What's new

Infinity War Discussion.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
They have loosely been following the comics with Infinity War. Seems to be a mix of Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos Quest, and Infinity War Comic all in one. Gamora was trapped in the Sould Gem with Adam Warlock in the comics and returned. She will be back. Loki and Heimdall dead. Snap deaths will be reversed. Nebula wields the gauntlet from Thanos and reverses everything in Infinity Gauntlet but I feel they will go some other route for that in A4.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Finally saw it!

Haven’t read this thread for obvious reasons, but speaking of obvious, why did they never attempt to cut his arm/hand off? Like, instead of trying to kill him while he had the OP stones, cut the arm off, then fight him. Especially at the end when Thor put the axe through his chest. Yes he shoulda went for the head like Thanos said, but the arm woulda worked too.

Anyway, great movie, look forward to reading the thread.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Is it spoilers for upcoming movies to talk about actor contracts, or detail slips in interviews?
Kinda related to this, I fucking KNEW this video was a legitimate spoiler from Mark Ruffalo. If they were acting, they are GOD TIER actors. The reaction just felt too genuine. This was LAST YEAR...

Go to 2:17. He actually almost even said “half of everyone dies” LOL. I fuuuccckkkkiinnnggg knew this wasn’t an actor being a great actor, and was an actual slip and spoiler.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Finally saw it!

Haven’t read this thread for obvious reasons, but speaking of obvious, why did they never attempt to cut his arm/hand off? Like, instead of trying to kill him while he had the OP stones, cut the arm off, then fight him. Especially at the end when Thor put the axe through his chest. Yes he shoulda went for the head like Thanos said, but the arm woulda worked too.

Anyway, great movie, look forward to reading the thread.
Aside from plot device, I feel like there would be some sort of reason for that not being done. Like surely if Strange can put a spell over his amulet then Thanos with X amount of infinity stones can somehow protect his arm. But it wasn't explained so I'll accept your point of view.

I liked that whole end scene with Thor but it seems kinda weird how Thor just rocked up and basically nearly won the fight against Thanos with a full infinity gauntlet in 1 hit. Seemed more luck than anything, or Thanos knew it would not kill him and he just did it for morale crushing (Didn't seem like it tho)

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Thanos is literally a clown in this movie when it comes to power. I mean if not for ridiculous plot armour in every fight scene, he would be wasted pretty much in every fight if not for gauntlet. Nothing sort of a powerhouse that he is in the comics. Big mouth, no muscle.

Few earth heroes able to beat thanos and almost remove the glove? Tf? Or Thor jumping out of nowhere and basically bodying Thanos like he was nothing to him.

Cursa

Thanos is literally a clown in this movie when it comes to power. I mean if not for ridiculous plot armour in every fight scene, he would be wasted pretty much in every fight if not for gauntlet. Nothing sort of a powerhouse that he is in the comics. Big mouth, no muscle.

Few earth heroes able to beat thanos and almost remove the glove? Tf? Or Thor jumping out of nowhere and basically bodying Thanos like he was nothing to him.
I think it's more inconsistency than anything. Like at the start of the movie how he just beats the shit of the hulk of all people like it's basically nothing, without using the stones no less (At least not directly).

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mah man Thor went through all that work to build a hammer, only to screw it up at the end :(

My question is: how are they going to fix this?
Thor did the most work out of everyone though. He took on a whole ass star just to forge the weapon. Yeah he should’ve went for the arm or cut his head off, but damn he already did so much compared to everyone.

Also, I don’t understand how Thanos took on the Hulk and bodied him without using the stones like it was nothing. But just about everyone else he fought, he had to resort to using the stones? Like he mopped up Hulk so bad, dude was afraid to get angry the rest of the movie. And all Thanos did was beat his ass with his regular brute strength. So you’re telling me someone strong enough to 2-0 Hulk in a 5-5 MU without using the hax stones can’t beat up any other Marvel characters without resorting to using the stones? Like what?? I mean he did mop the ones at the end like it was nothing, Cap America, Black Panther, etc without using the stones, so I guess it’s okay. I’m just salty they made the Hulk a bitch in this movie. Straight up pacified the angriest character in the entire MCU. Crazy.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Thor did the most work out of everyone though. He took on a whole ass star just to forge the weapon. Yeah he should’ve went for the arm or cut his head off, but damn he already did so much compared to everyone.

Also, I don’t understand how Thanos took on the Hulk and bodied him without using the stones like it was nothing. But just about everyone else he fought, he had to resort to using the stones? Like he mopped up Hulk so bad, dude was afraid to get angry the rest of the movie. And all Thanos did was beat his ass with his regular brute strength. So you’re telling me someone strong enough to 2-0 Hulk in a 5-5 MU without using the hax stones can’t beat up any other Marvel characters without resorting to using the stones? Like what?? I mean he did mop the ones at the end like it was nothing, Cap America, Black Panther, etc without using the stones, so I guess it’s okay. I’m just salty they made the Hulk a bitch in this movie. Straight up pacified the angriest character in the entire MCU. Crazy.
Because, and this is especially true in the MCU, hulk is a very one dimensional little btch. All he has is muscle. And that is it. When he faces someone like Thanos or THOR who are close enough in strength they MOP the floor with him because of their superior fighting skills... and other abilities/weapons if they need them.

Realistically hulk would lose to a large part of the cast... but comics he is so popular and somehow they have him beat people he has no business defeating.

THOR, Thanos, and Dr Strange are on completely different levels than people like hulk.

Cursa

Because, and this is especially true in the MCU, hulk is a very one dimensional little btch. All he has is muscle. And that is it. When he faces someone like Thanos or THOR who are close enough in strength they MOP the floor with him because of their superior fighting skills... and other abilities/weapons if they need them.

Realistically hulk would lose to a large part of the cast... but comics he is so popular and somehow they have him beat people he has no business defeating.

THOR, Thanos, and Dr Strange are on completely different levels than people like hulk.
In the comics he has some insane strength which is actually legit and often not plot armour BS.

Not saying there hasn't been some plot armour involved in some of his fights but he's no slouch when it comes to power in the comics, MCU he's toned down quite a bit from some of his comic counter parts though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Thanos did use the stones to body Hulk (and by extension, the Asguardian civilization). He was already ‘under the influence’ at that time. You can see them glowing in the movie.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
In the comics, Hulks strength is unlimited based on his anger. He in theory has unlimited strength. Thanos would need at least the power stone to at most work HUlk to exhaustion. Ther is Wolrd Breaker HUlk who could essentially destroy worlds. He can jump through space from planets essentially. He is grossly OP in the comics.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Thanos did use the stones to body Hulk (and by extension, the Asguardian civilization). He was already ‘under the influence’ at that time. You can see them glowing in the movie.
What stone(s) did he use against Hulk?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yes, Thor definitely did the most work and was the most powerful in the movie, but Black Panther and Captain America are my favorite Avengers because they AREN’T the most powerful. Sure they are still superhumans and have vibranium tech but they were out there fighting hand to hand and kicking ass with they themselves on the brink of being overwhelmed a lot of the time which I find more compelling than Thor

Cursa

Yes, Thor definitely did the most work and was the most powerful in the movie, but Black Panther and Captain America are my favorite Avengers because they AREN’T the most powerful. Sure they are still superhumans and have vibranium tech but they were out there fighting hand to hand and kicking ass with they themselves on the brink of being overwhelmed a lot of the time which I find more compelling than Thor
Mine has fluctuated way too often. From basically Iron Man to the first Avengers, Iron man was probably my top, and I actually enjoyed all his character development across all the movies right up until this one really. Wasn't really a huge fan of him in this movie.

Cap was probably my least favourite until Winter Soldier hit because it put him more in line with the time (Sounds dumb but that's how I see it). Wasn't a huge fan of his side in CW but it led to some nice character development in IW where he was pretty boss.

Hulk/Banner got so much better after Ragnarok imo. He was sorta just there in all the other movies for me - not overly disappointing but not my favourite. Could just be me or maybe I missed something in Ragnarok that mentioned it but it seems the conflict between control of his body between Hulk and Banner is increasing based on his 2 years spent as the Hulk and before the first Avengers' how the Hulk hadn't been out for years. Sorta built upon it in Ultron as well.

Thor has had incredible character development throughout all the movies but Ragnarok/IW was so good for him in terms of how much his character has grown, in both actual power and character. He feels more Hulk than the Hulk for me in IW/Post Ragnarok - You just don't fuck with Thor anymore. He is just a machine and will hunt you down and fuck you up if you do something against him or his friends.

All the others just eh to me. Not a fan of Black Panther or Spiderman, Black Widow/Hawkeye just eh, Vision/Wanda just ehhhh.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Mine has fluctuated way too often. From basically Iron Man to the first Avengers, Iron man was probably my top, and I actually enjoyed all his character development across all the movies right up until this one really. Wasn't really a huge fan of him in this movie.

Cap was probably my least favourite until Winter Soldier hit because it put him more in line with the time (Sounds dumb but that's how I see it). Wasn't a huge fan of his side in CW but it led to some nice character development in IW where he was pretty boss.

