What's new

Question - Reptile If this patch happens, what would you like to see changed with Reptile?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Lol that buff to his ex spit is the biggest damn slap to the face considering his zoming tools are the same.. Lol lol lol

Zaccel

Noob
And just like that my hopes were dashed. I don't dislike any of these changes, but I was hoping for some more TLC on Forceballs and ddBLK.

Zaccel

Noob
WOW NICE STUFF NRS DID

Reptile (Nimble) -
Reptile (Noxious) -

NOTHING , HE IS DEAD

:mad:
To be fair, I can only think of one major change for Nimble and it wouldn't have been essential. As for Noxious, I have my fingers crossed that system changes and the alterations to his meter game will draw something new from the variation.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Klaw slash is 100% useless now and we don't have an aa now.. I'd like to thank all the upplayers in the thread for the across the board nerfs

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
They actually nerfed regular spit too. Lol and for 7 months of development time there wasnt as many changes as I expected. Hopefully there will be a new host of brutalities.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile is fine.

Armor changes are universal, so this is whatever. It hurts everyone, but helps at the same time. And Reptile came out of it with a safe armor attack. EX pounce being safe now means he can potentially get up with less risk.

Jump attack hurtbox change helps our AA game indirectly.

Reptile has the fastest double armor attack in the game in EX slide. This is tremendous in the GM matchup. Also in the GM matchup, no more EX clone armor and no more launching armor helps.

Reptile's 50/50 game is untouched, also. Which is big, too.

Spit recovery buff is great, and super helpful in the Sub matchup and various others. It will be -10 point blank, and I can imagine using it in combos for Nimble will be much easier, as well as opening up some meterless Nimble setups. God, I wanna see spit during slowdown Forceballs didn't need to be touched...I don't think you guys understand the stupidity of forceball being any better. EX spit change can be huge in matchups where you need to zone, so this actually ups the forceball game a bit.

Top tier nerfs help a lot, too. I'm actually excited to play the new Reptile and the new meta in general. Already got ideas on how to play Reptile.

THTB

They actually nerfed regular spit too. Lol and for 7 months of development time there wasnt as many changes as I expected. Hopefully there will be a new host of brutalities.
They didn't nerf it. It's better. Way better.

Israel

Noob
They didn't nerf it. It's better. Way better.
When u get the chance, share with us how much that fat bonus patch check your gettin in the mail sent to you now is.

Well GG guys. I dont know why most of you needed 8 patches to see they dont care about reptile. They made alien..that says enough lol.

But just know in seriousness tho, if Reptile even makes the cut for a future MK game, consider yourself lucky.

Xev

Noob
I don't share in the doom and gloom either. Just want to test if I can anti air with normals better after the patch.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Reptile is fine.

Armor changes are universal, so this is whatever. It hurts everyone, but helps at the same time. And Reptile came out of it with a safe armor attack. EX pounce being safe now means he can potentially get up with less risk.

Jump attack hurtbox change helps our AA game indirectly.

Reptile has the fastest double armor attack in the game in EX slide. This is tremendous in the GM matchup. Also in the GM matchup, no more EX clone armor and no more launching armor helps.

Reptile's 50/50 game is untouched, also. Which is big, too.

Spit recovery buff is great, and super helpful in the Sub matchup and various others. It will be -10 point blank, and I can imagine using it in combos for Nimble will be much easier, as well as opening up some meterless Nimble setups. God, I wanna see spit during slowdown Forceballs didn't need to be touched...I don't think you guys understand the stupidity of forceball being any better. EX spit change can be huge in matchups where you need to zone, so this actually ups the forceball game a bit.

Top tier nerfs help a lot, too. I'm actually excited to play the new Reptile and the new meta in general. Already got ideas on how to play Reptile.
I'm sorry but I completely disagree with you and think you're just up playing to make
Me mad haha jk..

You cannot possibly compare taking away ex claw to other armored launchers. This realllly hurts reptile more than pretty much any other character that got theirs taken away. Alien got armor off of his flip but that's different since it's a mixup in itself and still has its use. What the hell are you going to aa now with lol.. Also are you really gloating about getting armor on a 5 frame low profiling special, it didn't need it!!!!!!!!!
Also the recovery om the spit is not that great since it already had fast startup and was good for trades since it did more damage but now that's gone. The only thing it will help is better zoming out the whole 5 characters he already zones out anyways..

Oh and huuuuuuuuge nerf on armor being taken away on Invis..

See I wouldn't have minded these nerfs if they gave some things back like they did with 90% of the characters

Israel

Noob
So dealing with his acid balls..and acid balls only... i am doing some slight brainstorming.

So i take it..anyones armor option that juggles, is no more? However looks like they still can be low profile but we dont know yet i guess.

So if rep does a acid ball.. their best hope is to slide under...or jump over i assume. If they armor thru it, looks likes its just able to do damage. So if they dont happen to have meter or a slide then they may have to deal with them but unless rep has a good anti air i dont see how they wouldn't fear of jumping. So if u guys find anti airing to be good in his favor then this is the only way i see the balls getting some 'slight help'

THTB

I'm sorry but I completely disagree with you and think you're just up playing to make
Me mad haha jk..

