What's new

In an unsafe world, where is the safety?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Got in a debate in a twitch chat the other night regarding who the safest character in the game is, taking into account all normals, specials, strings, etc. My question was who in this game is safer than Cassie? Someone replied "lots of other characters are safer than Cassie", which made zero sense to me. Then someone mentioned Kobu, which was the only one that I thought could arguably be higher on the list than Cassie, and even that is debatable.

Please advise where a lost soul can find safety, in this incredibly unsafe and frightening world.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
I'd give tanya the slight edge but they're both pretty safe but i personally have a harder time finding an opening against tanya than i do against cassie, but that's just me

Israfel

Designer for BxA
I'm just a lowly scrub in the big FGC world, but I think a few of the safest peeps in game are Cassie, Kobu Tanya, Jax

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Shotgun Jacqui, mostly + on all her strings with 8 frame mid to frame trap. Anything that doesnt have a gap (everthing except 1,1,4) can be dialled into Shotgun to be -1 on block or spend a bar on hit for 30-50% safe 50/50.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Kobu has gaps everywhere but also an armored reversal that isn't punishable so obviously it's- oh wait half the cast has that too.

It's not tanya, stop playing online. It's probably Shenox

st9rm

viennality.com
lao's hat spin on block = - 3
on hit, it's a full combo

oh, and liu kang seems to be super safe aswell

hate them shaolins!

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I think that's his only unsafe move, lol. I can't think of ANYTHING else that he has (that people have used, obviously) that he's unsafe on.
Fair point, and it's only punishable if you are able to block it, which i often fail to do after his wild 50 50s!

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Ferra/torr is easily the safest. Shinnok technically isn't that safe but hell sparks and b3 go unpunished way, way more than they should.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Yyyyyyeah I'm staying out of this argument this time lol
oh, you were in the chat! you were being reasonable tho. You were not disputing that she is very safe in general, you were just disagreeing with someone else in the chat who was talking about the number of plus strings she has. I'm focusing on overall safety, not necessarily just the raw number of plus strings a character has.