What's new

If NRS removed the ability to cancel pokes on block......

who do you think?

• Total voters

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
lol everyone is saying shinnok, at least he would be able to zone and mix, goro is literally done, no d1 pw or dw tick throw. RIP
Yeah I feel people are reading the questions as "who whi.be glad to see it removed from the most" rather than "who will be hurt if it's removed the most"

In fairness I originally went Shinnok too till somebody made me think again

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Cancelling pokes on block is completely fine imho. But I would like to make every poke on block at least -4
-4 is too low, they should all be -6. Reptile and Kitana mashing out their dumb -3 pokes is extremely annoying, they also have very little blockstun so you pretty much HAVE to be prepared if you want to counter poke, if you try to counter poke too late against that slimey pos then you'll probably get nicked by his 9f launching mid.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Cancelling pokes on block is completely fine imho. But I would like to make every poke on block at least -4
I don't know

I know i also do this too, but if my D3 is - 4 and my D1 is 6f start up that would mean my opponent would need a 10 frame mid to actually stop me from pressing poke into poke. I don't believe an answer to beat a poke should always be a poke

Now to trade all pokes being at least -6 I would make sure they are all really plus on hit so non of just being +3 on hit

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I don't know

I know i also do this too, but if my D3 is - 4 and my D1 is 6f start up that would mean my opponent would need a 10 frame mid to actually stop me from pressing poke into poke. I don't believe an answer to beat a poke should always be a poke

Now to trade all pokes being at least -6 I would make sure they are all really plus on hit so non of just being +3 on hit
With liu kang's new 7f d1, and his d3 being +1 on block, having a 6f d1 at most allows the opponent to get a trade. Without 6f d1 you have to hold d3 into d1 xD

I can't believe Liu's d3 is still like that.

Wigy

There it is...
I think certain pokes just need more recovery frames. Not so much a cancel adv issue.

Some of the most neg ones you can hammer really quick on block.

TamedLizard

Buff George
-4 is too low, they should all be -6. Reptile and Kitana mashing out their dumb -3 pokes is extremely annoying, they also have very little blockstun so you pretty much HAVE to be prepared if you want to counter poke, if you try to counter poke too late against that slimey pos then you'll probably get nicked by his 9f launching mid.
God I love Reptile.
#D3D3B2forPresident2020

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
First NRS got the jump ins nerfed, and now you...

Are you asking for pokes and footsies nerf?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
have people forgotten about dat dank d4,d3,d1 into flame aura with scorpion? dat shit is stupid
The cancel advantage on Scorpion's D1 and D3 are like 4 frames maximum. If you fail to interrupt either D1 or D3 on block cancelled into flame aura (which takes 18 frames to start up) then you are either trying to counterpoke with an extremely slow move or you are complete Pringles at the game.

Wigy

There it is...
Imo. No mid special should be less than -6 unless its slow or costs a bar.

So we dont have the stupidity of d1 dragon roar or d4 throat slice etc

The cancel advantage on Scorpion's D1 and D3 are like 4 frames maximum. If you fail to interrupt either D1 or D3 on block cancelled into flame aura (which takes 18 frames to start up) then you are either trying to counterpoke with an extremely slow move or you are complete Pringles at the game.
but you're not gonna want to poke scorpion back, u would want to block his poke and take ur turn to atleast get a block string lol

Jupe

Noob
Id say goro or cyber kano. their poke into special mixup forces their opponent to respect the follow up and gives them a mix up opportunity at minus frames that they wouldnt have at high level of play

ryublaze

Noob
True but d3 flame aura when spaced out makes a lot of pokes whiff. You also have to take into account reaction time when trying to counterpoke.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Shinnok, Tempest, Hellfire, Butcher and War God as those that come to mind

Shinnok as a whole character would be hurt the most, but Hellfire would be as a variation

Last edited:

shura30

Shura
canceled pokes are fine if it's ticks (and jason gets a patch)
they should be used to catch people trying to counterpoke BUT NOT launch them and staying safe at the same time

a lot of moves could use a few more negative frames on block and less pushback, this is the real cancer in this meta

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
but you're not gonna want to poke scorpion back, u would want to block his poke and take ur turn to atleast get a block string lol
That's what I mean, pretty sure most characters have a fast enough normal interrupt it, I didn't just mean counterpoking with an actual poke.
True but d3 flame aura when spaced out makes a lot of pokes whiff. You also have to take into account reaction time when trying to counterpoke.
Sounds like oddly specific spacing for that to happen consistently but I know you've played Slips a lot who likes his pokes into Flame Aura a lot so I won't discount that it CAN happen lol. I'll look into it.