What's new

If MK took on Street Fighter - who would have to give in more?

Who would have to "bend" more to the other's standard?

• WB/NRS would bend to Capcom/SF

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Capcom/SF would bend to WB/NRS

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Guys, for a second I thought that it wasn't even a debate that Capcom would have their way with the game but then I made quick realization.

It's not NRS they'd be dealing with.
Capcom is a big video game company and a powerhouse in the fighting game industry but......

We're talking Warner Brothers
The 2 companies aren't even on the same level people. Hell Capcom is facing monetary issues right now as is.

Video Game publisher< One of the most massive Media Giants

NHDR

Noob
I would LOVE SF x MK. Put all of the MK9 roster in the Street Fighter engine, take out fatalities but make the game dark, more violent, and not cartoonish like SF4. I'd keep fatalities if possible but we know Capcom won't be down for that. Would be the best game ever if done properly.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
DC vs Marvel, but make it absolutely nothing like Marvel.................

Reactions: Mst

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'd be on board for SF vs. MK. Fuck man, why not?

That said, it'd really be a give and take. MK would have to cede more ground in its aesthetics - as everyone knows, there's not going to be any SF characters getting killed - but gameplay wise, Street Fighter would be giving up more. The MK cast just has crazier, weirder moves.

If it did come to pass, I'd really like to see a project done in the same manner that Capcom's crossovers with SNK went, or their crossover with Namco. Each company got to take their turns with the others' IPs and make their own side of the game (even if Namco is waiting until SFxT has been forgotten for their turn), and it wound up producing some neat projects and unique blends of the material. If an MK vs. SF project managed to produce a game at the level of quality CvS2 had, that would be something very special indeed.