What's new

If you had to choose, would you keep Cassie or rather just have JC and Sonya in future MK games?

Which do you choose?

• JC and Sonya

• Cassie

Results are only viewable after voting.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
In my humble opinion, even though I like all three of them, I can't help but hate the fact that one of them was obviously redundant in MKX. JC and Sonya are classic characters and I'd hate it if one of them was to be left out in future games, but Cassie seems to be the first female protagonist of the series, so It would be nice to see her more developed as a character.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Let's be real for a second Cassie is basically the main character now, she probably isn't going away for a few games. Also I like Cassie, I wouldn't mind her taking her parents place.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
The Cage family should all just be removed but I voted for Johnny and Sonya. I like Sonya and there's barely any women over the age of 30 in fighting games so seeing representation of that is a good thing.

In saying that, Cassie is the main protagonist now so she's not going to be left out unless they kill her. Hopefully they make her more interesting like make her a lesbian or, expected, some attraction to Kano's son.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If Cassie Returns, hopefully B12 string covers less range, we had enough nightmares with F23man, now this.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Cassie and Sonya devised a plan to Murder Johnny and succeeded:)

Johnny is gone, probably be to old anyways his moves would have to be 30+frames of startup, and his nutpuch when landed in MK11 would be -5

so my vote would be keep Sonya but get rid of her Mixup Covert Ops. Keep cassie and change her game up, add more viable projectiles, roll kicks, and coolness, minus the 50/50's and johnny retires and is gone for good.

and if Johnny came back in MK11
his normals/mixups would be so slow we would be like Shinnok in the story mode, matrixing all his shit cuz his moves are like 35frames + to us :)

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Johnny might not be on the level of Scorpion and Subzero but he still is one of the top 5 MK characters.

Johnny should always be in Mortal kombat no matter what. I would keep Johnny and Cassie. Sonya should die brutaly like Baraka did.

Goat-City

Banned
If NRS continues the trend of redesigning characters every game then they should remove Sonya, Johnny, Kenshi, maybe Lao, Jax, and Kano for his son. But I think for MK11 they should just build off of MKX. Maybe slightly tweak the current roster, but double it in the process. Add updated versions of all the MK9 stages, add more dialogue, costumes and fatals/brutals, tweak the game mechanics, etc. I really can't see any of the MKX characters being redesigned again. NRS did such a perfect job on them that I doubt they could top themselves.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
As long as I can have both kenshi and takeda in future MK games I am happy. Or just kenshi. But I think that it should be Johnny and Cassie, Sonya is pretty boring imo

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I'd really miss JC, but Cassie has elements of both in her gameplay, and honestly is just a great character. Keep Cassie, but please keep JC as well. Sonya is boring in all aspects, personality, character design, and gameplay, meh.

I really like the smack talk of both Cassie and Johnny so I'd love to keep both.

On the other hand, can we keep Jax and get rid off 0 personality Jacqui?

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Characterization:

Cass > Johnny > Sonya

It's pretty obvious to me that people like Johnny's personality a lot more than Sonya's, and probably Cassie's smartass sarcasm and wit trumps them both. Sonya's entire characterization is serious military mom. She grounds Johnny's goofy one-liners like that, but it's sort of sad because Johnny is completely likable all on his own. It's hard to say that for Sonya. Johnny and Jax were fun as hell from the start

Sonya started off pretty meh and somehow they just never made her very interesting. Now she's stuck in that pigeonhole and there is no digging her out unless they really get creative with their writing. It's far easier to just allow Cassie to take her place. Cass basically is a good attempt at merging the best of both worlds. She has dad's humor, Sonya's looks, and fights a little like each--nutpunches and kickboxing from Johnny, military-grade weapons and airstrikes from Sonya.

Gameplay
This is an arcade fighting game first and foremost. In my opinion, everything beyond the gameplay itself is just a means to the end of complimenting that gameplay. We only have a Story mode and character intros at all because it helps people fall in love with their main. My point is that Sonya's actual playstyle is one of the best in the game. She uses really unique tools. Demolition in particular feels unlike any other variation. I don't care for her characterization much, but her gameplay is exceptional and very underrated and I don't want to see that go away, although I'm sure it probably will.

It's not hard to imagine the intention of bringing the kombat kids to MKX was an attempt at leaving franchise veterans behind all along in an attempt to do something new.

I can't imagine where they'll go with Mortal Kombat in the next game, but I don't want to see the Cage family separate. They do have a neat chemistry between the 3 of them.

Mostly I just want Ferra/Torr to come back, and I want more lore on them. I want Ferra to look like a teenager like she does in the concept art. I want Kabal back and I want Mileena back. I want Kira back if she is done right. Couldn't care less about Jacqui or Kung Jin on the other hand.

Last edited:

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
If Cassie Returns, hopefully B12 string covers less range, we had enough nightmares with F23man, now this.
I see no reason why she would have the same strings in future games.
Johnny and sonya have different strings to mk9.

As for the thread.
I love playing as sonya and Johnny, both in mk9 and X and I don't really play cassie much but even I would say let them go.. Hand the torch over. I didnt even think they should be in this game.