What's new

I'm tired of fighting a HORDE of Scorpions and losing only because I play D'vorah!

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
3 months later and ppl still dont know how to punish blocked teleport?
Players who want to learn would take Scorp to training mode to find answers. TYM users use that time to complain and try to get characters nerfed. To everyone who has trouble fighting Scorpion: Main him for at least one week and you will find a bunch of holes in his gameplan. Yes, Scorpion is good but so are 5 to 10 others characters and variations...

I know these are different times but most of you would drown in an arcade, rofl. Back in the 90's and early 2000's you had to spend money to play the game and try to learn it at the same time. There was no training mode, only cheap opponents and even cheaper AI. Few members, like @Eddy Wang and a few others, post training mode footage in these nerf threads. The others just keep wasting their time crying on the forums.

To all that is crying about Scorpion and his teleport, watch the match between Shark Teeth(scorpion) and Asodimazze(Cetrion) and how he deal with the teleport and how he punish him almost every time he decide to teleport.
It`s in the Viennality 2019 tournament top 8.
And start practicing how to punish that teleport, instead of making 29392329 threads about it.

Reactions: SLy

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
As per title.

Every time I fight online it's only Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion. Sometimes there's an Erron Black trying to be cheap.

You'd think after fighting a hundred Scorpions I would know the matchup so well. But the problem is that, like a fool, I insist on playing D'vorah. And the fact I play D'vorah means I automatically lose unless the Scorpion is a MUCH worse player than me. But if the Scorpion is simply a bit less skilled than me? He still wins, of course.

This is honestly ruining my enjoyment. I'm tired of fighting always the same easy and overpowered character, and I'm tired of losing only because I start with a very strong tier disadvantage.
This post is ridiculous.

Here is it the video, to everyone crying about Scorpion teleport, just watch how you needs to deal with it:

Cetrion player just punish his teleport every single time he use it. Every single time.

Sazbak

Noob
Here is it the video, to everyone crying about Scorpion teleport, just watch how you needs to deal with it:

Cetrion player just punish his teleport every single time he use it. Every single time.
Nope I just started watching it(my link) and there is a point at 54:46 where Cetrion doesnt punish the raw teleport.

I'm pointing this out because some people like to downplay Scorpion's teleport by saying that you can punish the amp port and normal port as well if you just wait a bit after blocking the normal port. It feels really hard in a real game to time your punish to the end of the normal port punishment window when you have to be mentally prepared many other stufff Scorpion can throw at you.

In general I agree with you though that lot of people probably complain about a character without trying their best to overcome their difficulties by practicing.

Edit: 58:35 raw unamped teleport goes unpunished again.

Last edited:
At the exact time you mention this was error by Cetrion player, he react it, he even poke him(1st time), but he miss the opportunity. Same for the second frame
you mention.
Have in mind that Asodimazze is not some god skilled player. There is a lot better than him, and to be fair he comes from out of nowhere at that tour.
To me Shark Teeth is the better player of the two. But didnt really deliever at this tournament.
But anyway my point stay, Cetrion player punish like 90% of the teleport of Scorpion and the 2 time he missed it, he didn[/ICODE]t get punish or any damage, which is important.
I myself doesnt like a lot of move from same character, but do not complain loudly about them.
I think the game is balanced well. You will always have better and worst character and you will always have better and worst match ups.
My only problems are some mechanics and i think this is for the best of the game is throws(damage needs to be lowered and maybe a bit more time to react), KB and FB.
You should not be able to do more than 1 KB(of all kinds) and KB on throws needs to be removed for 500% sure. Is dumb as hell. Maybe even KB should not lead to combo. FB needs to be rebalanced, there should be bigger gap to be punished if you miss them and you definitely shouldnt be allowed to FB on combo. This is the second dumbiest move in the game, right after KB on throws.
And to be clear i dont play Scorpion or some so call "imba" character.
I play Sub-Zero which i think it`s kinda okay and Jonny Cage, that only thing that missed from him is viable KB.

Last edited:

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies

lol, very first match the first hit the Scorp player makes is a TP into a 33% combo plus DoT from the KB (so 43%). "Every single time"? :DOGE

I'm not saying Scorp is OP (there are far worse characters in that regard) but his TP is annoying and blows up even the pros. While I don't think the OP is right to blame his character choice for the loss, I do sympathize with how exhausting it can be to play match after match against a character that can be rewarded for using one very random, very annoying tool

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
You're probably giving yourself too much credit. Yes Scorpion can be annoying but the typical online Scorpion could also probably be beaten using a hypothetical character that only had access to Block, D1 and Grab exclusively.

