What's new

Incoming MK1 Balance Patch (Tomorrow, June 27)

Vulgar

Noob
I am trying to think of characters do not adhere to the strike/throw/low poke meta...

As I have already said, characters like Geras and Kenshi have unique gameplay styles.

But too many characters in this game either follow a similar gameplan or they are very weak.

I would love to engage more, but I have to pack and prepare for my flight to Daytona.

If any of you so-called critics still have two testicles left, Tom and I would love to debate you on the podcast.

Wish me luck (in Tekken)!
Yes. Please. Play Tekken. Go shitpost on their forums, I'm sure they'd love to have you.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
M2Dave is not worth commenting on.. I mean man... I do not even understand half the things he says as they are so wildly inaccurate.. it is a total "Old man yells at clouds" type thing. He is slowly morphing into Tom Brady hehe. I mean, saying there is no design diversity in MK1 is just a bizzar thing to say.

On a positive note. I like the removing of a stagger to Peacemaker and the Reptile adjustments. Also making that Nitara move cancellable is super interesting. I play her a lot of think she is super fun and I'll be labbing this new cancel. I have yet to look at it.

Should be noted, this is NOT a patch, but a hotfix.

CanoCano

Noob
I am trying to think of characters do not adhere to the strike/throw/low poke meta...

As I have already said, characters like Geras and Kenshi have unique gameplay styles.

But too many characters in this game either follow a similar gameplan or they are very weak.

I would love to engage more, but I have to pack and prepare for my flight to Daytona.

If any of you so-called critics still have two testicles left, Tom and I would love to debate you on the podcast.

Edit:

Hmm, torpedo to knives?

LOL
Best of luck in Tekken but how is discussing this in a forum any different from discussing this in your podcast? Do you need an audience that agrees with you to feel like you're winning an argument?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@CrimsonShadow cool with me adding and making this the full patch notes thread?

Spent some time with her today and thoroughly enjoyed Sonya changes. Li Mei is next on my list to put some time into. Rain Sonya felt great and I faced a lot of people using Sonya doing safe mixes. Sub/Sonya felt really strong again. Not the biggest damage but +1 50/50 is great

CanoCano

Noob
Also making that Nitara move cancellable is super interesting. I play her a lot of think she is super fun and I'll be labbing this new cancel. I have yet to look at it.
From what i've seen it's a lower risk but lower reward option to S1212, routes with it are largely the same except they do about 3-5% less damage but it's way safer and miles easier to hit confirm

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
[me, trying my best to just have a place where i can talk about this game i like without constantly having to dance around other people's negativity]:
This site has a "ignore" button.. use it and use it liberally. After a few weeks of removing the haters, the site turns back into a "fan site" where you can have fun with the thing you like. There is a big difference between discussion and the ulta negativity some people bring.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Yes. Please. Play Tekken. Go shitpost on their forums, I'm sure they'd love to have you.
I have been banned at the Tekken Zaibatsu Discord... :(

Best of luck in Tekken but how is discussing this in a forum any different from discussing this in your podcast? Do you need an audience that agrees with you to feel like you're winning an argument?
I have been typing and debating you fools for 25+ years now.

The cordial offer has been made.

You can even bring a friend.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think labeling the meta of MK1 (and MK11) as "strike, throw, low poke" is just too reductive.

It'd be like describing the meta of Virtua Fighter as "just Block, Strike, Throw."

Anyways, I look forward to seeing how the next few bigger MK events go, hopefully NRS keeps collecting data and makes more changes in the future.

CanoCano

Noob
I think labeling the meta of MK1 (and MK11) as "strike, throw, low poke" is just too reductive.
It's not just too reductive, it's so reductive you can apply it to literally every single 2D MK so far
UMK3? Strike (Run Jab), Throw, Low Poke (to escape out of Run Jab)
MK4? Strike (Far S3), Throw (Bone Breaker), Low Poke
MK9? Strike (Dash D3/D4), Throw, Low Poke (D4 in neutral)
And more

M2Dave is not worth commenting on.. I mean man... I do not even understand half the things he says as they are so wildly inaccurate.. it is a total "Old man yells at clouds" type thing. He is slowly morphing into Tom Brady hehe. I mean, saying there is no design diversity in MK1 is just a bizzar thing to say.

On a positive note. I like the removing of a stagger to Peacemaker and the Reptile adjustments. Also making that Nitara move cancellable is super interesting. I play her a lot of think she is super fun and I'll be labbing this new cancel. I have yet to look at it.

Should be noted, this is NOT a patch, but a hotfix.
Is this a gimmick you got going on here? If so, your ability to stay in character is fucking amazing lol

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
So, they finally decided to nerf Braindead Cage. Specifically his stupid ass shadow kick. About time.

Sub didn't get anything significant but thats just old news.

Vulgar

Noob

Edit:

Hmm, torpedo to knives?

LOL
Sure, that happened. Now let's talk about Sonic Fox's epic poke bait into whiff punish with Cage.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Potentially Invisible Reptile having safe overhead

Li Mei getting the setup she always deserved

NRS admitting they f'd up with Peacemaker Forcefield

Yes, finally. Unlike those inadequate "nerfs" he got previously, these actually seem significant enough to not see top 8's filled with 8 Johnny's.
Changing his plus frames on 1,1 was an “inadequate” nerf?

We’ll let me tell ya something, brother, ITS NOT.

You are still going to get hit by yolo shadow kick.

You are still going to get locked down into pressure until you breakdown into tears.

Johnnys never giving you your turn back and he’s never putting you over, brother.

There’s always the next round of nerfs though eh?