What's new

If MK took on Street Fighter - who would have to give in more?

Who would have to "bend" more to the other's standard?

• WB/NRS would bend to Capcom/SF

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Capcom/SF would bend to WB/NRS

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

haketh

Noob
I think if an SF/MK crossover did happen, NRS should definitely follow Capcom's lead when it comes to the fighting engines, but Capcom should let NRS do the rest as far as single player content, alt costume designs, stage designs, special move ideas, and all the jazz/flair that makes MK so awesome. I really think a combination of Capcom's fighting game knowledge and NRS's support and fan appreciation could make something very very special.
That would be the best way to do it IMO.

I don't know why people don't wanna see something like this, yeah the two universes don't really gell with each other btu that would make it all the more fun. Seeing the MK characters way out of their element would be great. And fuck, who doesn't wanna see Bison and Shao Khan try to out swag each other in evil.

What if... each respective universe gets their own gameplay mechanics... MK chars can juggle and dial-in their combos, and SF chars can link d1's into whatever they feel like.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Injustice kinda feels like MK vs SF in terms of playstyle... Remove interactables and increase the walkspeed and the general gameplay is what I would picture the game being like.

Dashes aren't kancellable like in SF but inputs are dialed like in MK. Kinda seems like a kross to me...

Back to block as well with Anti-Airs that fit neutral ground (not invincible like in SF but not exactly like MK)

Pressure is also a mix between MK and SF. More plus moves like in SF but strings remain. (Though SF is more rhythmic.)
Absolutely. I have thought about this a lot after the launch of Injustice. Injustice is effectively a mash between the two fighting systems. I imagine the game would lean towards and animated art style, and lose a little blood and definitely lose fatalities.. but who cares? It would be worth it to see this clash of the titans. Seeing NRS incorporate a system where multiple styles of inputs could be used lends itself really really well to a possible mash up. I think the game could actually be good. Will it ever happen? I dunno.. but I am totally on board if it does.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Absolutely. I have thought about this a lot after the launch of Injustice. Injustice is effectively a mash between the two fighting systems. I imagine the game would lean towards and animated art style, and lose a little blood and definitely lose fatalities.. but who cares? It would be worth it to see this clash of the titans. Seeing NRS incorporate a system where multiple styles of inputs could be used lends itself really really well to a possible mash up. I think the game could actually be good. Will it ever happen? I dunno.. but I am totally on board if it does.
Thats supposed to say "effectively a half assed mash between the two fighting systems" .. you know.. NRS's attempt to appeal to capcom fans.

Well, if Ed Boon is pursuing Capcom, then it would probably be NRS caving more than Capcom, right? It is kind of hard to plead with Capcom to make a cross-over game and then play hardball during the subsequent negotiations.

jetgreen13

i'm your huckleberry..
Capcom will bend there rears more since they are almost bankrupt with only 150m in the bank.
that's the second time i've heard that.. how in the pluck can that be possible?? honestly, it's sounds like an urban legend to me.. that said, if it was done right, as in both sides compromising, it would be epic!!

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
It's tricky to describe my vision, but i'll give it a try. I think they should keep the general cartoon asthetic of ST (it would be better if it was MVC3's), but while having more "realistic" models and a color scheme similar to Injustice's (It'd fit better with MK as it's not as bright). Remove the Finish Him! the game would have to be rated T, and we all saw how cool T rated fatalitys were. It would be cool to keep babalitys and/or friendships, maybe "canceling" the last hit into the friendship motion would triger it instead of the winning pose, provided certain requirements are met. The announcer should be MK's. The key to the gameplay would be taking aspects from both, but making it feel as it's own separate game. Make it back to block, but give it dash cancels, chain combo, but MK's jugle's, give us a breaker and focus cancel. I'm just talking from the bat there, you have to play with things to test how it feels, but i bet you get the idea. I think it could be an amazing game, if done right. I know MK would have to give and adapt more, but only in what is asthetics and gimicks, in what is gameplay it could really be a mix of both while being completely different to either one of them. I'm not sure if we'll ever see it, nor even if i would like it if it did get made, but only the announcement of it would be SO MUCH HYPE, because even when it doesn't exist, it will always BE the ultimate fighting game cross-over.

i remember boon saying an mk vs sf where both sides keep their own mechanics (and maybe grahics?) would be cool, and i agree on that.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
I would rather see MK10 made by someone that actually knows about fighting game mechanics, Im kinda getting tired of this scrubs working on the games I love.

SF vs MK made by capcom
MK vs SF made by Nanco, SNK or DHGs.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Mk vs sf would be hated by mk players because sf playrrs would finally have their way in making mk like sf after 21 years. It would be mire shit than mk vs dc.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Marvel vs. DC would be so damn good, but I would hate it if it was done like the MvC series.

But I'm sure guys who like MvC3 would hate it if the game was NRS style...

DarkPage

Noob
man i cant even like imagine this happening. like... it seems too strange and on polar opposites of the spectrum