What's new

Discussion if sonic fox commited to a single main...

THIS THREAD IS GIVING ME A FEELING THAT SOMEBODY WANTS TO SEE SONICFOX LOSE.... AND IF YOU WANT SONICFOX TO LOSE YOU GOT 2 CHOICES!!! TRAIN HARD AND BEAT HIM... OR KNEEL BEFORE ME AND REQUEST FOR ME TO PLAY MKX AND DO IT..
as i have given up my worldly (read: gaming) existance to become an elder god, i have no business with the lower beings' struggle for fame and honor anymore. but your pathetic claims amuse me and hereby i make you my champion and give you the task to dethrone the Fox!!!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
My question needs a preface and probably won't ever receive a definitive answer, but it is what we are all wondering...

I'm going to make a comparison between sports and fighting to fighting games.

Real athletes/fighters know how to make their opponents have that moment where their opponents realize they are in a real match/situation/fight. The best find ways to extend this moment and make it their opponent's entire world for the duration of the event/altercation.

These professional fighting game players emulate this in respect to their chosen arenas. They know how to make their opponents have that welcome to my world moment. Generally, they keep their opponents in that moment making it their world for the duration of the exchange/event/altercation.

So, how does Sonic seemingly slip these moments and make it his world almost effortlessly? Is he more of a professional than anyone else - or - or has he achieved transcendence over the game itself?

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Just remember that sonic would've lost Evo if it wasn't for alien
just remember tekken master wouldn't have win without top 5 Dvorah 50-50 god KOTAL that I have almost no chance of guessing right 2. N sonic and wound did a down 1 on hit ok on hit what does tekken master do? He jumps out on plus on hit. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIAC. He also jumped quite a bit. Injustice 2 no 50-50s? Rip war gods rip fr33dys alien

as i have given up my worldly (read: gaming) existance to become an elder god, i have no business with the lower beings' struggle for fame and honor anymore. but your pathetic claims amuse me and hereby i make you my champion and give you the task to dethrone the Fox!!!
VERY WELL THE EMPEROR WILL TAKE OUT THIS SONICFOX YOU SPEAK OF !!!! AND ONE THING THESE WITLESS MORTALS DO IS PLAY SONICFOX AND NOT THE CHARACTER!!! HIS NAME FEARS YOU ALL AND THAT ALONE THROWS YOU TOOTHLESS WORMS OUT YOUR GAME!!!

How about YOU play against @SonicFox5000 ? If you beat him, we'll respekt you. :)
YOUR RESPEKT COMES WITH LOVE AND OPEN ARMS YOU WILL RESPEKT ME THREW FEAR MORTAL!!!!

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
It'd make him weaker. If he played one char/variation it'd make it easier for high level players to prep for him.
He only played one character in injustice though. He played foxy and scar twice in in tournament the exact same matchups and won convincingly in the run backs . Lost to pig in injustice at EVO then came back and mopped him in grand finals. I don't think anyone can really prepare for fox.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
He only played one character in injustice though. He played foxy and scar twice in in tournament the exact same matchups and won convincingly in the run backs . Lost to pig in injustice at EVO then came back and mopped him in grand finals. I don't think anyone can really prepare for fox.
Agreed. hasn't Sonic Fox won all Evo championship they took part until now ? Winning one MK9 side tournament, one IGAU, and 2 MKXL so far ? any doubt he is goat in NRS games, and ultra skillful at fighting games competition at highest level ? There is no room to questions and doubts about this kid's talent, c'mon people ..... I think he is always preferential cogitated to win in Evo finals even if his opponent pick the same character , and a mirror match take place, no ? ;)

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
If this "scene" stopped allowing Sonic Fox to live rent free in their minds, I wonder if we would have a bunch of other little foxes running around being predators instead of the prey. If you get my drift...

I do not see Sonic making threads like this about other players or indulging in talk of the sort. Which is why he runs the game. He thinks about himself and his opponents.

weaker than winning 100% of his matches could still lead to him winning 100% of his matches though. There have been times where a character switch was needed.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
For a while he pretty much did just main Erron. There's a point where you master a character and you really can't improve the way you play them anymore. Refusing to learn more characters at that point just limits your repertoire.

Erron's one of those characters that to my knowledge has pretty even matchups against anybody between all 3 variations, so I'm sure Sonic would still do really good with him alone. But why would he when Acidic is so dumb right now.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Some of you guys are acting like Tekken Master made EVO grand finals only using Kotal Kahn. He played top 10 D'Vorah too and there was nothing stopping him from playing her against Alien.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I still blows my mind how people can REMEMBER the moves of every fucking character in the game and have muscle memory for every character that never fades even if they haven't picked up a character in months. Because of this flawless memory and muscle memory, people like sonic will never be rusty with any character.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I still blows my mind how people can REMEMBER the moves of every fucking character in the game and have muscle memory for every character that never fades even if they haven't picked up a character in months. Because of this flawless memory and muscle memory, people like sonic will never be rusty with any character.
Sonic is highly concentrated, which means that he CAN remember a lot of stuff in one game. It's like he CAN solve every puzzle in the entire game. This is how he can remember all the moves in every fucking character. It needs a lot of training, to get used with these shits, and then to execute them in public. Only a selected few who have very good memory can never be rusty, but there might be some good occasions that he might mistake some moves from other characters, which happens a lot.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Sonic is highly concentrated, which means that he CAN remember a lot of stuff in one game. It's like he CAN solve every puzzle in the entire game. This is how he can remember all the moves in every fucking character. It needs a lot of training, to get used with these shits, and then to execute them in public. Only a selected few who have very good memory can never be rusty, but there might be some good occasions that he might mistake some moves from other characters, which happens a lot.
Yup, it takes training, but also just natural memory and muscle memory that hasn't been weakened by time or substances. I've destroyed far too many brain cells to ever restore that!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Learning your character is a very small amount of the work necessary to be a good player. Knowing your opponent's gaps, mixups, and frame data is arguably more important. By playing multiple characters, Sonic is internalizing that knowledge. You can't abuse gimmicks because he's going to know how they work. You can't abuse frame traps too heavily because he'll know when to contest them.

So I'd say that playing multiple characters can only be a good thing, regardless of the player. I don't care how solid your execution is, if you don't know your opponents' strengths and weaknesses, there's only so far you can go.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Learning your character is a very small amount of the work necessary to be a good player. Knowing your opponent's gaps, mixups, and frame data is arguably more important. By playing multiple characters, Sonic is internalizing that knowledge. You can't abuse gimmicks because he's going to know how they work. You can't abuse frame traps too heavily because he'll know when to contest them.

So I'd say that playing multiple characters can only be a good thing, regardless of the player. I don't care how solid your execution is, if you don't know your opponents' strengths and weaknesses, there's only so far you can go.
So fucking true. This is why we need the experience in MUs. Watching them in video helps less. Experiencing it as much as possible helps a lot.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

Mopped is an understatement. If Injustice 2's first Evo grand finals are even half as bad as that 6-0 no-lube ass-rape was, the game will be DOA as far as the FGC is concerned.

Dead on arrival/Dead or Alive pun intended because nobody fuckin watches that shit, and because Sonic Fox bodies everyone at that game too wtf lol.