What's new

Question if smoke makes it in MK10 what changes do you want to see?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
- No reset.

- regular smoke bomb knocks down. EX smoke bomb provides full launch.

- shake absorbs projectiles. MB shake does what the regular shake does in Mortal Kombat 9.

- teleport punch has recovery frames on whiff.
You just made him a bottom 5 character with the smoke bomb changes alone. I thought you understood fighting games?

So give a counter zoner a projectile that forces him to be a rushdown character since it does 0 chip and you need to hit-confirm it into a combo for extremely below average damage with meter. Especially given that Smoke does not have very good hit-confirmable strings.

b23 is a difficult hit-confirm
214 does not cancel into bomb unless it is used as anti-air or in the corner
21 is a punish string not a hit-confirm string

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
You just made him a bottom 5 character with the smoke bomb changes alone. I thought you understood fighting games?

So give a counter zoner a projectile that forces him to be a rushdown character since it does 0 chip and you need to hit-confirm it into a combo for extremely below average damage with meter. Especially given that Smoke does not have very good hit-confirmable strings.

b23 is a difficult hit-confirm
214 does not cancel into bomb unless it is used as anti-air or in the corner
21 is a punish string not a hit-confirm string
Why do you respond to M2Dave honestly? Dude says of the most ridiculous shit on this website. Just leave him be.

Also, I'd rather have Cyborg Smoke than long hair smoke. I always thought the white hair look was incredibly lame. Thank god for his second costume or I might have never have used him in MK9.

RiBBz22

Why do you respond to M2Dave honestly? Dude says of the most ridiculous shit on this website. Just leave him be.

Also, I'd rather have Cyborg Smoke than long hair smoke. I always thought the white hair look was incredibly lame. Thank god for his second costume or I might have never have used him in MK9.
I have been a champion of a long-haired Cyborg Smoke for a very long time and I would welcome this with open arms.

I know m2dave is trolling, but believe it or not some people on here probably believe some of the stuff that he writes. Plus I have sworn an oath to defend Smoke and all of his mains on TYM.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Make smoke towards and away not physically attack-able.
Yes I pretty much want all the buffs to his smoke away,

Imagine him doing a small combo send the opponent reeling-> smoke away - similar combo and that would keep happening until you blocked his next attack and was able to punish and escape

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
- Hitbox on smoke bomb should take up 50% of the screen/startup is 10 frames
- Can smoke towards/away as long as you want while fully invincible
- Unblockable x-ray with 5 frame startup
- Bigger hitbox on standing 2
- 3 2 is mid-low, so you have to guess whether to block oh or low after blocking 3
- Shake counters every attack in the game & you can hold it indefinitely

Sounds fair....

RiBBz22

- Hitbox on smoke bomb should take up 50% of the screen/startup is 10 frames
- Can smoke towards/away as long as you want while fully invincible
- Unblockable x-ray with 5 frame startup
- Bigger hitbox on standing 2
- 3 2 is mid-low, so you have to guess whether to block oh or low after blocking 3
- Shake counters every attack in the game & you can hold it indefinitely

Sounds fair....
You sound like a man I can be a best friend to

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Fix only ONE of these things.

Smoke is supposed to be a counter-zoner, so projectile trades should be in his favor. Whether he gets 80% dmg out of this trade, is a different conversation..... :DOGE
So you're saying he should either get free 80% combos or 40% combos? I think it's obvious which is rational lol

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
ok, but what about the parry property vs. normals on ex shake? Smoke's got no armor besides x-ray, so he needs that. As long as that's staying the same then whatever. Just let smoke build hella meter off a regular shake when he evades a projectile with it.
If they fixed Smoke's EX port to where it had 1 frame start up and full invincibility then he wouldn't need armor...

Also to all you dumbasses who say Smoke's shake needs a nerf.... gtfo.....Seriously he needs it... pretty bad...

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
He needs it because you Smoke players are bad.

You fools want to ignore zoning.
i don't think anyone gets a fighting game thinking they want to be held at full screen, to me zoning is tolerated less than wanted and anyone that was given the option of ignoring projectile spam would.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
so he can be punished instead of spamming smoke bombs, no projectile especially those who launch at hit and give u free combo should be safe on block at least at close range. just like cyrax`s net and subby`s iceblast.

got it now?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
More interesting looking animations, longer strings, more useful strings, no resets, lower hitbox.

O, and a low starter! :DOGE

you guys saying keep the hair are joking right? besides that a low starter sounds reasonable. i dont see any reason to fuck with smoke bomb or shake.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
SB and Shake are perfectly allright. Dont wanna sound like i want MOAR BUFFZ but they should do something about E-Teleport, because its utter useless.