What's new

Info liason on Reptile BNB damage nerf

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Ain't none. You guys should have paid closer attention to Reptile's combos.
The 26% damage combo done was not the BNB combo, and no one wanted to check for themselves.
No damage nerf. GG peace out.

So I've been voted the guy who has to tell you Reptile gun jumpers since I broke the silent streak on the Cage F3,2 no longer cancels into specials news.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
To further clarify with this dude.

Paulo was on peaceful jays stream tonight and said 30% of the stuff reported was wrong, and said there was no reptile damage nerf.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Yeah, now I appologise if there was more Reptile in these fights as I didn't watch the whole thing but I skipped to the first fight I could find with a Reptile last night. I saw 26% pop up (assuming this was what people were talking about) and thought "what is everyone talking about, that's not even the full combo, so what?". So this literally is just people believing other people without looking it up themselves lol. Good to know.

I wanted to see a nerf on the dash and the ex ball glitch gone which apparently are going to be changed, but really didn't think ANOTHER damage nerf is needed for him so glad to hear it's probably not happening.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You guys just made my morning. Thank you lol all I have is an iPad so I couldn't check it out myself

Migaluch

Double Dasher
Pretty funny how a failure to observe caused so much reaction, even when people knew it wasn't confirmed. Reptile players can relax now, good for us. We needed that elbow dash nerf anyways, maybe ill start using it smarter in a match and ill actually improve :D

hardwire

Noob
Pretty funny how a failure to observe caused so much reaction, even when people knew it wasn't confirmed. Reptile players can relax now, good for us. We needed that elbow dash nerf anyways, maybe ill start using it smarter in a match and ill actually improve :D

i like you lets be friends lol

the only reptile user i have ever seen admit any thin needed to change on that elbo dash.

you sir are good people.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
i like you lets be friends lol

the only reptile user i have ever seen admit any thin needed to change on that elbo dash.

you sir are good people.
Lol im pretty sure that THTB also admitted to Elbow Dash's need to be more punishable, as well as others.

I hope everyone will finally be pleased after this patch, with Reptile haters knowing that they can combat ED easier and players knowing that ExSlide is improved and damage stays the same, at least as far as we know.

Truth

Noob
Alright wtf is goin on in here :S

First off, EX slide is a GREAT tool...something i've never expected and as well as cherish such a thing. This slide EX will actually help a LOT against plenty of Okizeme Set ups and traps (Shang in corner, Kenshi's armor moves...etc) , help Massively against projectile matches which is AMAZINGLY useful(mil,sektor,Noob...etc). This alone, will actually help in the something like, sektor matchup in a STUPID way! it's an actual match turner for reptile in such a match!

so yes,this is a great news!

secondly, Elbow dash...pfft ya, now we will be easily punished by ANYTHING and everything...though, it doesnt bother me that much at all! high level play, u dont do a blocked elbow dash/ waste or useless elbow dash....u do it, then simply quit reptile and take a shortcut

PS: JHCRANE 14 no , -20 and above is easily punishable by literly everything in the game... so after a blocked elbow dash in the new patch, opponent can really do whatever he wants. though, this doesnt look like -21 at all...though if ur sure bout the -21 then it's punishable by anythign in the game after blocking

the damage nerf....third and most and final point. Yea...it's pretty bad. that wont stop me from playin reptile, instead will actually encourage me.
here are pin points to note

-EX dash does 17% currently. new patch is does 12%
-1,2,2~ex dash does 25% in the new patch, while in the old patch it does 22% O_O ....? did they play with EX dash out scaling maybe?
-at 1:50 reptile did air 3,2~fb, 3,2~fb, 3 = 18% in new patch. this does 23% currently

so in general...reptile got damage nerf on every TC and combo ability in general. Though it looks like EX dash scales more in combos (which is useless in combos actually :S lol)

will any of the damage nerf affect reptile play style? or that hinders him?

will a little bit, but reptile is not about his damaging combos ...it's about his pressure, Okizeme, Mix ups and setups, and Manuevering/escapes/frame traps.

just again...be patient. we will see. calm ur horses! lol

PS: long live rep ^_^ i am so happy i swear lol
Teef has tested some of Reptile's combos from the NRS stream and has confirmed some of Reptile's combos scale more but you're correct in that the 26% was untouched.

sLeeK

Noob
ugh all this anticipation for this patch SUCKS .. Can this damn thing just come out already... I wish they would of kept all the patch info under wraps because deciphering true info from rumors is frustrating :\

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I remember watching the stream, seeing the 26% popup punish went unchanged, and also laughed at the "omg nooooes my reptile" posts. Thank you for actually taking the time to try to quell the insanity.

Also, add me to the list of reptile mains who want dash to be more punishable. Too many reps over-rely on it, and it's honestly not that good (outside of being beast at punishing a blocked lao spin with its current pushback). Reps out there: not using this as much WILL make you a better rep.

