What's new

Infinity War Discussion.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Was watching the first Avengers again, and it's crazy how much better the special effects look now. It's only been 6 years, but it's literally a world of difference.

Also other major changes to small things.. Like Captain America's fighting style has come a looooong way starting with Winter Soldier. In the first Avengers he's just kind of randomly swinging at things.

Anyway, kudos to them for making that kind of improvement.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Was watching the first Avengers again, and it's crazy how much better the special effects look now. It's only been 6 years, but it's literally a world of difference.

Also other major changes to small things.. Like Captain America's fighting style has come a looooong way starting with Winter Soldier. In the first Avengers he's just kind of randomly swinging at things.

Anyway, kudos to them for making that kind of improvement.
That’s so true about Captain America! I didn’t love him in Avengers and Iron Man was my favorite but in all the movies after that, Cap has grown on me a ton and Iron Man has shrunk on me a ton

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
That’s so true about Captain America! I didn’t love him in Avengers and Iron Man was my favorite but in all the movies after that, Cap has grown on me a ton and Iron Man has shrunk on me a ton
One interesting thing is that according to this article (which is an interesting read), a lot of the evolution was due to Chris Evans himself:

http://blog.awma.com/mixed-marvel-arts-charting-the-evolution-of-captain-americas-combat-skills/

Which gives me a ton more respect for him as an actor. You can really see the evolution in the clips from film to film.. It's crazy.

Wigy

There it is...
@Skedar70
You'd think he could use the infinity stones to create resources?
The canon thanos wanting to kill the universe makes sense as he wants to give death that D
Like given the power of the infinity gauntlet this logic doesnt stand to much reason.

I found the lack of continuity in powers of characters a little distracting, like black widow holding her own versus enemies that were giving the other heroes a run for their money. Kind of constantly fluctuating powers of heroes, which is okay for thor as we see the progression of him as a character in ragnorok and this film but for others is daft.

Also did vision do anything in his films but fly about and get battered. What even are his powers, floating and taking a beating/stabbing?

Was there any sneaky cool lore stuff people might have missed?

I thought thanos's character development was really good and a lot of characters got some good emotional depth to them like gamora.

Was funny as always.

Dr strange giving up the stone and not even using it made no sense. He used it against all instruction previously and he knows how OP this dude is.

It was interesting having everyone die, but its kind of like civil war where you know theres no permanent danger.
like are they really guna kill off black panther with his popularity with the black community and sjw culture.

Skedar70

Noob
@Skedar70
You'd think he could use the infinity stones to create resources?
The canon thanos wanting to kill the universe makes sense as he wants to give death that D
Like given the power of the infinity gauntlet this logic doesnt stand to much reason.

I found the lack of continuity in powers of characters a little distracting, like black widow holding her own versus enemies that were giving the other heroes a run for their money. Kind of constantly fluctuating powers of heroes, which is okay for thor as we see the progression of him as a character in ragnorok and this film but for others is daft.

Also did vision do anything in his films but fly about and get battered. What even are his powers, floating and taking a beating/stabbing?

Was there any sneaky cool lore stuff people might have missed?

I thought thanos's character development was really good and a lot of characters got some good emotional depth to them like gamora.

Was funny as always.

Dr strange giving up the stone and not even using it made no sense. He used it against all instruction previously and he knows how OP this dude is.

It was interesting having everyone die, but its kind of like civil war where you know theres no permanent danger.
like are they really guna kill off black panther with his popularity with the black community and sjw culture.
I don't know. Maybe you can't create resources with the infinity stones and it only allows to kill people. That is truth Thanos is in love with death in the comics.

Something about the first injury vision gets didn't allow him to phase through. He said it to Scarlet Witch. Vision can walk through walls. He got mopped though.

Dr Strange didn't use the time stone because he knows that giving it up was the only way they would in the end win. He told Stark "it was the only way"

The heroes are coming back. Black Panther, Guardians of the galaxy have sequels announced. There are no marvels movies coming except for Ant man, Deadpool, and Captain Marvel before the sequel to infinity war which is may next year.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I also am bothered by the inconsistencies of characters abilities in the MCU. I don’t read Marvel comics so I don’t care how powerful they actually are, I just care about their MCU versions so don’t come at me with that.

In Age of Ultron there is a sequence where Ultron is beating the shit out of Thor for like like 10 minutes straight, in Avengers Thor has a pretty evenly matched fight with Iron Man in one of his earlier and less powerful suits. But in Ragnarok and Infinity war he is like Jesus with an axe.

In Avengers movies and the first two Iron Man movies, the Iron Man suits take really hard beatings, but in Iron Man 3 they are literally falling apart and in Civil War, War Machine’s and Iron Man’s arc reactors are destroyed so easily, it makes you wonder how the arc reactors didn’t get destroyed in the massive battles from any of the Avengers movies if Captain America spiking his shield into it, or Vision grazing it destroys it no problem.

Captain America first seemed like just above the level of an Olympic athelete, just literally a “super soldier”, but anything post Avengers 1, he is sooooo fast, strong, and powerful. Which I like, Captain America shouldn’t be treated like a bitch.

Black Widow absolutely can’t fight Winter Soldier at all, has lost to him hard multiple times, but she can beat up the children of Thanos who raped Scarlet Witch and Vision.

Vision was so OP in Age of Ultron and Civil War but was the most useless piece of shit ever in this movie, I get he was injured but fuck.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The only way I can see Hulk redeeming himself is if Black Widow dies, which is very likely since she’s dead in the comics.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The only way I can see Hulk redeeming himself is if Black Widow dies, which is very likely since she’s dead in the comics.
Hulk always goes through ups and downs. Like in Ragnarok he was stuck in Salty Hulk mode and couldn't get out. Just an unstable hero -- it's his MO :)

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I gotta admit I really have not liked some of the more recent Marvel movies, but Infinity War was pretty badass. 2nd best MCU movie in my opinion, Thanos is easily the best villain in it so far (not that it was a particularly difficult feat, but still).

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
every single asgardian was murdered making the last movie a complete waste of time, including thors brother, and then he still got the shit kicked out of him by thanos at the start
I believe all the Asgardians are dead now right? Maybe Valkyrie and Hela are somewhere out there, and maybe Loki pulled another fast one, but everyone else is dead.
It was mentioned in the movie that half of the Asgardians survived.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
That was the strongest I've ever seen Thor. How he jump started that Star in space to how he took the hit from the Star to Forge his new weapon.

When he came to Wakanda everyone in the theater screamed and clapped lol.
THOR has always been that strong in the MCU though, from his first fight you could see it, where he did another similar lightning/smash attack and killed hundreds of Frost Giants.

And when he did one attack and took out 2 giant Chitari snakes and a dozen small chitari chariots.

But I never thought in my life I'd hear that many people cheer for THOR as I did when he arrived. 8 years ago people were like "who's THOR?" And now this.

I didn't give a shit about the movie, went to see it because my Friends wanted to. I only wanted 2 things of this movie: a beat down to Ironman, and a beatdown to Thor. Failed to do both. Thor even has his last moment of "my penis is bigger" in a non-sense final clash with Thanos. Fuck off with your bullshit. Thanos should have suplexed the shit out of Thor and walk out like a boss.
The problem is just as Loki said to Thanos: "You will never be a god."

And he won't. Whereas THOR is full god and pimp-slapped Thanos like the god he isn't.

trufenix

bye felicia
It’s astounding how many of these questions and “plot holes” can be answered by simply paying attention to the films.
The amount of genocide Thanos wages is unfortunately inconsistent across the plot. If you missed the one line about asgardian's surviving, you would assume he just decimated them like he did Nowhere and the Forge.

Wingman

Noob
I’m curious to know how they survive, though? Thor only lived because he’s near-invincible. The ship was completely destroyed.
I’m guessing somehow Valkyrie lead a group of them to safety before the other half were slaughtered. Hopefully Korg survived, too.

trufenix

bye felicia
I’m curious to know how they survive, though? Thor only lived because he’s near-invincible. The ship was completely destroyed.
It's literally unaddressed in the film. I suspect the reason there's an unexplained gap after Ragnarok's end is so that Thor 4's writers can pick an explanation for how they survived when the time comes.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
if there's a line about half the asgardians surviving, I missed it, then again the theatre was full of fuckin degenerates also I had to piss at one point

It’s astounding how many of these questions and “plot holes” can be answered by simply paying attention to the films.

Nice, do you feel smarter than everybody else now that you were able to get that off your chest?