What's new

Injustice 2 at GamesCom 2016

trufenix

bye felicia
Wonder Woman's trait seems to be more for combos than anything. The dash range is short and not that fast from what the trailer shows so mobility wise it might not be the best. Just early impressions.
It seems she has two ways to use it, one that buffs her arms (probably damage, or chip or hitstun or both) and one that buffs her legs which turns on the air dash. You have to look at what part of her body starts glowing. I hope she has one more, maybe that buffs her weaponry (meter gain?) since technically they are also blessed by the gods.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Do we know what each character's moves are yet? At least their traits?

@0:58 is that an EX move for Harley or are there universal EX rolls? And her super either doesn't combo with the initial two hits or you can purposely delay it. And since her dogs have a delay she's probably going to have some sick setups or something.
Not sure if anyone answered you, but that move you're seeing is the new universal meter burn dash mechanic. I don't know how I feel about it, yet. I guess it's ok considering everyone can do it. Could be broken for the characters that build crazy meter, though. Like....imagine a character like Mileena being able to meter burn dash pretty much constantly.

trufenix

bye felicia
Do we know what each character's moves are yet? At least their traits?
The traits we know are:

Superman - Same, no new details yet
Aquaman - Same, has been greatly reduced in frequency and duration.
Batman - Same, but now he can do Spiral Swords you with them or use them similar to Black Adam's orbs.
WW - Now has sword & lasso all the time, trait is one of two selectable buffs one of which gives her back her air dash.
Harley - Now throws a projectile (not sure if it can hit) that can summon one or two hyenas.
Atrocitus - Summons Dex-Starr, like Sinestro's bit except he has a few moves that he can use repeatedly.
BB - Temporary blade arms, increases range, maybe new moves
Supergirl - Eye lasers, couple different flavors.
Grodd - Mental buff, temporarily gives him new moves

@0:58 is that an EX move for Harley or are there universal EX rolls? And her super either doesn't combo with the initial two hits or you can purposely delay it. And since her dogs have a delay she's probably going to have some sick setups or something.
EX dash, projectile invulnerable and can pass through opponents as well. There is also a new air recovery that costs a bar of meter too. Harley's super is all automatic after the initial slide hits, it just doesn't look like it.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So I was watching and noticed that the full screen distance looked huge. Like Injustice 1 huge. Do we have any confirmation that there are better ways to get in so that zoning won't be dumb like before. I don't want another Superman eyelaser spam being viable play because of screen distance.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
It seems she has two ways to use it, one that buffs her arms (probably damage, or chip or hitstun or both) and one that buffs her legs which turns on the air dash. You have to look at what part of her body starts glowing. I hope she has one more, maybe that buffs her weaponry (meter gain?) since technically they are also blessed by the gods.
She has 5, Lasso, Arm, Bracelets, Legs, Shield

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
So I was watching and noticed that the full screen distance looked huge. Like Injustice 1 huge. Do we have any confirmation that there are better ways to get in so that zoning won't be dumb like before. I don't want another Superman eyelaser spam being viable play because of screen distance.
MB Dash

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Mb dash gors through projectiles. But really zoning wasnt even dumb it just required you to respect it. Zoning in Injustice was hella legit

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Damn. I only saw the arms and legs in the new vids. Have you seen a report somewhere? That sounds incredible.

I swear to god if there are any 70 frame activating traits while she has five for free I will rage.
Saw the first 3 in the 17 minute vid, then saw the other two in the 28 minute one. Not sure what the other ones do though.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
So i've only seen the 17 minute vid so far, but the combo escape looks WAY different to me.

It seems to leave you in place and the recovery looks huge now. This looks better. More risk for your reward!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That is Zod being dumb not zoning as a whole being dumb. You dont nerf full screen distance just because Zod was dumb, you nerf Zod because Zod was dumb. Whole game mechanics shouldnt be changed because of 1 problem character, just change the problem character
Zod wasn't the only character with oppressive zoning/keep away in Injustice.

But the 'strength' of zoning in any game is defined by the strength of those characters that are strong zoners. So if your argument is "You're not allowed to describe the strength of zoning in a game by actual characters' tools" I don't see how it applies.

Not to mention that the universal game traits of huge stage sizes, lower mobility, and intermittent interactible throwing combined with the Clash position reset helped to make said zoning and keepaway as strong as they were.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Zod wasn't the only character with oppressive zoning/keep away in Injustice.

