What's new

Question if smoke makes it in MK10 what changes do you want to see?

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
so he can be punished instead of spamming smoke bombs, no projectile especially those who launch at hit and give u free combo should be safe on block at least at close range. just like cyrax`s net and subby`s iceblast.

got it now?
it does no chip and the hitbox on it is far from good like a true straight projectile.. if you complain about smokebomb you need to lvl up.. it wiffs on all kinds of stupid things like leg lifting and shit from ppls d4's or wiffs normals.

a smoke can spam all the sballs he wants but in the end it does no dmg so if your gettin hit by those it's you that is the problem not the smokebomb. also thers lots of ppl that can punish it on block up close

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Screw Atk!, kill the reset. Give him a low starter to make up for it.

Edit- Smoke bomb isn't that hard to avoid/punish. Even very short dash/block cancels are enough to cause them to whiff, and any smoke bomb within jump distance is a free combo. Yea, and the no chip thing...

Last edited:

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
it does no chip and the hitbox on it is far from good like a true straight projectile.. if you complain about smokebomb you need to lvl up.. it wiffs on all kinds of stupid things like leg lifting and shit from ppls d4's or wiffs normals.

a smoke can spam all the sballs he wants but in the end it does no dmg so if your gettin hit by those it's you that is the problem not the smokebomb. also thers lots of ppl that can punish it on block up close
so because i suggested that a projectile that gives a free combo shouldnt be safe on block it means i should lvl up? phh dude plz

also, its not about the chip damage u smartass, it builds meter, and do u know what that means in smoke`s case? one combo and u can kiss 80% of your health

so plz, dont jump on me here trying to give me this crap about leveling up. i was discussing a certain move`s frame data, either u comment on it by humbly disagreeing

or agreeing thats fine and more than welcomed. But, lets leave how good or bad iam out of this ok.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
so because i suggested that a projectile that gives a free combo shouldnt be safe on block it means i should lvl up? phh dude plz

also, its not about the chip damage u smartass, it builds meter, and do u know what that means in smoke`s case? one combo and u can kiss 80% of your health

so plz, dont jump on me here trying to give me this crap about leveling up. i was discussing a certain move`s frame data, either u comment on it by humbly disagreeing

or agreeing thats fine and more than welcomed. But, lets leave how good or bad iam out of this ok.
it's not safe on block i told you to lvl up as a direction toward ppl who are complaining about the move not you in particular as one im aiming at. but again it's NOT safe on block. yeah, why shouldnt it build meter? blocked projectiles all build meter and do chip dmg. What about the other 15 ppl that do instant airs or skarlet that can cancel her daggers which are lot faster then smoke throwing smokeballs. so i really don't understand your statement when there's nothing wrong with it.

The reset though yes is unfair even though it's not a reset you can just go to practice for, an be able to bnb it (Ex ; Cyrax, Jax)

Reactions: JDM

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy

I wouldnt call SB a safe launcher but nvm. Agreed on the rest of the post.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.

Smoke's smoke bomb is -9 on block and can be back dashed. I full combo punish b23~Smoke Bomb with Cage 99% of the time. Also Smoke bomb is easily jumpable into deep jk for a punish. There is a reason Smoke is outside of top 5 even with a reset. His smoke bomb is a great tool but faaaar from broken.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Smoke's smoke bomb is -9 on block and can be back dashed. I full combo punish b23~Smoke Bomb with Cage 99% of the time. Also Smoke bomb is easily jumpable into deep jk for a punish. There is a reason Smoke is outside of top 5 even with a reset. His smoke bomb is a great tool but faaaar from broken.
watchout now you're gonna get attacked for telling him he's wrong :(

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I was gonna say that Smoke builds more meter from full screen shakes and whiffed air grabs than smoke bombs but his head would explode.
oh dood that would certainly overload him. ;)

i honestly wasnt even trying to be a dick the first post i did, but his reply all defensively with stupid things that everyone that plays the game should know about. it's irritating seeing ppl post bitching about stuff when they dont even understand it

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
I was gonna say that Smoke builds more meter from full screen shakes and whiffed air grabs than smoke bombs but his head would explode.
im not shamed to say sorry if i sounded like a mad dude or somthing but this totally wadnt my intention, its just i hate it when i discuss something and people blame somthing else.anyways, being -9 is only punishable by small portion of the cast, which makes it partially safe, that was my point

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
im not shamed to say sorry if i sounded like a mad dude or somthing but this totally wadnt my intention, its just i hate it when i discuss something and people blame somthing else.anyways, being -9 is only punishable by small portion of the cast, which makes it partially safe, that was my point
its actually -13 sir

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
That would make current Smoke OP as hell... 14 frame mid and a low? I love Smoke but that is broken af
yeah lets avoid making him broken. I say he needs a cartwheel, and lets make the enhanced version have armor, not too much, maybe like 20 frames or so of armor. and lets make it like -3 or -4. ITS NOT BROKEN IF ITS NEGATIVE!

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
in all seriousness, more than half the cast has a standing normal or special that is 9 frames or faster. realistically, only a small portion of the cast cant truly punish an opponent at -9, even then they atleast get free pressure.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
you guys saying keep the hair are joking right? besides that a low starter sounds reasonable. i dont see any reason to fuck with smoke bomb or shake.
the hair is a case of good idea, bad execution they would need to make it a bit longer, make it into strands rather than a solid mass and have the ends fade away into smoke. if they do it right it would come out very badass and original.

to play the type of smoke i want to play, hes gonna need quick and long strings that focus on changing hit levels and stunning them long enough to switch sides.i think the cross up(?) abilities would make a good replacement to his resets.

i even thought of a couple simple moves to help this rush down style

smoke rush- a quicker version of the smoke towards, it ducks highs and instead of passing through it just slams into them, but stuns and is used to start combos.

empty air- does a fake smoke away, looks similar to how it would look if you did it against a wall

brutal chimney(named as requested) - punches the ground, geyser of steam appears behind the opponent temporarily blocking off escape.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Aesthetic changes:

- better hair physics if they keep it long (which they should). With the proper physics I guarantee all of the haters that call him troll or Christopher Walken would probably like it or at least be neutral.

- If the hair ends up being short, rip off Rikkimaru from Tenchu: Stealth Assassins.

- Less bulky and buff looking. He's supposed to be the fast, cunning type, not a fucking weight lifting brute. A Smoke with huge muscles doesn't suit his playstyle or his archetype.

- less metal armor. He should have a lot of cloth. Smoke shouldn't be concerned with getting hit considering he relies on deception and stealth, therefore, no need for armor plating.

- for an alt or variation, give him a loose fitting hood, a long scarf, a front and back hanging sash. Make his clothes move like mist or smoke, like an enenra from Japanese folklore.

Gameplay:

- take away reset.

- give him an ice clone style defensive move with a back dash. Like Stinky Cloud from MKD.

- make regular smoke bomb cause opponent to fall quickly not allowing for a full combo. EX smoke bomb should stay he same.

- give teleport the option of mixing up 2nd hit. Hold down for second hit to come from above as an overhead or don't hold down and do normal teleport. Overhead variation more punishable and more negative frames.

- EX smoke away/towards should have the option of faking out (appear to move one direction but go the other way or stay in the same spot depending on direction.

- tone down pop up style combos. Focus more on knockdowns, leave standing, oki game. Faster normals with more emphasis on mind games and deception than long, slow juggles.

- change airthrow. Smoke should instead run up opponents body and kick them in the head knocking them down directly underneath him allowing for a combo (only when not combo'd into).

- invisibility should increase walk speed/reduce stamina depletion. EX should increase walk speed/increase meter build.

- parry X-Ray.