What's new

Injustice 2 Character Confirmations - Release Roster Complete!

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
I'm sorry to go off topic but, I think we need at least one superman villain in the game. I don't see Zod coming back, doomsday is in the phantom zone, and Lex is dead. Soooooo , Brainiac? Metallo?

Kokoko

Somehow
I'm sorry to go off topic but, I think we need at least one superman villain in the game. I don't see Zod coming back, doomsday is in the phantom zone, and Lex is dead. Soooooo , Brainiac? Metallo?
Boon already mentioned Darkseid. He must be playable this time, such an iconic villain.

Kokoko

Somehow
Darkseid is a general/Justice League villain, not a Superman one.
Do you speak about Injustice universe? If i remember correctly, Darkseid hires Lobo to kill Superman after the death of Kalibak. He may try to kill Superman by himself this time. Could be a great rivalry between those two.

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
He is new genesis/DCU villain. He is not a superman villain like lex, brainiac, Zod or mongul.
I agree with you. This maybe a long shot but I think it would be brainiac. Just because in the IGN gameplay videos you see batman standing at a computer before the character select, then when loading , there is an EYE like brother eye , The OMAC system. Something Brainiac can take over. Ok it's a Reaaaaaaaalllll long shot but still.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Darkseid not a Superman villain? Do you even comic, bro?
Yes I do, do you? Darkseid sees kryptonians as threats to his plans moreso than humans or demi-gods but he operates as a general foe to the DCU as a whole, not mainly Superman. It's like Thanos, Grundy, Amazo, Onslaught, etc.

He is new genesis/DCU villain. He is not a superman villain like lex, brainiac, Zod or mongul.
Exactly, those are foes of Superman, not Darkseid.

Do you speak about Injustice universe? If i remember correctly, Darkseid hires Lobo to kill Superman after the death of Kalibak. He may try to kill Superman by himself this time. Could be a great rivalry between those two.
In general. In the Injustice Universe you could say that Green Lanterns are foes of Superman and Superman/Regime against the Guardians of the Universe is potentially just as great a rivalry as Apokolips/Darkseid. You could also count Dr. Fate as a potential great foe. There's a ton of people against Superman, doesn't mean Darkseid is a Superman villain otherwise so is Batman/Insurgency.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
He's certainly not a Superman only villain, but I would argue his "arch-nemesis" is definitely Superman (more so than Highfather and his goons). Brainiac has certainly evolved over the years into more of a general DCU villain as well, but I wouldn't say "he's not a Superman villain, period". Luthor's been a central DCU antagonist for decades (52?). He appears in more books than Superman himself lately...

His relationship with Superman is incomparable to any relationship Thanos has with an opponent in Marvel.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
He's certainly not a Superman only villain, but I would argue his "arch-nemesis" is definitely Superman (more so than Highfather and his goons). Brainiac has certainly evolved over the years into more of a general DCU villain as well, but I wouldn't say "he's not a Superman villain, period". Luthor's been a central DCU antagonist for decades (52?). He appears in more books than Superman himself lately...

His relationship with Superman is incomparable to any relationship Thanos has with an opponent in Marvel.

Darkseid's arch-nemesis are New Gods/His Son. Brianiac is a Superman villain, his origins involve Superman's homeworld (depending on the incarnation) and most of his villainy takes place within Superman comics. The same cannot be said for Darkseid, could you say even 50 percent of his appearances are within Superman comics? A villain simply appearing elsewhere does not make him a "general villain". Joker had an entire storyline arc with Superman (Emperor Joker) but he is a Batman villain despite branching outside the universe.

His relationship with Kryptonian foes on Earth, of which there are only 2, is what's incomparable. He's been a big villain to Kara as well but for sure isn't a Supergirl villain. I couldn't tell you if there's anything comparable though, I don't like cosmic marvel.

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
For a Superman villain I'd love to see Brainiac. The only limit to his power set is the developer's creativity. He's had many unique looks and that should make gearing him exciting as well.
Would be awesome if Brainiac was the main villain also, probably will have to unlock him by finishing the main story just like Shinnok.

Larfleeze would be hella fun seeing what they've done with Atrocitus. Man, he could be summoning different casts of minions from his "corpse", stealing identities just like Shang)

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I was unable to confirm this on my PS4 store, but apparently Darkseid is a preorder bonus for Injustice 2 as a playable character (like Goro for MKX).

Again, I couldn't pull up Injustice 2 pre-order screen on my PS4 but they may have taken it down to avoid the leak from spreading...

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
- Robin
- Poison Ivy
- Bane
- Brainiac
Looks like they've been confirmed from new trailer.
I would say Joker but looks like hes been cut off.

Mulder

King of Heroes
Wouldn't confirm Joker just yet. Green Lantern's been confirmed with John Stewart as an alt skin. Reverse Flash and Power Girl will be alt skins as well.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Updated OP with confirmations:
Robin
Poison Ivy
Bane...all from Lines Redrawn trailer

Updated OP with light confirms:
Darkseid due to potential leak of him as a preorder bonus like Goro
Brainiac...more than likely him at the end of Lines Redrawn but it's still kinda vague...don't kill me boys