But the 'strength' of zoning in any game is defined by the strength of those characters that are strong zoners. So if your argument is "You're not allowed to describe the strength of zoning in a game by actual characters' tools" I don't see how it applies.

Also, it was the universal game traits of huge stage sizes, lower mobility, and intermittent interactible throwing that helping to make said zoning as strong as it was.
Ok so who else had borderline broken zoning tools? No one besides Zod. Zoning characters were good because the mehanics of the game allowed them to be. Put Sinestro with his same exact tool set in a game where the screen is half the size and you can run and have to commit to a full dash and hes no longer good, even though his tools are all exactly the same. We already have MB rolls for the people not parient enough to duck or block a projectile before they dash, screen size doesnt need to shrink as well, the big screen size is part of Injustices charm

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Ok so who else had borderline broken zoning tools? No one besides Zod. Zoning characters were good because the mehanics of the game allowed them to be. Put Sinestro with his same exact tool set in a game where the screen is half the size and you can run and have to commit to a full dash and hes no longer good, even though his tools are all exactly the same. We already have MB rolls for the people not parient enough to duck or block a projectile before they dash, screen size doesnt need to shrink as well, the big screen size is part of Injustices charm
MMH's combination of Orbs, Pillars, Telekinetic Strike and Trait Arms was extremely strong as well and debilitating in a number of matchups. And then you had a number of individual matchup situations where characters struggled with other zoners in the game.

Saying "zoning wasn't a big deal, just respect it bro" doesn't really do 'justice' to the strength of zoning in Injustice at all :cool:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
So i've only seen the 17 minute vid so far, but the combo escape looks WAY different to me.

It seems to leave you in place and the recovery looks huge now. This looks better. More risk for your reward!
You control the direction of the air tech, that seems like a neutral escape, where in most other footage we have seen the back one.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
MMH's combination of Orbs, Pillars, Telekinetic Strike and Trait Arms was extremely strong as well and debilitating in a number of matchups. And then you had a number of individual matchup situations where characters struggled with other zoners in the game.

Saying "zoning wasn't a big deal, just respect it bro" doesn't really do 'justice' to the strength of zoning in Injustice at all :cool:
Ok if we are using martian as the example then everything in injustice was op lol. Im talking about the game as a whole. Martian was poorly designed because he had way too many tools, not the games fault, is the characters. Is shrinking the screen going to instantly make martian bearable? No, fixing martian would though.

Yes some characters struggled against zoning but some zoners also struggled to keep characters off of them, so if you use those match ups as the example then suddenly zoning not that op anymore huh? The vast majority of characters with zoning tools: batman, gl, supes, deathstroke, harley, bladam, ect were all fine in the end.

I wouldnt say rushdown is op in injutice because of flash/batgirl, or footsies and anti airs were too strong because of aquaman, or armor was too strong in injustice because of bane, and id say zoning wasnt op either just because of zod/martian.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
I am def. hyped for injustice 2. Having never played Injustice before.. do the stats listed in the below image actually impact gameplay in anyway? If so, How?

just curious - Based on comics, wouldn't WW have more HP than Grodd...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Ok if we are using martian as the example then everything in injustice was op lol. Im talking about the game as a whole. Martian was poorly designed because he had way too many tools, not the games fault, is the characters. Is shrinking the screen going to instantly make martian bearable? No, fixing martian would though.
You can't just write off every example of really strong zoning in the game.

That's like saying "Well if you took Kabal, Freddy and Kenshi out of MK9, zoning wouldn't have been that strong!"

Well, they were there, and it was.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I am def. hyped for injustice 2. Having never played Injustice before.. do the stats listed in the below image actually impact gameplay in anyway? If so, How?

just curious - Based on comics, wouldn't WW have more HP than Grodd...
No. There wasn't any stats like that in IGAU.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
You can't just write off every example of really strong zoning in the game.

That's like saying "Well if you took Kabal, Freddy and Kenshi out of MK9, zoning wouldn't have been that strong!"

Well, they were there, and it was.
Ill just say it one more time, its not the game mechanics that caused those issues, it was the specific characters. Changing entire game mechanics in the name of balancing out 1 or 2 bad apples will do nothing but cause a plethora of new issues.