What's new

IGN Interview with Ed Boon: The Terminator & Micheal Meyers Were Being Considered for MKX

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
There are literally THOUSANDS of reasons why Termintaor wasn't picked and the absolute least likely is "We could've had them both but at the end of the day, we wanted Leatherface more". This exact reaction is why this article is such a useless sensational piece of tripe.
what did you expect? this is pretty much the reaction the article is intended to give, the sense of loss of wow we could have had a much cooler character. hell this reaction isnt new, after every kombat pack there are waaaay worse similar reactions to this due to a lot of people not liking the characters that got in, it is pointless for you to point it out how useless my response was because, no shit it was useless, it wasnt meant to be this game changing philosophical statement to ponder for years to come, it was simply a comment on frustration.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
It seems like most of TYM doesn't know a thing about Leatherface or who he is based on...Friggin' ED GEIN, man!!!

...and now Terminator would have been a better choice? Really? a guy that shoots guns and has metal underneath...really, TYM??

I wanted NO guests at all, to be clear. MK has a rich enough history with many great characters to choose from, but I swear to satan that
Bo Rai Cho better not fart or vomit all over my MKX.

Skarlet, Noob Saibot, Rain and Kabal for KP#3

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
so why leatherface?

does anyone care about leatherface or texas chainsaw? anyone in the world right now?

god that character's the epitome of a wasted slot - a guest character that nobody likes.

what were they thinking?
Nobody on here likes it. That's because we are the MK core fans. This addition was extremely popular among the casual owners of MKX and they will all be buying him

what i dont get is how the Terminator can be in WWE2k16 but can't be in MKX. The Terminator fits a hell of a lot better in Mortal Kombat. I watched a video of the Terminator gameplay in WWE2k16, it's just a Terminator skin doing standard wrestling moves. Terminator in MKX would obviously act like the actual Terminator with moves from the movies, maybe a variation with a shotgun, you could have a t-1000 variation, whatever. I even thought of a scenario where if Reptile does his acid pool fatality, the Terminator would do a thumbs up as he dissolved in the acid. The Terminator would bring so much hype, I can't imagine Ed Boon or whoever thought he didn't fit in the game. Not sure how all the licensing issues and stuff works but I just can't comprehend how the Terminator is in WWE but not Mortal Kombat.

It seems like most of TYM doesn't know a thing about Leatherface or who he is based on...Friggin' ED GEIN, man!!!

...and now Terminator would have been a better choice? Really? a guy that shoots guns and has metal underneath...really, TYM??

I wanted NO guests at all, to be clear. MK has a rich enough history with many great characters to choose from, but I swear to satan that

id prefer neither honestly lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
I mean, we DO get our cyborgs. But I think Arnold walking out would have been more hype than Leatherface walking out.
Eh i just don't see how that character works in MK. :/ Maybe a better fit in my Horror Kombat. Hollywood Kombat (sub boss Johnny Cage lol)

Regardless, people would have been upset no matter which 4 slots they choose to use fill them. Guests? "Fuck guests. I want MK characters in my MK game." MK characters? "Fuck NRS, they didn't choose the characters I wanted."

Not directed at you btw, Gamer68.

Gamer68

Fujin!

I feel like The Terminator would have been cooler for a few different reasons. Firstly, he has more of a connection to MK - Kano's eye was inspired by The Terminator. Secondly, I feel like they could do more with him variation-wise. With all of the different weapons he can use and how powerful he is, there's a lot of potential. Especially if they do Terminator Genisys Arnold. Here's an idea for a variation:

At the end of Terminator Genisys, Arnold get's upgraded to one of the liquid metal Terminators. One variation could be that, and he could play kinda like Glacius from Killer Instinct. Long range arm swords, liquid teleport uppercuts, etc.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Eh i just don't see how that character works in MK. :/ Maybe a better fit in my Horror Kombat. Hollywood Kombat (sub boss Johnny Cage lol)

Regardless, people would have been upset no matter which 4 slots they choose to use fill them. Guests? "Fuck guests. I want MK characters in my MK game." MK characters? "Fuck NRS, they didn't choose the characters I wanted."

Not directed at you btw, Gamer68.
I understand. And that's probably true @ everyone complaining anyway.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
No I think leather face is better than both terminator and Meyers. Couldn't miss out on a vs p. Jason missed his window with Freddy and they learned from that.

Leather face is more raw, than Meyers. But any other umk3 character would have made me so much happier.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Oh yeah, one more reason why I think Terminator would be a better character: Dialogue. Jason, Predator, Leatherface, and Xenomorph all just make grunts, screams, or just stay completely silent. The Terminator would have actual dialogue, and I could imagine some funny intros between him and Kano or Tri-Borg.

trufenix

bye felicia
what did you expect? this is pretty much the reaction the article is intended to give, the sense of loss of wow we could have had a much cooler character. hell this reaction isnt new, after every kombat pack there are waaaay worse similar reactions to this due to a lot of people not liking the characters that got in, it is pointless for you to point it out how useless my response was because, no shit it was useless, it wasnt meant to be this game changing philosophical statement to ponder for years to come, it was simply a comment on frustration.
didn't realize you had no interest in discussion on a discussion forum. Carry on.

Tim Static

Adminerator
They almost put Jason in w/ Freddy for MK9. There was some ideas they didn't do for vanilla MKX too. Don't blow this out of proportion.

TKB

Noob
I don't know about The Terminator, but I reckon Sarah Connor would've given Sonya a serious run for her money.
Sarah Connor is cool and all, but I think Ripley would be the epitome of the badass female. "Get away from her you BITCH"

I've wanted Myers in a real fighting game for the longest time. =/
I personally count Terrordrome as a legit fighting game. I've actually put a decent amount of time into it.

Gamer68

Fujin!
They almost put Jason in w/ Freddy for MK9. There was some ideas they didn't do for vanilla MKX too. Don't blow this out of proportion.
Actually, they weren't going to put Jason in with Freddy, they were considering in putting him in OVER Freddy. They were also considering Micheal Meyers as well