EX armor on slide is so absurd. This isn't something we needed lol. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, though. Anyone who actually tries to spam this is also going to be doing it wrong. It's still hella blockable/hella punishable, and projects itself like a rapist with a boner in sweatpants. It can be dirty, but only if you let it because you should see it coming a mile away, and it's your fault if you don't do anything about it.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Dear Pimp:

i first read ur post and i was like...wtf? i just tested those stuff today with my own hands. it's impossible to be in accurate. and then it occured to me that i completely forgot something! Sfb damage is lower than Ffb damage!
so it scales differently upon use on which FB is used for to either scale higher or lower.

thank you for clarifying this for us, and ty for letting me be aware of my testing mistake.

now simply put, Reptile just got buffed :)

though i must say, though are the only noted two things from the two matches of reptile (starting moment 1:50:00)

-Claryfication of damage scaling Change

A)
@ moment 1:55:25
Reptile did f+2,b+1

The damage is stil shows as 7%.
this is a bug, i dont know if it's fixed yet or not :S. in training mode, it shows damage done as 3% and 5% on first and second hit respectively. so it's one of those training bug. dont know if something like that is fixed or not tell now

B)
at a moment, reptile did Elbow dash
the patch damage was 13%
current patch is 17%

so that's the only thing i can see, and test

Saint

Noob
Ain't none. You guys should have paid closer attention to Reptile's combos.
The 26% damage combo done was not the BNB combo, and no one wanted to check for themselves.
No damage nerf. GG peace out.

So I've been voted the guy who has to tell you Reptile gun jumpers since I broke the silent streak on the Cage F3,2 no longer cancels into specials news.
PimpUigi has earned himself many Seven points via his clarification, which is not only extremely knowledgeable in regards to MK9 depth, he's not telling fairy tales either.
These Seven points may or may not serve him well in the future.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Seven Seven points FTW!!!!
I'm totally cashing these in ASAP/right now.

Please thank all my posts in the Kabal forums.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Is that not some over reaction I sense?
I don't notice much of anything being retarded.

I'd like some examples please.
Cage's F3, 2 string being special combo'able breaks the games rules - complete strings are not supposed to be cancellable.

In fact, when I was doing F3, 2, nut punch, I decided one day that I was going to figure out what move came after the 2 to finish the string.
After a few guesses, I said screw it, checked the move list, and was surprised to find that F3, 2 is the entire string. I didn't understand why it was special cancelled then, and I understand why they're changing it now. It's a bug fix more than a balance change.

So with all due respect, what are the retarded changes now?

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Is that not some over reaction I sense?
I don't notice much of anything being retarded.

I'd like some examples please.
Cage's F3, 2 string being special combo'able breaks the games rules - complete strings are not supposed to be cancellable.

In fact, when I was doing F3, 2, nut punch, I decided one day that I was going to figure out what move came after the 2 to finish the string.
After a few guesses, I said screw it, checked the move list, and was surprised to find that F3, 2 is the entire string. I didn't understand why it was special cancelled then, and I understand why they're changing it now. It's a bug fix more than a balance change.

So with all due respect, what are the retarded changes now?
The Nut Punch damage nerf is more concerning than that, that doesn't really change anything to be honest. Reptile, one of the hands down best characters in the game, is getting a buff to compensate for two nerfs that most people are barely even going to notice. Johny Cage, one of the few completely balanced characters in the game, is getting a nerf. Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Raiman

Noob
Teef has tested some of Reptile's combos from the NRS stream and has confirmed some of Reptile's combos scale more but you're correct in that the 26% was untouched.
i believe this, if its been tested how can there be denial?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Damage nerf has been completely shot down.
Teef apologized because he made the mistake of slow force ball in a combo vs. fast force ball in a combo, the order you do them, etc. etc.

There's no damage nerfs at all, for anything.

Raiman

Noob
Teef apologized because he made the mistake of slow force ball in a combo vs. fast force ball in a combo, the order you do them, etc. etc.

well than welcome to god status reptile, you were always just an armored move away. i actually saw the armor fitting with the damage nerf, but now, now i'm just baffled

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat

Does that include JCs nut punch or no?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Does that include JCs nut punch or no?
Honestly, who does a regular standing nut punch anyway?
The rumor I heard is vanilla standing nut punch damage reduction.
Hopefully F3,3xxNut punch will still be a 20% combo...
And hopefully JC's best jump in punch combo ending in nut punch is still 37% damage.

We'll only be able to check that once the patch comes out.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Honestly, who does a regular standing nut punch anyway?
The rumor I heard is vanilla standing nut punch damage reduction.
Hopefully F3,3xxNut punch will still be a 20% combo...
And hopefully JC's best jump in punch combo ending in nut punch is still 37% damage.

We'll only be able to check that once the patch comes out.
Really? If thats true than its probably the weirdest nerf I've heard yet. They really need to put this thing out soon so we can get some solid answers.