What's new

IGN Interview with Ed Boon: The Terminator & Micheal Meyers Were Being Considered for MKX

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Finally, an opinion that appeals to my sensibilities, haha. For me its a tie between Alien and Carpenter's The Thing. You see that shitty, mostly-cgi remake a few years back? eugh. Perhaps one or both of Ridley Scott's or Neill Blomkamp's Alien movies will actually be good, but I'm not getting my hopes up lol.
I didn't think it was shitty, necessarily. Disappointing? Definitely.

The more I think out it, humanoid-Xeno isn't a terrible fit for MK. Leatherface, however, can fuck all the way off.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
If you go on other social media sites, game forums, etc. you can see that no one really gets why they included Leatherface.

Granted, the majority of people on other media sites also refer to Bo Rai Cho as "that fat, Asian guy." So, I guess you have to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
You filthy illiterate inbred imbeciles. Have you all forgotten the sheer epicness that is Lord Spawn?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Might as well just make a horror fighting game, the profit would be awesome.

I miss my MK game with just MK characters, can't stop to look at mkx roster, and see how many characters are missing, and then i see jason, predator in there too, and soon i will be seeing leather face and frigging Barakalien there too. It just expands the rosters with characters i don't want to play with.

Well, at least we got Bo' and lol at anyone thinking Bo will be that version of MK3D with farts and pukes, this MK is dead serious, pretty sure he will be an awesome character and will be re-imagined, otherwise i don't think he would be in the roster.

My favorite reincarnation of MKX, by far are, Tanya and Scorpion.

Curious to see what they will do with Bo' and Tri-borg, but i'm not interested in more guests, Jason and Predator were good enough, but money really talks.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
FFS, Leatherface is in because a movie is coming out. Seriously, just look at the WB movie lineup for future potential guest.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I like how MKX is suppose to be a darker installment but added bo rai cho for the Lawlz
I know this is likely bait, but Bo Rai Cho isn't gonna be puking and farting in this game, trust me.

Plus the game is super dark already. Just look at Story Mode, doesn't it depress you?

:DOGE

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Honestly you could just make Michael Myers a costume for Jason and it would still make sense.

Not really. At all. For one thing, Jason is definitely undead.

As of John Carpenter's Halloween 1&2, Michael was definitely alive. I'm top of that, Jason's whole deal is punishing people for amoral behavior as part of revenge for dying because of counselor negligence. Jason's motivations, while selfish, is at least human.

Michael Myers is not. He kills his sister when he's just a child, for no discernable reason at all. His thought process is completely alien to anything you or I could make sense of.

He also has a rivalry with Dr.Loomis, which makes for a pretty compelling side arch. Loomis in the originals sees nothing redeemable about Michael. He's broken from birth and driven to end life. More a force of nature than a person.

Short version: Jason undead slasher with human motivations.

Michael Myers: Neigh unstoppable human slasher that exists simply to end life.

ErMac333

Noob
If they're so hyped about building pop culture horror characters in a game, why don't they just put em all in a single game and keep it away from MK? Honestly, I'd rather see they spending the next year in a Terrordrome than making this kind of crap moves on my favorite franchise.

I fail to understand the lack of such obvious kharacters in this game like Fujin or Rain, which played a role somehow in the same weight as Tanya, and were kharacters just as highly expected, even more!

Not really. At all. For one thing, Jason is definitely undead.
Michael Myers is undead. Or if not explicitly undead, he never "dies". He gets shot in the head. Then walks out of the ambulance in Halloween 2 (2009)

As for your other points, its not like MKX has Jason in story where there's an in depth breakdown of his character.

Michael fits the bill in pretty much the only ways you need to in order to be a skin for Jason as a Mortal Kombat character:
1) stabby stabby slashy slashy
2) just gets back up after being " killed"
3) inexplicable horror movie ability to be right behind you whenever.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Michael Myers is undead. Or if not explicitly undead, he never "dies". He gets shot in the head. Then walks out of the ambulance in Halloween 2 (2009)

As for your other points, its not like MKX has Jason in story where there's an in depth breakdown of his character.

Michael fits the bill in pretty much the only ways you need to in order to be a skin for Jason as a Mortal Kombat character:
1) stabby stabby slashy slashy
2) just gets back up after being " killed"
3) inexplicable horror movie ability to be right behind you whenever.

Dude. You never saw The John Carpenter movies. I wasn't talking about Rob Zombie's versions. The bullet to the head thing never happened in the originals.

He's inhuman, but nothing in those movies explicitly implies him being undead, unlike Jason who died as a kid and came back.

Also, Myers doesn't JUST use a knife. In Halloween II he boils a woman alive. Man. They're completely different.

Dude. You never saw The John Carpenter movies.
Yes I have.

I wasn't talking about Rob Zombie's versions. The bullet to the head thing never happened in the originals.
Doesn't have to be the original version. Why be hung up on version given that neither version of Michael (or Jason for that matter) actually fought Fire and Ice Ninjas?

He's inhuman, but nothing in those movies explicitly implies him being undead, unlike Jason who died as a kid and came back.
You're thinking too hard on this. It doesn't matter.

It's a skin. For gameplay purposes whether he gets back up because he's undead or Horror-movie-Ex-MAchina is irrellevant.

Also, Myers doesn't JUST use a knife. In Halloween II he boils a woman alive. Man. They're completely different.
And hence Michael would have no qualm against using a machete.

I'm not saying they aren't different characters. Just that as far as gameplay is concerned, you can give Jason a Michael Myers skin and it would work.

In Injustice there was a Damien Wayne and Dick Grayson version of Nightwing. They are COMPLETELY different characters. Yet they still made perfect sense as skins.

If Johnny Cage and Jax can have Dutch and Dillon costumes from Predator, than I fail to see how giving Jason a Michael Myers costume is some travesty against canon.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
... and lol at anyone thinking Bo will be that version of MK3D with farts and pukes, this MK is dead serious, pretty sure he will be an awesome character and will be re-imagined, otherwise i don't think he would be in the roster.
I hope you're right but let's see, it's Troll Boon we are talking about here.