What's new

If you could remove 1 THING out of MK9, What would it be?

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
I would remove most of the useless ex moves in the game. There are too many specials where the only difference between the regular and ex version is 4%-5% damage increase and maybe a slight animation change. Low tier characters tend to have the majority of these type of moves. Then you have characters like Lao who have extremely useful versions of almost all his enhanced moves. Ex low hat turns into buzzsaw, ex normal hat extends your combo, ex spin moves you forward, etc. All these unique ex moves give Lao options. Reptile is another character with a plethora of options, partly due to his ex-specials.

If lower tier characters had an abundance cheap ex moves (i.e. ex nomad dash, ex spirit charge, all Jax's armored ex specials, etc.), they would have way more options and become more viable. Each character should have no more than 1 useless ex move.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
I think BF2 is 90% of what people want out of the game. Every player I come across including top players at events always say how dumb that move is. I think you know what move I'm talking about :p
Yeah I know, Mileena neck-bite is pretty fucked up.

All kidding aside, without BF2 sonya would've forced me to quit this game about 2 months ago. Keep it, get rid of the pushback on block so people can at least get a pressure string for blocking it.

Justice

Noob
Input bug
Negative Edge (you aren't doing us Sonya and Skarlet players any favours here NRS........)
Noob Saibot

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The armour distribution.

Some characters have no armour, and others have 2, 3 or 4 ex armour moves.

Every character should have just one armour move only. It's ridiculous how impossible some matches are in the absence of having no armour vs tons of armour.
its a crime CSZ doesnt have armor on ex freeze dive or a decent tele i agree

you shouldn't be able to air throw a grounded opponent.Jump Kick,Air throw.very annoying.(Smoke,Jax,Scorpian,Kano)
Along with the obvious rune traps,f3's,ndc's,resets.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Unintentional shit.

This means Input Bug , Meter Drain Glitch , Reptile's drop kick whiffing when doing EN Slide , Combo counter resets , freeze glitches , etc , etc I could go on all day.

It's unintentional shit that makes me rage so much on this game.Most of it happens online though so it's w/e.But they happen offline as well so when it does, I just put the controller down, close my eyes, and imagine destroying the world.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
the mindset of a good amount of members of our community that nobody except people who place top 8/16 at majors matter in this game.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
the mindset of a good amount of members of our community that nobody except people who place top 8/16 at majors matter in this game.
Sounds more like a community issue than a game issue. Are you saying that players like say, you or me, could have valid points/opinions on things?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sounds more like a community issue than a game issue. Are you saying that players like say, you or me, could have valid points/opinions on things? Forgive me, I'm having a hard time understanding the sentence.
The topic title just says MK9, so I interpreted it as MK9 as a whole including the people who play it and such... so yep I was referring to a community issue