What's new

Match-up Discussion IMO Jade's Honest Matchup Numbers

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Dude stop. We're not talking about backyard tournaments here. There is only one Sub Zero sir and that is Tom Brady. The rest don't even come close including myself.
Have you even watched a tournament since Power-Up 2011? Next you'll be telling us that Floe is the only Ermac or that REO is just a divekick spammer. LOL

Goldi

Noob
Dude stop. We're not talking about backyard tournaments here. There is only one Sub Zero sir and that is Tom Brady. The rest don't even come close including myself.

Ok, go love on Tom Brady in the Sub Zero forum. Or better yet, his Facebook or something. We are not discussing him here.

The next unnecessarily snarky post I see gets a warning. That goes for everyone.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'll play you Chance, FT50 Sub-Zero vs Jade.

Also, has anyone here thought about that most of the time you're not losing to the character, but the player?
I would also do this as well with the stipulation that it is recorded. But, even if one of us won and the average was 6-4, people will discredit it and say that we were not high level representations of the character.

SLy

Noob
Jade players just simply need to become better players. This is what I have to say for anyone thinking their character can take on a SKILLED Jade...
^YES THIS!!

People tend to forget that Jade is an Intuitive character above anything else. Her tools heavily rely on when and how the player chooses to use it. And honestly Intuition just isnt concrete and solid enough evidence for a MU Chart or a Tier List. I think this is a main reason why I see alot of these arguments falling into a theory fighter category.

Because of the way she is played( spacing, positioning ect.) If you basing her on just her assets alot of her MU are going to come across as debatable and unofficial IMO

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Alright, time to bulldoze this hippy-dippy lovefest and turn all of your acid trips horribly, horribly sour.

Baraka: 4-6
The majority of Jade's bad matchups stem her inability to keep characters out. Baraka gets in pretty easily due to blade charges, and up close, Baraka wins easily with his mixups and frame trap game. Jade can try to play keep away, but all that really does is move her closer and closer to the corner, which is the *last* place she wants to be in this matchup. Jade's saving grace is that she can out-footsie him a little bit, but a good baraka will blade charge to keep jade from doing this.

Cyber Sub-Zero: 4-6

Cyrax: 3-7
People in this thread still think Cyrax has 50%+ combos. In case you haven't kept up, Cyrax now has 100%+ combos. What does this mean? EX moves, her major equalizer in a lot of matchups, are absolute mistakes here. All meter *must* be saved for breaker. Another limitation is that bombs are not flashable, so you still have to jump around and figure out whether it's worth it to flash nets or just block like every other character in the game. Essentially, what makes Jade good in this match does not exist. All of that, and I didn't even mention his ridiculous up-close game that Jade can hardly deal with.

Ermac: 4-6

Freddy: 3-7
Ground claw checks her to prevent flashing, and if you see Jade approaching, he can usually land a regular sweet dreams even if he gets hit mid-execution.

Jax: 3-7
f4. corner game.

Johnny Cage: 4-6

Kabal: 2-8
block infinite. his EX glow is a lot better than hers :p

Kano: 5-5
Jade has to respect upball a lot more than others do due to the small damage she gets off of it. The mixup of zoning vs. cannonball makes it hard to flash without blocking.

Kenshi: 1-9
Jade gets no meter, no safe way to get in, etc. Kenshi, on the other hand, gets all of the meter in the world to send her back full screen.

Kitana: 4-6
Might be 3-7, but Kitana can have some trouble getting in without any very fast advancing moves.

Kung Lao: 3-7
Jade's hitbox makes it so all of Kung Lao's strings hit her in crouch block. Let's not forget the priority of divekick and his ridiculous damage off of 1 bar.

Liu Kang: 5-5

Mileena: 4-6

Nightwolf: 5-5

Noob Saibot: 5-5
Noob's corner game, EX shadows breaking flash, the punishability of her staff specials.

Quan Chi: 5-5

Raiden: 3-7

Reptile: 4-6

Rain: 4-6
He outfootsies her like crazy and punishes hard.

Scorpion: 4-6

Sektor: 4-6

Shang Tsung: 4-6
Soul steal, unbreakable damage, etc.

Sheeva: 6-4

Sindel: 5-5

Skarlet: 3-7

Smoke: 3-7
Better footsies, better damage, smoke bomb ignoring flash, etc.

Sonya: 4-6

Stryker: 5-5

Sub-Zero: 5-5
I don't think it's as bad for Jade as Sub players say it is, but she can struggle just like everyone else against clones and turtling nonsense.

SLy

Noob
I do however feel smoke wins clearly and not slightly in this MU. He controls space better than her. Its like shes on leash and has no choie to but follow the pace the way smoke wants it.

I think the raw score of this is 7-3