not a bb player by any means, but I wasn't under the impression he was that low damage ? Just something I thought was off. I could be totally wrong, again, not a BB player.

Glad to see the top tiers make it through relatively in tact. I feel like maybe Batman needed a thing or two more than he got.. hit CWs stuff seems like it will penalize gimicky play and still reward good footsies and spacing and such.. Supes seems to still do Superman things. Bladam just doesn't kill you in two touches any more and has to play the game a little. Aquaman I don't know yet.

Joker needed to not go totally ignored.. I hated to see that. Super happy to see Crow and Harley not get fucked with. We'll see more WoWo now..

I think the health of the game as a whole is going to be significantly improved by this patch. I can see a much more diverse snd interesting landscape ahead.

Was taking notes during the stream. Feel free to pin these or copy them.

Injustice 2 confirmed patch changes.

Subzero - No Changes

Swamp THing - When trait is active, Swamp has armor on his vine grab. (can absorb a projectile) Trait Recovers and activates faster

Trait stays active when blocking.

More defense for big body characters.

Aquaman - Mb tenticle strike does not launch anymore.Reduced chip damage on trident rush, and damage on hit.B123 is now slightly negative on block

Catwoman - J2 is adjusted. It's aimed up a little bit.B3 has more recovery on whiff. Hurt region adjusted. Reduced pushback on block
Reduce damage via damage scaling. No Armor on meter burn cat dash!!! Trait no longer has wakeup invincibility.

Atrocitus - Dextar moves now take more trait bars. F223~Puke is now no longer a true block string.YOu can duck the puke. F22 puke is STILL a true block string.
Vomit advantage is the same regardless of distance now.

Flash - BF2 (lightning punch) is now slightly faster. Running man stance lost ability to combo in the corner for free, but he has a safe option off running man stance.Damage scaling given to trait combos

Harley - No Changes.

Green Lantern - No Changes

Batman - MB Batarangs frame advantage reduced.

Red Hood - Head Dive slower on startup (nerf) Mb Restand trait combo reduce advantage (nerf)

Superman - BF3 Superman punch is now a high (not a mid), and it has lost armor. Rising Grab has more recovery frames on whiff and block. Damage scaling.

Joker - No Changes.

Gorilla Grodd - Defense increasing. Stampede now does a lot more damage. Can now cancel into telekenetic push and trait moves immediately after hitting trait. (Faster)
Infinite combo removed from the game.

Cheetah - 223 combo safe on block. 332 string now advantage on block. (Made her stronger when she gets in)

Deadshot - B1 slower and more negative on block. B12 is now negative on block. D1 is now 7f d1.(buff) F1 is no longer 6f it's 8f)

Poison Ivy - D2 is now faster. Hitbox on it has been tremendously improved. Vine Slingshot stance has better damage scaling. She gets more damage from it.
D1~ball and chain mb will truly link. Her combo damage has been increased overall.

Super Girl - Damage Scaling improved. She will do slightly more damage in combos. MB Breath now does a few percent of damage now. B123 is now safe on block. (Yuck) Still has the gap in B12~breath

2 has more frames, but it's now a mid.

Green Arrow - No Changes.

Doctor Fate - Glyph move less punishable on block.(still negative)

Blue Beetle - No Changes (!?)

FireStorm - No Changes

Black Canary - 112 now safe on block. 112~throw is a true tic throw. (!) 33 is now + on block. More moves out of cartwheel have more pushblock on block. The upkick is now safe. B12 now does more damage and is safe on block.

Darkseid - No Changes

Wonder Woman - Air Shield and Ground Shield now fucntion identically. They both can create a full combo. F23 Is now safe on block. (safe low) B23 is now + on block. Still has the gap and pushback.
Trait recovers much quicker on activation and can be used within combos or strings.

Black Adam - Damage Scaling across the board. Needs a bar to combo now. Orbs scale in combo.
(regular combo now does 414 with trait in combo)

Captain Cold - Hitbox adjustments. S3 is a great anti air now. Less recovery on arctic trap. Removed gap on the full screen ice wall.

Robin - F3 fixed. Can now aim far or close F3. 212 sword hitboxes fixed. Swoop Mb fixed.

Braniac - Damage increased on a lot of different attacks. Trait can now be held in. As long as he doesn't let it go, it wont go away on block or hit.

Bane - Increased Defense. MB moves now do more damage. standing 1 is now faster.

Scarecrow - No Changes.

Interactables - More cooldown should have buffed arrow damage a bit

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The Green Lantern Corp is gonna add some new members, I can feel it. Those nerfs to the brain dead brigade are going to help him rise from mediocrity. I still don't think he'll ever be top 5, but we shall see.
I may be joining you guys. I'll still play Aquaman but maybe I'll want a second character.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Really hoping for some phantom frame data changes to Swamp's normals (B3/F3, st2, etc) but having a nice trait is starting to sound pretty good. If you can mb roll with trait through the opponent I can already seem some awesome pressure setups. His corner game is already pretty solid and now it's even better.

Probably still low tier, but the middle ranks are getting pretty numerous, so that's a plus.

I don't get what they were saying about Swamp Thing. As I heard it, his grabs have armour and can block projectiles, but only after they've grabbed you ... which means that you've been grabbed and can't shoot projectiles. Am I missing something here?

Does that mean that if he grabs the guy after the projectile launches but before it hits, then he has armour against the projectile?

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Is there any logical reason why Captain Cold's 12 - DB3 still doesn't link? Someone help me out

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Weren't you an Imposter Shinnok main? You don't like vortexes or 50/50s?
That's a very good question.

I was a Quan Chi main in MK9 and at the time I really enjoyed 50/50s, so in MKX I picked Shinnok up the second he got them in the very first patch and he quickly became my main.

MKX had so many 50/50s that they worn out on me quickly though, so I slowly changed my main to Boneshaper, still with Impostor I always got better results.