What's new

If you had to choose, would you keep Cassie or rather just have JC and Sonya in future MK games?

Which do you choose?

• JC and Sonya

• Cassie

Results are only viewable after voting.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Cassie is not a legacy character. If I were to choose between her or JC and Sonya it would be the latter, easily (same goes for any of the kids).

The first scene in mk11 should be cassie being decimated by Onaga to make up for them picking the worst char ever to beat shinnok in mkx. The four new earthrealmers are some of the worst mk chars, just keep erron ferra kotal dvorah

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
From the perspective of either gameplay, character, or story importance we don't need a brain-dead stonejaw like sonya blade she's female stryker to me.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'd prefer to just keep Cassie tbh, but I don't like any of them so don't listen to me I suppose lol.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Cassie has become my all time favorite and as much as I would hate to see them go, I don't want my other favorites (J&S) in the next game. I don't want Kenshi or Jax in either. I like how they are doing this new generation thing. BUT I would be mad if the classics where not in the story mode cut scenes. PS kill off Kano and bring his son from the arcade ending in the roster. That would be a cool plot.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
The Cage family should all just be removed but I voted for Johnny and Sonya. I like Sonya and there's barely any women over the age of 30 in fighting games so seeing representation of that is a good thing.

In saying that, Cassie is the main protagonist now so she's not going to be left out unless they kill her. Hopefully they make her more interesting like make her a lesbian or, expected, some attraction to Kano's son.
I thought she was a lesbian for a while to be honest, then I found out Jin was gay. I think people would complain about having two LGBT characters in the game on the same team. But I wouldn't complain. More backstory for the character.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I think people would complain about having two LGBT characters in the game on the same team. But I wouldn't complain. More backstory for the character.
Exactly! And you're so right about people complaining. I mean I already got whined at for merely suggesting it in this thread! Taking into consideration the response to Kung Jin, the Fighting Game community are a bunch of whiny bitch babies when it comes to LGBT representation.

If it isn't some hulking broseph getting all "the bitches", a ripped gymnastics chick with big TNA or a monster/creature then they will bitch about it.

Exactly! And you're so right about people complaining. I mean I already got whined at for merely suggesting it in this thread! Taking into consideration the response to Kung Jin, the Fighting Game community are a bunch of whiny bitch babies when it comes to LGBT representation.

If it isn't some hulking broseph getting all "the bitches", a ripped gymnastics chick with big TNA or a monster/creature then they will bitch about it.
But she doesn't need to be a Lesbian. They can come up with somethings else for more backstory. If she was, then ok. But why a lesbian???

The Cage family should all just be removed but I voted for Johnny and Sonya. I like Sonya and there's barely any women over the age of 30 in fighting games so seeing representation of that is a good thing.

In saying that, Cassie is the main protagonist now so she's not going to be left out unless they kill her. Hopefully they make her more interesting like make her a lesbian or, expected, some attraction to Kano's son.
You're turning this into a soap opera...

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
If johnny isn't in the next Mk. I will fucking riot more than fujin players/whoever else was wanted.

It really depends on how they're designed eh? I don't like MKX Johnny nearly as much as MK9 Johnny, game-play aside. I don't like Cassie now but maybe I will in a future game

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Or maybe it's just because they're not men. It seems like most players just want a huge sausage fest.

"There's enough women on the roster!" they exclaim as the 32 person roster shows 7 female characters (Ferra does not count, she's a damn accessory not a fighter). And now they want one of the more iconic females to get killed (some brutally) while her overplayed and overused ex-husband should remain. K