What's new

If you had to choose, would you keep Cassie or rather just have JC and Sonya in future MK games?

Which do you choose?

• JC and Sonya

• Cassie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Sonya must die. Absolutely grey character without charisma. Simple stupid military.
And, one more - there is one joker with green power - Johnny or Cassie. Not both

The Cage family should all just be removed but I voted for Johnny and Sonya. I like Sonya and there's barely any women over the age of 30 in fighting games so seeing representation of that is a good thing.

In saying that, Cassie is the main protagonist now so she's not going to be left out unless they kill her. Hopefully they make her more interesting like make her a lesbian or, expected, some attraction to Kano's son.
Sindel is older. She's like 20,000 (30000?) Which is like 40's for a human. Why Does Cassie need to be a Lesbian? Come on now.....

Just let Cassie replace her mother entirely. In one game she's shown more personality than Sonya has in twenty years.

Yo but Demolition is still hype tho.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Now that everyone's in agreement that Sonya must die, the question is who should be the one to kill her?

I say let Kano's son kill her.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I see no reason why she would have the same strings in future games.
Johnny and sonya have different strings to mk9.

As for the thread.
I love playing as sonya and Johnny, both in mk9 and X and I don't really play cassie much but even I would say let them go.. Hand the torch over. I didnt even think they should be in this game.
Lord Paulo has a strong sense of trolling, it doesn't matter if we all hated a mechanic, we might actually get more of the same across the whole cast in future games, you guard is never up against the mad scientist.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

As for the thread.
I love playing as sonya and Johnny, both in mk9 and X and I don't really play cassie much but even I would say let them go.. Hand the torch over. I didnt even think they should be in this game.
Lord Paulo has a strong sense of trolling, it doesn't matter if we all hated a mechanic, we might actually get more of the same across the whole cast in future games, you guard is never up against the mad scientist.

I absolutely HATE Cassie. I'm sorry but she's the worst character of any fighting game ever imo. She's just a stupid little girl who says "ding dong", takes selfies for facebook for a fatality?, and has a Justin Bieber haircut?? Are you kidding me? This is a Mortal Kombat character? She's the most disappointing character. I think Cassie and Sonya should definitely be removed. As for J cage, I just wish they'd remove his stupid cocky demeanor and I'd be ok with that..

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

As for the thread.

Kogia

Noob
Removing Sonya and JC would be like Street Fighter dropping Chun Li & Blanka - oh wait they just did some of that...

I don't see a need to drop any, they're all solid characters with a good diversity of moves and very popular in terms of use.

It's good for fighting games to keep their classic core, that appeals to long term fans that helped make the games what they are and allows for deeper characterisation and stories to occur.

As far as new characters, Cassie is great, she has similarities to both, but plays quite differently from either and her personality is very well created for such a new character. She has some of the best match intro quotes by far and there's some interesting routes the story could go with her. She could do with some more interesting costume designs though.

As a sidenote, I don't play with any of the Cage crew, so this isn't fan bias.

Fighting games need to change their cast up every now and then, but there's a core they should keep, it causes too much upset that detracts from the series if they drop major players.

I absolutely HATE Cassie. I'm sorry but she's the worst character of any fighting game ever imo. She's just a stupid little girl who says "ding dong", takes selfies for facebook for a fatality?, and has a Justin Bieber haircut?? Are you kidding me? This is a Mortal Kombat character? She's the most disappointing character. I think Cassie and Sonya should definitely be removed. As for J cage, I just wish they'd remove his stupid cocky demeanor and I'd be ok with that..
That's just retarded, I'm sorry. Feel how you want about Cassie, but why remove Johnny's attitude? That's his personality! It's what makes Johnny Cage Johnny Cage. Smh.

In my opinion all MK1 characters should be in every Mortal Kombat game. 7 slots for super iconic characters are not much.
This is what I REALLY DON'T want. Like In my opinion, only Sub-zero, Scorpion, and Raiden (to a much lesser extent) are the only characters that should be in every single game. No one else.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
This is what I REALLY DON'T want. Like In my opinion, only Sub-zero, Scorpion, and Raiden (to a much lesser extent) are the only characters that should be in every single game. No one else.
Rosters should be very extensive, this is the new generation, there are not technical reasons to limit too much the rosters.
By leaving out iconic characters they are most likely gonna piss off many fans, doing so goes against them. But nrs will decide...

Rosters should be very extensive, this is the new generation, there are not technical reasons to limit too much the rosters.
By leaving out iconic characters they are most likely gonna piss off many fans, doing so goes against them. But nrs will decide...
I hope they do. Go outside the box.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Most of the OGs need to sit out the next game in terms of being playable. Give characters like Havik, li mei, Kira, fujin, etc..... a chance.
i'd rather see brand new character than any of them besides Fujin tbh. most of the characters beyond mk3 sucked, with the exceptions being quan chi and kenshi, but i think they did a better job with the new characters for this one. kotal kahn, d'vorah, and cassie should be staples in any new mk game from now on. F/T is pretty cool too, but they need their story told better. i would like Shao Kahn to be playable in mk 11
as for the question in title of this thread: johnny and sonya are getting up there in age, so i would assume cassie will be the only one playable

i'd rather see brand new character than any of them besides Fujin tbh. most of the characters beyond mk3 sucked, with the exceptions being quan chi and kenshi, but i think they did a better job with the new characters for this one. kotal kahn, d'vorah, and cassie should be staples in any new mk game from now on. F/T is pretty cool too, but they need their story told better. i would like Shao Kahn to be playable in mk 11
as for the question in title of this thread: johnny and sonya are getting up there in age, so i would assume cassie will be the only one playable
If you didn't play the 3D games then you wouldn't know, NRS could do wonders to them characters like they have done with Tanya and Bo. All the classic characters are getting a bit stale now but NRS are most likely not gonna keep them out.

In my opinion all MK1 characters should be in every Mortal Kombat game. 7 slots for super iconic characters are not much.
I agree all 7 characters should remain in the game as long as MK exists, (although I'd be ok if Lui Kang died forever;)) I will say I didn't care for any of the new characters but Cassie seems like a good addition to me. Do you guys really think she's going anywhere, Fox mains her and NRS mains Fox. She'll probably come back so broke in the next one.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
If you didn't play the 3D games then you wouldn't know, NRS could do wonders to them characters like they have done with Tanya and Bo. All the classic characters are getting a bit stale now but NRS are most likely not gonna keep them out.
i played the 3d games