What's new

If you could remove 1 THING out of MK9, What would it be?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
That's a big deal, but honestly, input bug is a much worse issue on a fundamental level.

Charlie, blockstun has nothing to do with input bug. The input bug occurs outside of blockstun.
yeah but every move having differnet block stun creates a situation where they are linked together.
Sure one occurs outside of the other.... but block stun influences more iterations of the input bug.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
yeah but every move having differnet block stun creates a situation where they are linked together.
Sure one occurs outside of the other.... but block stun influences more iterations of the input bug.
What do you mean different blockstun? Do you want blockstun to be the exact same for every move or something?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm annoyed they used the word "season" in reference to the DLC. Somewhat implying there would be more. I really wanted Reiko, Tanya, and Sareena.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So you want to remove blockstun...?

I'm seriously confused as to what you mean.
ok.... i can see confusion. It is obvious :)

What i'm saying.... currently... every move has a different block stun to it. Making the input bug more prevelant... because of how it works. In that way... blockstun and the input bug are related.

If you removed blockstun.... you'd effectively remove the frequency that the input bug would happen.... because there would be a consistent timing.

Honestly, i'm convinced that the code logic behind blockstun causes the input bug. I don't know for sure .... but it seems logically connected to me (i coudl be totally wrong and thats cool... just an observation).

THTB

ok.... i can see confusion. It is obvious :)

What i'm saying.... currently... every move has a different block stun to it. Making the input bug more prevelant... because of how it works. In that way... blockstun and the input bug are related.

If you removed blockstun.... you'd effectively remove the frequency that the input bug would happen.... because there would be a consistent timing.

Honestly, i'm convinced that the code logic behind blockstun causes the input bug. I don't know for sure .... but it seems logically connected to me (i coudl be totally wrong and thats cool... just an observation).
If you removed blockstun, you'd end up with the ability to punish basically everything in the game. Nothing would be safe. Blockstun is what prevents games from having this. That's not a solution at all.

It has to do with a bug in transition frames from any animation. Blocking would trigger this bug anyway without blockstun.

Crathen

Death is my business
It's not about blockstun in general , actually what everyone is asking is longer windows to buffer moves while the blockstun is ending when youre releasing block , quite simple.

Sometimes i really wonder if i was the first to use proper terms like mid and special mids and i think of how inexperienced the MK community is when it comes to fighting game knowledge lol

mk is really based on dat block button and everything around it , my sig speaks the truth since day 1 way ahead of the metagame of mk9 was when it all started

on topic , i'd remove meter drain or input bug

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's not about blockstun in general , actually what everyone is asking is longer windows to buffer moves while the blockstun is ending when youre releasing block , quite simple.

Sometimes i really wonder if i was the first to use proper terms like mid and special mids and i think of how inexperienced the MK community is when it comes to fighting game knowledge lol

mk is really based on dat block button and everything around it , my sig speaks the truth since day 1 way ahead of the metagame of mk9 was when it all started

i blame the shitty mk games for not attracting and lvling up a community throughout the series and instead just 20-30 people who came back to MK.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you removed blockstun, you'd end up with the ability to punish basically everything in the game. Nothing would be safe. Blockstun is what prevents games from having this. That's not a solution at all.

It has to do with a bug in transition frames from any animation. Blocking would trigger this bug anyway without blockstun.
this is what i had in mind, i kept seeing some saying blockstun and that would let you unblock during duration frames and punish, i was wondering if it was the same thing

id remove training mode, itd be hillarious watching people trying to find new tech go to ladder and all the complaints that would follow

coolwhip

Noob
Several ex moves like cartwheel
Remove instant air projectiles
Nerf Freddy kabal, maybe Lao some
No Double resets for greater than 70% hp
Sometimes, I really think people just don't want good moves/characters to be in the game.

What is there to nerf about Kung Lao? His full combo punishable tele 3? His 2,1 that you can neutral duck initially and uppercut/poke out of? His full combo punishable low hat?

I'm not much of a Freddy player, but I doubt even his full screen frame traps need nerfing.

Also, there is nothing wrong with instant air projectiles. I'd understand if you'd want Kabal's IAGB to be slowed down a bit on recovery, but outside of that, there's no point. Characters like Kitana and even Liu Kang would suffer tremendously. Zoning is already ass in this game, we don't need to make it worse.

Somnuse

Noob
This is more or less a list of shit I hate rather than things I would want to see balanced. In other words, it's biased towards my character selection.

There is nothing I hate more in this game than kabals ground saw. There are much better moves but this one always always always comes out and seems to hit me when...
1. I've crossed him up and I'm behind him
2. I hit him with reptiles dash but he trades with saw giving him a stupid stagger animation and knocks me down

Seriously wtf...why does this move cme out no matter what, and why so much damn pushback!

THTB

this is what i had in mind, i kept seeing some saying blockstun and that would let you unblock during duration frames and punish, i was wondering if it was the same thing

id remove training mode, itd be hillarious watching people trying to find new tech go to ladder and all the complaints that would follow
Yeah, it's not blockstun. It has to do with how blocking works.

I don't think anyone realizes that blocking takes after the 2D MKs. The same problems you had in letting go of block in time occurs with the 2D MKs where it'll feel like you let go of block ages after you actually did when you block attacks. That's the huge problem, not the blockstun.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

I have to start using the tech in your sig.

Crathen

Death is my business
I have to start using the tech in your sig.
I was the first to use this block button tech , my copyright

Only downside is that thiz tech won't allow for babies and we know how important those are in our current metagame

#justsayin' #kappa #youhearditherefirst #itakecredit #getonmylevelbrah

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I was the first to use this block button tech , my copyright

Only downside is that thiz tech won't allow for babies and we know how important those are in our current metagame

#justsayin' #kappa #youhearditherefirst #itakecredit #getonmylevelbrah
Ok.
#ugotnolevelbrah

Flagg

Noob
People keep saying about the blockstun and how the game is rushdown orientated....well none of that seems to work if you fight kabal, kenshi, freddy or cyrax to a degree.

This game is slowly turning into another zoning game, ala Street Fighter.

Flagg

Noob
I still think Armour is the single biggest thing in the game.

If everyone has one armour move only, something with super armour, it gives them a means of getting someone rushing them down, off them, and a a means of getting in on a zoner.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
The selfish part of me wants to say the patch that castrated Kano...

But Ill take the high road and say the netcode.
Copy off namco's paper if at all possible.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
kabal would be fine after some small nerfs and even now some characters handle kabal just fine.

imo nerfs should be:

- standing 2 dash cancel on high hitbox characters.
- saw blade doesnt trade and overhead hook swords needs to be more disadvantage not enough to be punished though, people should at least get a blockstring on a blocked saw or hook sword.
- nerf meter building slightly on dash cancel, like 20% less
- you need to get hit by two airborne gas blasts for kabal to be able to connect the nomad dash, this means the kabal player needs to be on point with his execution.

with this kabal would still be nr1 and he would not wreck the whole cast like he does now. a lot of 7-3's would be 6-4's and some characters might go even with him now.
If Kabal buzzsaw and hookswords became full-combo punishable and his gas blasts were toned down to Liu Kang's level, I would be content.

If I could take one things out of this game it would be Kabal. If Kabal got nerfed or I had to choose something else I would say the throw tech system be changed, I hate how it is