What's new

Question if smoke makes it in MK10 what changes do you want to see?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
- No reset.

- regular smoke bomb knocks down. EX smoke bomb provides full launch.

- shake absorbs projectiles. MB shake does what the regular shake does in Mortal Kombat 9.

- teleport punch has recovery frames on whiff.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Depending on how that "variation" thing works.

I would like a classic MK3 Smoke.
Though basically just an alt version of Scorpion with all the flames replaced with smoke, and some random differences in properties.

MK9 Human Smoke was cool, but I miss the MK3 version kinda.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
to me MK3/cyborg smoke was just that dude that kept popping up in the middle of my selection screen. i think i got to play him once. so i cant really comment on him

as far as a demon smoke i could imagine him as really whipsy/see through with long floating hair and red glowing eyes, essiantlly he would looked like one VERY pissed off ghost. playstyle would be rush down with longer range smoke aways and quick vicious combos

human smoke would look more like the current one with possibly a maskless option showing off his more bishounen look, normal gravity hair, and play a more tactical style

for cyborg smoke....well to be honest to me MK3/cyborg smoke was just that dude that kept popping up in the middle of my selection screen. i think i got to play him once. so i cant really comment on him

- teleport punch has recovery frames on whiff.
It already does? Duck and punish. Unless you're salty about telepunch whiff after knockdown for oki, but that's actually a pretty shitty strategy for smoke for a few reasons. I don't understand this one.

And if we're nerfing shake to useless tier then smoke's gonna need some armor.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Smoke's shake should not only absorb projectiles, but also allow users to phase through them by canceling the shake with precise timing.

EX Shake should stay the same.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
And in case anybody didn't realize, Smoke is a fucked up character in every game he's ever appeared in except maybe Armageddon.

SZSR

Noob
-No Resets, AT ALL

-Turn Shake into what Raven's Projectile absorb is

-Turn EX Shake into two type of parry, if it parries projectiles then do what Shake does now, if it parries physical moves, then you get a combo starter (something along the lines of Liu Kangs or Cyber Sub-Zero's EX Parry)

Keep in mind EX Shake still loses to these moves: http://testyourmight.com/threads/properties-of-f4-ex-smoke-bomb-shake-ex-shake-general-meter-building-data.9680/#post-272782

-Cut the time that EX Shake can be held in half, to make it timing reliant

-Give him a UMK3 outfit

Last edited:
Fool, shake makes every projectile "useless tier". At least make the move require meter.
ok, but what about the parry property vs. normals on ex shake? Smoke's got no armor besides x-ray, so he needs that. As long as that's staying the same then whatever. Just let smoke build hella meter off a regular shake when he evades a projectile with it.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Hmmm mkd evil looking smoke, i liked his mksm look better than his mkd look. Reminded me too much like an evil power ranger lol.
I didn't like his mkd mask. Was thinking more of demon from his mk9 arcade ending and with mk10 being dark like mkd, we might get it.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Get his goddamn reset out of here, and at least make projectile trades less in his favour after a smoke bomb...I mean COME ON
Fix only ONE of these things.

Smoke is supposed to be a counter-zoner, so projectile trades should be in his favor. Whether he gets 80% dmg out of this trade, is a different conversation..... :DOGE

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
all you gotta do to get rid of the resets is to revert him back to before they existed; back to pre-first patch where jump kick > smoke bomb combos.

:DOGE

Your move TYM

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Smoke needs more:
  • Hair; hair whip command grab should be IN
  • Armor
  • Hit-confirmable strings
  • Safety on smoke away/towards
  • Advantage on pokes/shake cancel
  • Chip damage on his projectile
  • Ability to occupy space on the screen
Smoke needs less:
  • Negative frames on ex teleport
  • Ridiculous damage from resets
  • Startup frames on his standing jab
  • Startup frames on his uppercut

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
all you gotta do to get rid of the resets is to revert him back to before they existed; back to pre-first patch where jump kick > smoke bomb combos.

:DOGE

Your move TYM
Or MK2 Costume only Air Throw~EX SB for the reset and then don't inlcude the costume. :DOGE