What's new

Injustice 2 Character Confirmations - Release Roster Complete!

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I'm old too and enjoyed the Teen Titans. Cartoons in my youth like Batman TAS and Xmen and such were much worse and ridiculously lame when you rewatch them now, but the characters are still recognized highly.

As far as the characters, most of the Titans are fairly well done. Some episodes in Teen Titans were really good like the fighting tourney one or the one Robin fought the Titans. Titans Go is pretty whak though lol.

#BuffRaven
Batman TAS is widely considered to be the best animated show ever but nvm,

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Just like 90s Xmen is the best Xmen cartoon.

Go back and rewatch some of those episodes in 2016. It's the exact definition of nostalgia.
Actually I rewatched the whole series recently. No nostalgia here, its just a great show overall. The only "lame" thing about TAS are the combat scenes. Usually Batman throws someone into a chair/wall/table etc. I agree if it comes to X-Men.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Lets tweet to Mr. Boon. I also really want BB in, along with everyone els.
That definitely hurts his chances, but NRS is always about them matchups - and having a good big man GL and bad big man RL makes a very intriguing matchup.

Unless we tweeted him two years ago, it makes no difference. Its already done one way or the other.

KCJ506

Noob
Actually I rewatched the whole series recently. No nostalgia here, its just a great show overall. The "lame" thing about TAS are the combat scenes. Usually Batman throws someone into a chair/wall/table etc. I agree if it comes to X-Men.
When it came to action sequences in 90s cartoons, I think the ones in Spider-man TAS were one of the the worst. They mostly just consisted of grappling/throwing, people ramming each other, bear hugs and light kicks that barely lasted a minute. The show also made Spidey weak when it came to actually taking a hit. As he'd often get hit just ONCE(even from villains with only human strength) and it either knocks him out or he'll be too weak to continue fighting.

I mean his fight with Venom, they barely touched each other. It was mainly a game of chicken with Spidey running and Venom chasing and ended without either one of them getting a scratch.

GAV

Just to add, I don't dislike The Teen Titans. I don't even dislike Go. I just think they're lighthearted and it doesn't fit within an NRS game.

When I joked about putting Rick Sanchez in, its kind of the same. Rick and Morty is awesome, but it just wouldn't mesh well with Injustice II, IMO.

trufenix

bye felicia
I hate to be a downer but......
Comic Spoilers
The injustice version is dead, so his chances are not great. Not impossible though, there is always a chance, but it does lower the odds of his inclusion.
Irrelevant, Martian Manhunter is also dead in the comic.

Reactions: GAV

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'd still play the shit out of a Titans cartoon alt for Starfire if she was in and hope for her voice actress.

Also as for
Captain Atom dying in the comic
I would love for that to mean The Ray has a chance as the left field inclusion character if for no other reason than to have him as the Red Sunlight generating jailor tasked with guarding Superman's cell. Dude is so perfect for an anti Kryptonian weapon its insane. One shotted superboy with a punch, light speed, illusions, energy form, long range attacks, light constructs, energy shields, Red Sunlight generation, full mastery of energy and an overall energy sponge and magnifier.

He's never gonna make it but he is my favorite DC character from growing up during the Justice league of 93-96 era. I really truly hope he can make a return someday to either comics or games. He deserved more attention and effort as a character than was spent on him.

Last edited:

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Just to add, I don't dislike The Teen Titans. I don't even dislike Go. I just think they're lighthearted and it doesn't fit within an NRS game.

When I joked about putting Rick Sanchez in, its kind of the same. Rick and Morty is awesome, but it just wouldn't mesh well with Injustice II, IMO.
The Teen Titans are far from light hearted if you've read the comics. The animated show was lighthearted but the comics version is not. They're like the X-Men of the DCU!

