What's new

If MK took on Street Fighter - who would have to give in more?

Who would have to "bend" more to the other's standard?

• WB/NRS would bend to Capcom/SF

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Capcom/SF would bend to WB/NRS

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
MK x SF
SF x MK

Everyone wins.

In the event that there will only be one game, I think it is between Capcom, WB, and how much they really want the money. I do think the Fatalities will be neutered on the dismemberment, but maybe the massive blood production could remain?
No... if NRS is going to do another crossover do it right.

Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct - it's putting two worlds together that make sense putting together.

E

Eldriken

I keep hoping this would happen, but I also would rather MK vs KI
I would rather that as well. A whole hell of a lot less stress for both developers for sure. A lot less conditions would have to be changed for MK vs KI compared to MK vs SF.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The only thing MK vs SF would have up on MK vs DC is 2D, instead of 3D.

Let's face it... Boon just wants Daigo to play one of his games. ;) (that would be amazing)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
MK would have to bend to SF. No way will you see fatalities happening to certain characters, or being performed by them.

I could see it being a lot like SFxT and it would be MK fighters converted to an SF style, and not the other way round :(
I'm still waiting on TxSF because I'm curious how they will incorporate projectile specials into a largely non-projectile game. Plus I want to see the designs.

SF in an MK style would be interesting to see too, but seeing as Capcom is probably the most stingy with their with their IPs, I very much doubt it.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Injustice kinda feels like MK vs SF in terms of playstyle... Remove interactables and increase the walkspeed and the general gameplay is what I would picture the game being like.

Dashes aren't kancellable like in SF but inputs are dialed like in MK. Kinda seems like a kross to me...

Back to block as well with Anti-Airs that fit neutral ground (not invincible like in SF but not exactly like MK)

Pressure is also a mix between MK and SF. More plus moves like in SF but strings remain. (Though SF is more rhythmic.)

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Isn't Capcom supposedly broke? I'm confused on how a company can put out fairly decent to excellent games struggles if it is.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
Unfortunately a lot of people are forgetting the financial side to this, Nether-realm got way more money in the bank and injustice already looks like a MK/SF crossover. There is 0% chance of fatalities at all. They also both have to agree on the the way they will make the game look graphic wise. I also don't see this ever happening anyways.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'd love to see MK characters in an SF engine more than the other way around for some reason.
I think if an SF/MK crossover did happen, NRS should definitely follow Capcom's lead when it comes to the fighting engines, but Capcom should let NRS do the rest as far as single player content, alt costume designs, stage designs, special move ideas, and all the jazz/flair that makes MK so awesome. I really think a combination of Capcom's fighting game knowledge and NRS's support and fan appreciation could make something very very special.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
With Street Fighter rated T for Teen and Mortal Kombat rated M for Mature, it's easy to see who would have to sacrifice more in order to satisfy both sides. Sup, MK vs. DC?

Crossovers do not work if you mesh together realms that don't make sense, and while I did love the idea of an MK/DC crossover, it was poorly executed gameplay-wise. I didn't think NRS would want to risk crossovers again after that...but then they throw in guest characters for MK9 and Injustice. -_-

To be fair, Freddy and Kratos did sort of make sense for MK9 judging by their original design and the dark nature of the MK world. Putting Scorpion in Injustice, however...well, we all remember the backlash that came about. :(