Hulk/Banner got so much better after Ragnarok imo. He was sorta just there in all the other movies for me - not overly disappointing but not my favourite. Could just be me or maybe I missed something in Ragnarok that mentioned it but it seems the conflict between control of his body between Hulk and Banner is increasing based on his 2 years spent as the Hulk and before the first Avengers' how the Hulk hadn't been out for years. Sorta built upon it in Ultron as well.

Thor has had incredible character development throughout all the movies but Ragnarok/IW was so good for him in terms of how much his character has grown, in both actual power and character. He feels more Hulk than the Hulk for me in IW/Post Ragnarok - You just don't fuck with Thor anymore. He is just a machine and will hunt you down and fuck you up if you do something against him or his friends.

All the others just eh to me. Not a fan of Black Panther or Spiderman, Black Widow/Hawkeye just eh, Vision/Wanda just ehhhh.
Cap I feel has been the best executed out of all of them. He’s consistently got better and more enjoyable, Iron Man has shrunk on me after the first Avengers movie tbh. I love Thor but he only really became great after Ragnarok. The first Thor was okay at best, he was awesome in Avengers, Thor 2 was super boring, and he was in Age of Ultron for like 15 minutes.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
He was already rocking the power stone at that point. So he’d have been multiple times his original strength, and would have greatly enhanced abilities.
Oh I didn’t even catch that, guess I need to watch it again.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
He was already rocking the power stone at that point. So he’d have been multiple times his original strength, and would have greatly enhanced abilities.
Thats not really supported by the films, and is just a guess.

Loki was wielding an infinty stone the entire Avengers movie and in no way was charged up or had greatly enhanced abilities. He still got pimp slapped by THOR 1v1 while wielding an infinity stone.

Thanos manhandled hulk because he's nearly as strong, much quicker, and an infinitely better fighter. And he did it quickly so hulk couldnt grow more powerful.
[also vision doesnt seem to be enhanced from his mind stone, as those are his normal abilities other than yellow energy attack from the stone]

In the comics he has some insane strength which is actually legit and often not plot armour BS.

Not saying there hasn't been some plot armour involved in some of his fights but he's no slouch when it comes to power in the comics, MCU he's toned down quite a bit from some of his comic counter parts though.
They certainly have toned down a few of the characters, which is mostly good. Scarlet Witch is ridiculous, shes on the "snap her fingers and destroy half the world" level ALREADY with her natural self (takes out all mutants with her mind). THOR would realistically win every battle by himself. Loki could teleport them all to any place in the universe. Dr STrange could put everyone in the mirror dimension.

He has always had ridiculous power in the movies.

He did the same attack he did in Wakanda the VERY first fight he had on screen... where his friends were in danger and he was like oh snap and called down lightning and killed hundreds of frost giants with one attack. He stopped a punch from the hulk with one hand. He took out 2 giant flying snakes and a dozen chitari chariots with one attack. He took on an infinity stone by himself, took blasts to the face from it, and kept on chuggin.

all that was before THOR 3 or Avengers 3. He's always been this powerful, only now hes as popular as he is powerful.

Last edited:

DTruth

Noob
Finally saw the movie and still trying figure out how all these regular ass heros are some how stronger then Vision and Wanda.

Good movie, funny but Im ranking Thor Ragnarok and BP over this. I need my boy BP back though.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I was actually rooting for Thanos. His end purpose actually makes sense. There is too much people in the world and the resources are finite, if people continue reproducing themselves eventually there wont be enough resources for everybody and wars would break out for these resources which might lead to our extinction or bring us back to the stone age. It takes hard rules to prevent this, like forcing people to not have too many babies. But if you put these rules on people they riot so you have to actually impose it on them and this would require someone with strong character, tyrant like, someone like Thanos. I loved the character and his motive. He even did it random so that it was sort of fair.
This x 100.
#TeamThanos

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Thats not really supported by the films, and is just a guess.

Loki was wielding an infinty stone the entire Avengers movie and in no way was charged up or had greatly enhanced abilities. He still got pimp slapped by THOR 1v1 while wielding an infinity stone.
I think you’re missing that not all the stones are the same. Loki was weilding a stone (the Mind Stone) in his staff for mind control that he DID very much use to great effect. It wasn’t going to boost his fighting abilities, but it did exactly what it was supposed to do.

The movie does support Thanos wielding the power stone, as it’s glowing in his gauntlet during that scene. Also, remember that he didn’t just show up and manhandle Hulk — they had already utterly defeated Thor, Loki, Heimdall and whoever else they had to wreck in order to subdue all of Asguard. The Power Stone was definitely part of that and the Space Stone was also shown stopping Loki’s surprise attack, etc.

Last edited: