What's new

Injustice 2 at GamesCom 2016

haketh

Noob
Okay i totally see what someone was saying with the stages being to dark, having a hard time picking out details on any stage that isn't Metropolis.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I hope his grappling hooks are his trait now and they are omni directional like Rash's tongue in KI, that would be siiick
I see him with pred disc like projectiles with high tech Jackie cancel pressure and his zoning limited like juri sfv fungshui meaning he has to build it up. Might be his trait.

trufenix

bye felicia
I hope his grappling hooks are his trait now and they are omni directional like Rash's tongue in KI, that would be siiick
they literally could not do worse. His trait could be sitting down and dropping an electric deuce as long as its less than -58 on block it would be superior to his inj1 trait.

Harley's trait looks way better so here's hoping Cyborg, Deathstroke and Joke finally have a reason to press the fourth button on the controller.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I see him with pred disc like projectiles with high tech Jackie cancel pressure and his zoning limited like juri sfv fungshui meaning he has to build it up. Might be his trait.
I dont really see him having discs,missles are cooler and he doesnt really need new moves, just enhance what he has. I really like being able to grapple at anytime in any direction, then you could still make his fireball cancels better for a little pressure here and there, and make techno tackle a mid. Then let him do the upward fireball in meterburn fireball normally and if he holds it let him seitch back and forth between straight and upward like heavy weapons jax. Make him hit and run with high mobility
they literally could not do worse. His trait could be sitting down and dropping an electric deuce as long as its less than -58 on block it would be superior to his inj1 trait.

Harley's trait looks way better so here's hoping Cyborg, Deathstroke and Joke finally have a reason to press the fourth button on the controller.
Yeah its like NRS actually knows what theyre doing now Im super fucking hyped. The returning characters are keeping what worked for them with slight adjustments like Supes F2 being high, trident rush unsafe, and characters that needed a slight redesign with their traits or whatever are getting them. Man I cannot wait for this game, its actually is Injustice 2.0 and NRS is doing it all right so far. I also really like the new meta that will come from the new combo breakers too

Praying for Bane

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I dont really see him having discs,missles are cooler and he doesnt really need new moves, just enhance what he has. I really like being able to grapple at anytime in any direction, then you could still make his fireball cancels better for a little pressure here and there, and make techno tackle a mid. Then let him do the upward fireball in meterburn fireball normally and if he holds it let him seitch back and forth between straight and upward like heavy weapons jax. Make him hit and run with high mobility

Yeah its like NRS actually knows what theyre doing now Im super fucking hyped. The returning characters are keeping what worked for them with slight adjustments like Supes F2 being high, trident rush unsafe, and characters that needed a slight redesign with their traits or whatever are getting them. Man I cannot wait for this game, its actually is Injustice 2.0 and NRS is doing it all right so far. I also really like the new meta that will come from the new combo breakers too

Praying for Bane
I said something similar or set up projectiles like Mu-12 from blazblue

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Wonder Woman's trait seems to be more for combos than anything. The dash range is short and not that fast from what the trailer shows so mobility wise it might not be the best. Just early impressions.

Hini

Batomancer
Her face looks similar, but it looks like it's the lighting/shaders that were changed.

Note how the browns blend together now, and the color tone of the rest of the scene has changed.
I see no changes to the shader, they increased texture detail of the hair, rounded out the cheeks a bit closer to the mouth and narrowed (is that even a word?) the jaw, also re-lit the scene.

Can we all just sit back and enjoy for a moment the reality that there are going to be tournaments where a giant psychic gorilla, unhinged female clowns, and cyborg assassins are going to be chucking cars and plasma and shit at each other in glorious HD.
No way all I want to do is whine about how WW's face looks, and nit pick about every little thing wrong in the alpha stages of the game.

Kidding, it's nice to hear someone with a vision speak. Soooo hype for this game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I see no changes to the shader, they increased texture detail of the hair, rounded out the cheeks a bit closer to the mouth and narrowed (is that even a word?) the jaw, also re-lit the scene.
Skin shader definitely looks tweaked, and the hair shader as well. The colors blend differently and the light reflects differently as well. The hair shader is probably the most obvioous -- the hair looks less flat, with more pronounced detail.

I'm convinced they touched up her jawline and eyes ever so slightly. Hopefully they will continue to polish up all the models.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Do we know what each character's moves are yet? At least their traits?
In case anyone missed it...

Looks like they fixed Wonder Woman's face, as well!

And god daaaaamn does the customization look sick. Wow.
@0:58 is that an EX move for Harley or are there universal EX rolls? And her super either doesn't combo with the initial two hits or you can purposely delay it. And since her dogs have a delay she's probably going to have some sick setups or something.

Hini

Batomancer
Skin shader definitely looks tweaked, and the hair shader as well. The colors blend differently and the light reflects differently as well. The hair shader is probably the most obvioous -- the hair looks less flat, with more pronounced detail.
I really dont see it, I see no difference in color bledning or different highlights in the skin only a slight change in highlights on her right cheek which would be explained because they filled them out a tiny bit, and because she is speaking which also rounds them out.

Only difference I can see in the skin is color variation (warmer hue) which I would attribute to re lighting of the scene or a texture tweak, but I am more inclined to think its the tweaked lighting due to decreased reds in both the skin and the background as well as increased orange.

As for the hair, truthfully I have never really fucked about with hair shaders so I will reserve judgement for that.

I have legit compared these two for over 10 minutes inch by inch and I just dont see the shader difference, which frustrates me seeing as I work with this bloody shit.