What's new

Injustice 2 Character Confirmations - Release Roster Complete!

trufenix

bye felicia
it doesn't matter guys, there are no rules in character selection. I'd think we'd be past this by now. team affiliation, attributed hero, skin color, gender, power set, doesn't matter. The equation is developer preferences and technical capabilities divided by publisher marketing needs to the (likelihood to generate impulse buy) power.

Niitsuma just posted a clinic about this on twitter about UMvC3. Sometimes characters just doesn't work out no matter how much "sense" they make.

trufenix

bye felicia
MKX roster was leaked hard, and while it was ridiculed at first (can't be 3 monks, can't be so many special forces, must be fake, etc) it ended up being 100% accurate.
Everything gets leaked. Can you tell me which one is true or do we all have to wait until May regardless?

Mulder

King of Heroes
The guy posted this before the new trailer and also correctly said Brainiac'd be the main villain+posted art of Harley from the mobile version.
Oh and the Harley art can't be sourced back to anywhere/anyone so it's legit

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Everything gets leaked. Can you tell me which one is true or do we all have to wait until May regardless?
The one that hits it lol. No way to actually know if it's true or not. Buttttt, the one where the guy said he helped on the Inj2 mobile game had Robin, Ivy, Bane, Beetle, on roster before reveal, and Brainiac as the main villain in his list. I'm guessing it was a legit leak due to the likelihood and naming select characters.

All the others "leaks" are probably suspect at best though so I hear that lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
The guy posted this before the new trailer and also correctly said Brainiac'd be the main villain+posted art of Harley from the mobile version.
You're acting like I'm not saying he's right. I'm saying its fantastic watching people latch on to whisps of logic to feed their fantasies and disappointment.

trufenix

bye felicia
The one that hits it lol. No way to actually know if it's true or not. Buttttt, the one where the guy said he helped on the Inj2 mobile game had Robin, Ivy, Bane, Beetle, on roster before reveal, and Brainiac as the main villain in his list. I'm guessing it was a legit leak due to the likelihood and naming select characters.

All the others "leaks" are probably suspect at best though so I hear that lol.
Well, I've seen two supposed leaks, and both of them don't 100% jive with the DLC / character lineup presented by the website. WHich means there are still questions to be answered. Are they right? Are they not? I don't personally care, but watching fact and fiction get twisted up in the pursuit of proving one of them "right" is fascinating. It's way more fun than having my hype bled to death by WB.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well, I've seen two supposed leaks, and both of them don't 100% jive with the DLC / character lineup presented by the website. WHich means there are still questions to be answered. Are they right? Are they not? I don't personally care, but watching fact and fiction get twisted up in the pursuit of proving one of them "right" is fascinating. It's way more fun than having my hype bled to death by WB.
Lol very true indeed. They help distract you from that $99.99 dlc edition price tag.

KCJ506

Noob
Well if Joker and Green Arrow are coming back, now people can't use the character dying in the previous game(or in the Injustice comics) as a reason for why certain other characters can't be in.

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Someone leaked it on /co/ like months ago lol.

Neogaf and gamefaqs have been talking about it all week.
Aquaman
Bane
Batman
Black Adam
Catwoman
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Harley Quinn
Superman
The Flash
The Joker
Wonder Woman

Atrocitus
Black Canary
Blue Beetle
Brainiac
Captain Cold
Deadshot
Doctor Fate
Firestorm
Gorilla Grodd
Poison Ivy
Robin
Scarecrow
Supergirl
Swamp Thing
I'm hoping some of those turn out false! That's just overkill with the Batverse characters!! I mean Scarecrow and Mr Freeze (he was on the list too).. really?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Well if Joker and Green Arrow are coming back, now people can't use the character dying in the previous game(or in the Injustice comics) as a reason for why certain other characters can't be in.
What makes you think The Joker and Green Arrow are back?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Jokers dead though so theres no way at all he can come back

not even a little bit!!
I mean there's not really anything for him to do in the story. That doesn't necessarily exclude him though, he's probably the most popular comic book villain at this time. MKX had a lot of characters that weren't in the story like Goro, Triborg, and Tremor. Liu, Lao, Sub, Kitana, and Scorpion didn't even appear in their prime costumes in the game. So you can't really totally count Joker out but if it's true that they're sticking purely to this Injustice universe, then yeah he's gonezo.

KCJ506

Noob
People in the past have suggested that some parts of the story could be flashbacks featuring the characters that died in IJ1 and that way they could be playable without having them be resurrected in the story. This is what they did in MKX.

He sees Kryptonians as a threat and there's only a max of 3 on Earth at any given time: Superman, Supergirl, and Powergirl. Superman is the strongest of the three so the most threatening but Supergirl and Powergirl are just as big of problems. You're using 90s cartoons? His comic arcs have been mainly Justice League.
And you're greatly mistaken and your information is outdated, since the only Kryptonians on earth are Clark, Kara and Jon(You know, Superman's son). Power Girl is back on earth 2.

And his obsession is with Superman, not any of the others. He only views them as ways he can get to Superman and make him suffer.

And it seems you didn't read my post very well (Look into that), since i said that Darksied becoming more of Superman villain popularized by Superman TAS and continued to the comics. Never said that it was the only example and hell, they've fought in the comics even before then.

And yes, Darksied has shown up several times in the Superman book.

Also , a lot of villains have faced the JL, that doesn't always mean they are only a JL villain.

Last edited:

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I mean there's not really anything for him to do in the story. That doesn't necessarily exclude him though, he's probably the most popular comic book villain at this time. MKX had a lot of characters that weren't in the story like Goro, Triborg, and Tremor. Liu, Lao, Sub, Kitana, and Scorpion didn't even appear in their prime costumes in the game. So you can't really totally count Joker out but if it's true that they're sticking purely to this Injustice universe, then yeah he's gonezo.
Ahh I understand now

Joker is DLC

Akuma was dlc, and it worked. Same for joker, people will cry, then buy.