All I need are Blue Beetle, Raven and Starfire. Robin/Nightwing and Cyborg are pretty much guaranteed. Then I'll have my Titans fix !

shaowebb

I'm sure they are harrowing...
Comics are nothing like this. Hell Kid Flash is a mass murderer, Raven may as well have been a horseman of death for her father, Red Robin at times has gone to places dark enough that both the league and Titans questioned whether he was over the line and needed brought down (like pre-52 when he took over the league of assassins), Wonder Girl's relationship with Ares and the power he granted was pretty sadistic, and all the countless upon countless times they've ended up in scenarios where they were facing stuff like underground death arenas kidnapping powered folks and forcing them to fight in arenas against each other like animals for amusement.

Comics are like most things. You can't just read "about them" you have to actually read them for yourself to understand the tone and execution of the crazy stuff that goes on in them or they all seem hokey in summary. Its like trying to summarize The Matrixto someone in the 90s. It'd just sound silly , but the execution and buildup to scenes and the tones it creates with shots and pacing is what made it big in its era.

Hell its like video games. You can't judge them by watching them on youtube. You have to play them to know if they are fun.

Heh...back in the day it used to be folks using this analogy for Golf. You can't watch it or read about it and call it fun, but if you play it is.

Try reading stuff. Look for the ones that reviewed well, go to comixology, and for the cost of a combo meal get yourself something cheap and decent sometime before ruling everything out based on net snippets. You can't tell anything about tone and pacing by checking out highlights. Moments are built, not grab bagged.

Last edited:

GAV

Comics are nothing like this. Hell Kid Flash is a mass murderer, Raven may as well have been a horseman of death for her father, Red Robin at times has gone to places dark enough that both the league and Titans questioned whether he was over the line and needed brought down (like pre-52 when he took over the league of assassins), Wonder Girl's relationship with Ares and the power he granted was pretty sadistic, and all the countless upon countless times they've ended up in scenarios where they were facing stuff like underground death arenas kidnapping powered folks and forcing them to fight in arenas against each other like animals for amusement.

Comics are like most things. You can't just read "about them" you have to actually read them for yourself to understand the tone and execution of the crazy stuff that goes on in them or they all seem hokey in summary. Its like trying to summarize The Matrixto someone in the 90s. It'd just sound silly , but the execution and buildup to scenes and the tones it creates with shots and pacing is what made it big in its era.

Hell its like video games. You can't judge them by watching them on youtube. You have to play them to know if they are fun.

Heh...back in the day it used to be folks using this analogy for Golf. You can't watch it or read about it and call it fun, but if you play it is.

Try reading stuff. Look for the ones that reviewed well, go to comixology, and for the cost of a combo meal get yourself something cheap and decent sometime before ruling everything out based on net snippets. You can't tell anything about tone and pacing by checking out highlights. Moments are built, not grab bagged.
I read a lot, but I haven't read a comic since the 80's. My knowledge of super heroes and super villains is like almost everyone else's. It comes from movies and TV.

shaowebb

I read a lot, but I haven't read a comic since the 80's. My knowledge of super heroes and super villains is like almost everyone else's. It comes from movies and TV.
Oh wow...yeah thats a good reason to be bitter about MANY characters. Yeah, I'd kind of try shopping around for a hit list of high spots. The Outsiders were actually pretty damned good pre 52. I'm talking before the legendarily bad stuff with Arsenal, and the metal arm that happened after the good stuff. Batgirl has always been good. Supergirl pre and post 52 is stellar. Teen Titans is honestly pretty decent pre and post 52 as well. The Justice League fell apart prior to new 52 and just seemed filled with B listers and meh stuff around the time that Batman, Superman, and WW left.

Animal Man, and Swamp Thing came out of nowhere post New 52 and are mind blowingly good. Anything Constantine is stellar, Flashpoint is damned fine stuff, Crisis comics are always fun, the ENTIRE Green Lantern saga of Blackest Night and Brightest Day are must have amazing fucking gifts to fans, and Batman has a whole host of great events that happened pre 52.

Do have some fun and give yourself a good read sometime. Things aren't at all like the 80s. These things read like a well scripted film in many cases. Honestly, if space sounds good I highly recommend blackest night and brightest day. Just incredibly good rides start to finish and they're good and long. For shorter stuff Flashpoint is a helluva event I'd suggest for a good starter. And the entire Pre-52 Red Robin is some of the best Robin reading you'll find.