You cannot possibly compare taking away ex claw to other armored launchers. This realllly hurts reptile more than pretty much any other character that got theirs taken away. Alien got armor off of his flip but that's different since it's a mixup in itself and still has its use. What the hell are you going to aa now with lol.. Also are you really gloating about getting armor on a 5 frame low profiling special, it didn't need it!!!!!!!!!
Also the recovery om the spit is not that great since it already had fast startup and was good for trades since it did more damage but now that's gone. The only thing it will help is better zoming out the whole 5 characters he already zones out anyways..

Oh and huuuuuuuuge nerf on armor being taken away on Invis..

See I wouldn't have minded these nerfs if they gave some things back like they did with 90% of the characters
Losing ex claw sucks on the AA end. It was a change that was happening, whether it was necessary or not. The d2 changes weren't massively detailed, but it's a good chance we got the benefit there. Even without, I already conceded Reptile is meant to have weak anti airs overall.

With how bad the GM matchup was, and the dumb armor break he has, you can't tell me EX slide changes don't help him there.

EX invis nerf falls under the armored launcher category, and wasn't necessary for him in the first place.

Spit change affects Nimble more than anything. Run change means attempting to run in on Reptile is even riskier. EX spit is more neutral control.

Like I said, I have lots of ideas where everything helps Reptile out a lot. He didn't need direct changes outside of better AA and we're not sure if the d2 change doesn't affect that. We do know one thing does affect it. If I thought Reptile was bad and these changes were that bad, I'd be saying it. But this character is going to be up there.

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
Y'all still think we can do ex Slide in the corner to continue combos givin' the fact its +37 down from 40?
We're still good, right?

THTB

So dealing with his acid balls..and acid balls only... i am doing some slight brainstorming.

So i take it..anyones armor option that juggles, is no more? However looks like they still can be low profile but we dont know yet i guess.

So if rep does a acid ball.. their best hope is to slide under...or jump over i assume. If they armor thru it, looks likes its just able to do damage. So if they dont happen to have meter or a slide then they may have to deal with them but unless rep has a good anti air i dont see how they wouldn't fear of jumping. So if u guys find anti airing to be good in his favor then this is the only way i see the balls getting some 'slight help'
The thing about the forceballs is that he can ex slow ball and it is very difficult to clear easily, he can stop them, and some characters have to have specific timings to get a jump punch without getting hit by the forceball. And yeah, you can low profile forceball, but Reptile can slide your low profile, unless you're advancing under it.

Israel

Noob
The thing about the forceballs is that he can ex slow ball and it is very difficult to clear easily, he can stop them, and some characters have to have specific timings to get a jump punch without getting hit by the forceball. And yeah, you can low profile forceball, but Reptile can slide your low profile, unless you're advancing under it.
shouldnt be low profile'able.

But i will explore him once it drops. and ill watch as you guys do also. Im sure there are a lot of hidden buffs/nerfs in the game....So we will see if he has any hidden ones. would be nice if this thing went live @ midnight. but ill prob share anything i have in that new thread.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Im just happy that pos mb low scoop for boneshaper is gone.

Oh snd prepare your anuses (idk if thats how you spell it) because grand master is about to spread our butt cheeks and he forgot the lube.. Good luck aa him now

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
As someone who has clearly put alot of time into Rep I must disagree and I'd like to see your viewpoint but I don't. So let's discuss.
My understanding of your viewpoint is that losing armored claw (breakable, punishable, mid that causes gaps)
and losing combos off of a bar from pounce (instead getting a whopping 12 damage) off a move that does not track and is absolute death on whiff
is worthwhile because our acidpool now stops run ins (for a bar).. which acidballs, spit, normals, dash, and slide already did (Also makes this still worse than Errons caltrops (which dont cost bar) and aliens acid which sticks and can be meterless. As well as saving a few frames off of our spit.. which also comes with a damage reduction btw.

I completely disagree. We lose a risky 3/4ths screen "50/50" I'd argue is reactable. that could do 28%ish and lead into setup (which was already punishable and very easy to whiff with) . We also lose our armor which I'm mainly mad about cause it removes our only anti air option (unless our d2 suddenly works... dont get your hopes up). These all cost a bar too so they were not free especially for a character people consider meter hungry.
^Also we lost the Rektile special.. (ending a string in a klaw so we could armor through their punish with an armored klaw)

Spit is mainly used as harassment and trying to catch feet as they jump over acidballs which we may be a bit better at. Acid puke has a completely useless effect because its not what we needed. We needed a larger aura so knocked down opponents or thrown opponents would recieve damage from our pool the way other characters pools work (plus ours is metered, theres doesn't have to be) so I feel like we lost considerably more than we gained and you seem to be 1 of very few that disagrees. Can you elaborate why you think its a good trade for us?

(Also noxious wasn't touched.. That suprised the Hell out of me)

You said the extra armor on our low profiling full screen slide is great for the grandmaster matchup.. this we don't see eye to eye on. The only reason I considered grandmaster a 6-4 and not a 7-3 was because we could pounce and catch an unwitting sub zero with a decent damage counterstrike. We don't have that anymore.

Personally feel like we were a strong mid tier character with nimble and deceptive being arguable for A tier. We recieved nerfs while some characters recieved buffs, nerfs and buffs or just changes were it was an even trade.

Last edited: