What's new

Injustice 2 Combo Breaker 2018 Results and Top 8

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I actually agree. But I also think you shouldn’t be able to rematch until the match is completely over, including fatalities. I understand you just want to get into the next match, but it absolutely kills the hype, the tension, the pacing, it kills everything. You can’t get hype after a good match if they IMMEDIATELY rematch before it’s even over fully.

AGREED! Ive noticed NRS games are the only tournaments that allow instant rematch after a dramatic finish (super, fatality, brutality etc) and I think that shit is hella lame. Let the game shine where it shines best and let all that shit rock! THAT should be a rule in future tournaments. It would bring better viewership. Its a no brainer.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I can only speak for myself but I feel like I would just accidentally rematch all the time and skip it. Especially since you're coming off an L and might be on tilt a little, it's just force of nature. I don't really see a way for a tournament event organisers to enforce this rule.

But it would be sick and help out a lil bit

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
AGREED! Ive noticed NRS games are the only tournaments that allow instant rematch after a dramatic finish (super, fatality, brutality etc) and I think that shit is hella lame. Let the game shine where it shines best and let all that shit rock! THAT should be a rule in future tournaments. It would bring better viewership. Its a no brainer.
How did you get this info? That statement just doesn't make sense.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
How did you get this info? That statement just doesn't make sense.
Ummmm through observation....Have you ever looked at a SF tournament and see somebody instantly rematch in the middle of a super finish? Have you ever seen a Tekken tournament and seen anybody instantly pause the game in the middle of a super? SPOILER ALERT! The answer is NOPE! Ive only seen that in NRS tournaments.

That's why I feel there should be a rule in place to let the finishers rock. Plus, AGAIN, NRS has the best finish animations (fatalities, supers, etc) in their game.

Roy Arkon

Ummmm through observation....Have you ever looked at a SF tournament and see somebody instantly rematch in the middle of a super finish? Have you ever seen a Tekken tournament and seen anybody instantly pause the game in the middle of a super? SPOILER ALERT! The answer is NOPE! Ive only seen that in NRS tournaments.

That's why I feel there should be a rule in place to let the finishers rock. Plus, AGAIN, NRS has the best finish animations (fatalities, supers, etc) in their game.
You say that NRS tournies are the only ones that ALLOW such a thing while others don't. That's what makes it nonsensical. Just because you don't see it that doesn't it is not allowed. So even if it happens only in NRS games (and I'm sure it's not the case), it doesn't happen out of permission.

Also keep in mind that NRS games almost always have the players go for button check, and as far as I know no other game does this. Does this mean that only NRS games allow such a thing while all others don't? Of course not.

Now the players don't have to go to the very last hit and outro in every match, just like they don't have to go for intros in every match (which BTW they do go for it a lot of times, including the IJ2 GF in between Tweedy and Gross), but in those particular cases of dramatic finishes yes it shouldn't happen, although even there, we saw a lot of Fatalities and Brutalities over the years, including in CB.

So not allowing? That's a bit over the top dude.

Edit: Last line fixed.

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
You say that NRS tournies are the only ones that ALLOW such a thing while others don't. That's what makes it nonsensical. Just because you don't see it that doesn't it is not allowed. So even if it happens only in NRS games (and I'm sure it's not the case), it doesn't happen out of permission.

Also keep in mind that NRS games almost always have the players go for button check, and as far as I know no other game does this. Does this mean that only NRS games allow such a thing while all others don't? Of course not.

Now the players don't have to go to the very last hit and outro in every match, just like they don't have to go for intros in every match (which BTW they do go for it a lot of times, including the IJ2 GF in between Tweedy and Gross), but in those particular cases of dramatic finishes yes it shouldn't happen, although even there, we saw a lot of Fatalities and Brutalities over the years, including in CB.

So adding a rule? That's a bit too much dude.
Sure, Roy....:rolleyes:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

So not allowing? That's a bit over the top dude.

Edit: Last line fixed.
People don’t realize how much hype is killed from pausing the game and instantly rematching. It doesn’t give viewers time to get hype, it kills the suspense and tension. This leads to less and less hype because there’s not the same payoff. It’s not a huge issue, but it 100% contributes to killing the hype. We as a community should go by an unwritten rule. If you’re on stream, let the match completely finish before you rematch. We definitely are the only community that seems to do this consistently. Off stream it doesn’t matter.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
People don’t realize how much hype is killed from pausing the game and instantly rematching. It doesn’t give viewers time to get hype, it kills the suspense and tension. This leads to less and less hype because there’s not the same payoff. It’s not a huge issue, but it 100% contributes to killing the hype. We as a community should go by an unwritten rule. If you’re on stream, let the match completely finish before you rematch. We definitely are the only community that seems to do this consistently. Off stream it doesn’t matter.
THANK YOU!

Roy Arkon

THANK YOU!
You guys really don't understand me at all. I am not against the idea of a rule, in fact I WAS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT THE IDEA BEFORE YOU. I did it when I made a post earlier in this thread to Gitblame:

I think it would be better to put it as rule in the tourney rather then an option in the game. That way the whole button check won't have any problems.
My whole point of my post to JBeezYBabY was about the statement that "NRS A-L-L-O-W such a thing to happen while everyone else doesn't". Even if it is true that it only happens with NRS games, it doesn't happen because NRS/WB allows it while others like Capcom don't, because that's like saying that NRS/WB are the only ones that "allow" button checks while other's don't. I mean we don't see it with other games, right?

Companies don't allow or disallow anything, it's what the players wanna do. And the players DO GIVE us the intros and Fatalities and Brutalities, not all the time, but they do. So yes there should be a rule, even if an unwritten one, but to say that it happens because the "NRS allows it" is just stupid.

Now you get what I'm saying? THANK YOU.

Last edited: