What's new

If NRS removed the ability to cancel pokes on block......

who do you think?

• Total voters

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Which Character would be hurt the most?

Now I'm not saying they should ever remove the ability to do it, but at the same time I can see why it can be frowned upon as in why give away your guaranteed pressure if it hits.

I have being guilty of using it with SD myself but this thread is not to talk about is it scrubby or not, should it be removed or not (which is not happening) but to theorise for fun on which character would suffer the most.

Even though there is a poll, let us know who you choose.

Note: I know most are variation dependent but I'm just going to name chars as full to cover the spectrum.

Also it's only on block so any combo that requires a poke xx special will still work.

IrishMantis

As an Injustice player this thread feels like a personal attack against me. :DOGE

But on topic not being able to do pokes into command grabs could mess up those sorta characters in MKX.

So instead of one character I'd say it would be a sub archetype of characters. Grapplers.
But which grappler the most? :p

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Removing the general mechanic of canceling pokes into specials would put another nail in the coffin for Balanced Kenshi. Same with Stunt Double.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I can see it hitting Shinnok pretty hard. D4~hellsparks is a much reviled space creating tool and instills a lot of respect when it comes to counterpoking Shinnok, as best case scenario you can try and punish regular hellsparks, which is pretty difficult for many characters. Worst case you've just eaten 25% into a restand or are fullscreen to start getting zoned again.

Goro also gets that level of respect with d1~punch walk. I use it a lot myself with Venomous D'vorah, and it's literally the only way I get respect from Kitana's d1, hit or block.

I dunno whoever has the most tick throws off pokes/less tick throws off strings?

I ain't about that grappler life so I dunno.
I think that would be Sun God Kotal. Without his pokes, his only tick throws are off highs. Maybe Goro? I don't really know his tick throws, but I can only remember seeing it off pokes. Commando, Jason, Wrestler, and Erron Black all have ticks off of either a mid or a string. Feel like I might be forgetting someone though...

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Technically Poke xx Cmd grab is not a true tick throw

It's more of a cmd grab cancel

A true tick throw would have to have the exact same timing off block and hit and it's never off a cancel

Like the same applies to Cmd grab chars on my above statement as in you should never rely on poke xx Cmd grab IMO

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
i guess my first choice would be shinnok since, ya know, d4xxHS.

But i can see Goro being hurt by that as well for not being able to cancel his godlike pokes into PW.

however, i've been campaigning against special cancellable pokes for god knows how long that i dont really care if your character gets hurt. That shit is obnoxious to watch, especially in MKX.