Really, like really? You see in what position Cetrion was? He was punished, and the damage was not 43%, cause he stayed at 623, and he eat one shot that he block.
So by your comment i understand that you want Scorpion teleport to be completely crap and useless.
But im going to ask you again. Why you are not talking about all the others teleport move that Scorpion make and he eat combo after combo for that move ?
Even if we count this, it was like 90% of the teleport he did he was eating big damage.
If Scorpion it so OP, why hey simply su*** at pro level gameplay?

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
lol, dude, I don't have a horse in this race. I can hold two things to be true at the same time.

1. Scorpion is fine, I'd generally consider him balance
  2. His TP is annoying to play against and often rewards a YOLO play style
These are not mutually exclusive beliefs.

Your example is terrible because you said "EVERY TIME". Maybe you should specifiy "when it isn't a punish, or a cancel, or when it just hits like it frequently does if you watch the match"

Even if you just watch the first match there are several examples where the Scrop player is not punished - on block without amplify, or on cancel. He even cancels into a successful throw in just the first match. Doesn't seem like being punished to me.

Second match first round he raw TPs into a successful launcher and drops the combo. Second round, first hit is ANOTHER raw TP (that he doesn't amp)!

You're like "Scrop gets punished EVERY TIME" and then back tracking it to "90%" when the reality is Scorp is kinda getting away with murder here and your video example is really bad!

Video example is really good, because there is a lot of moments, where Scorpion use so called "imba" teleport and his a** get beaten because of that move or he simply didnt do a s**** with that move.
Most of Scorpion trasher are like this move is so imba, he teleport and constantly take you 30-40% dmg.
In the Video i give, this is happen only once, and it[/ICODE]s because Scorpion punish Cetrion player.
But lets talk with facts:
3:49 Scorpion teleports and eat full combo
4:25 Scorpion teleport and his shot is blocked and lose the round
4:43 he teleport and even use bar and try to grab and Cetrion players hits him, but miss the punishment.
7:01 teleport and use bar, Cetrion player block and then punish him with combo and KB
7:23 teleport his hit is blocked and get grabbed and lost the round because of that move
8:02 teleport use bar, his hits getting blocked and get punished
8:39 teleport his hit is blocked and waste his whole defensive bar to not get killed, lost the set because of that move
12:01 teleport, his hit is blocked and eat combo
12:34 teleport, his hit is blocked, he also block
14:15 teleport use bar, his hit getting blocked and eat full combo
15:09 teleport bar try to grab but Cetrion hit it, but missed to punish him
15:13 teleport his hit getting blocked and eat full combo

So how is that not perfect example how to deal with Scropion teleport ? The time he have cusccess with his teleport was when Cetrion was trying to hit him with his zoning attack in the air. In the 4 sets, Cetrion eats exactly 2 such punish. And he was grabbed from teleport like 1 time.

So okay its not like every single time, but his hit is blocked and/or he eat big combo in like 80%-90% of the time.
So how is that a bad example?
And let`s be real here Asodimazze is not some reaction monster.

This is the perfect example that this move is far from Imba, unblockable and you always eat big combo or get grabbed.

As per title.

Every time I fight online it's only Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion. Sometimes there's an Erron Black trying to be cheap.

You'd think after fighting a hundred Scorpions I would know the matchup so well. But the problem is that, like a fool, I insist on playing D'vorah. And the fact I play D'vorah means I automatically lose unless the Scorpion is a MUCH worse player than me. But if the Scorpion is simply a bit less skilled than me? He still wins, of course.

This is honestly ruining my enjoyment. I'm tired of fighting always the same easy and overpowered character, and I'm tired of losing only because I start with a very strong tier disadvantage.
scorpion is a very overused character but i got curious and decided to use him he’s really annoying to play against but he’s super fun to play especially if you get really into his hellport cancels

Damn these scorpion mains are in a frenzy lol.

I think I’ve heard every option select possible on why he is a balanced character at this point
That's why he never gets touched. There are more Scorpion mains than every other main combined so NRS completely ignores Scorpion. But lets make Kano's command grab that does only 130 damage a high attack so everybody can D2 mash against him all day. Totally balanced