What's new

Question If Bane was good, would you use him?

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
if by traps you mean wakeup only command grab setups, Shazam has the exact same thing..
Yeah but we have to burn meter to get decent damage you don't have to, just trait up, also to get massive damage from it we put them out of the corner, bane can keep them in the corner.

I'm not downplaying Shazam or trying to say they're similar in many ways, Just saying bane isn't half bad tbf, I've played him quite a bit lately after watching you @ CG and he's pretty fun & good, still could do with more I admit though.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Yeah but we have to burn meter to get decent damage you don't have to, just trait up, also to get massive damage from it we put them out of the corner, bane can keep them in the corner.

I'm not downplaying Shazam or trying to say they're similar in many ways, Just saying bane isn't half bad tbf, I've played him quite a bit lately after watching you @ CG and he's pretty fun & good, still could do with more I admit though.
Burning meter isn't a problem in Injustice considering how fast you build it. i'm not saying Bane is bad, but he is still low tier, i'm seeing this kind of discussion far too often, if people want to prove Bane isn't total ass, the only way you can do that is to take Bane to a tournament with decent players present and place well.

beating online randoms in ranked and beating tournament players playing high tier characters are two completely different things.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Burning meter isn't a problem in Injustice considering how fast you build it. i'm not saying Bane is bad, but he is still low tier, i'm seeing this kind of discussion far too often, if people want to prove Bane isn't total ass, the only way you can do that is to take Bane to a tournament with decent players present and place well.

beating online randoms in ranked and beating tournament players playing high tier characters are two completely different things.
You're right building meter isn't too bad, but I find for someone who relies heavily on it for setups Shazam doesn't build it as fast as I'd like him to :( Meh.

But yeah I get what you're saying, I don't think he's ready for top 8 in any major let alone most tournaments with decent players but he's good no doubt!

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
You're right building meter isn't too bad, but I find for someone who relies heavily on it for setups Shazam doesn't build it as fast as I'd like him to :( Meh.

But yeah I get what you're saying, I don't think he's ready for top 8 in any major let alone most tournaments with decent players but he's good no doubt!
Bane is good, but has matchups so bad that every Bane NEEDS a secondary if they don't want to get effortlessly counterpicked out of every tournament.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Yea, you're right. I went to a tournament this past Saturday and went 4-2. Lost to 2 Green Lanterns...:(

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Bane is good, but has matchups so bad that every Bane NEEDS a secondary if they don't want to get effortlessly counterpicked out of every tournament.
Still struggling on finding that secondary and I know I need one. I know I should pick someone who can zone a bit but I just don't click with any of them :(

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Still struggling on finding that secondary and I know I need one. I know I should pick someone who can zone a bit but I just don't click with any of them :(
personally i think Black Adam or KF are good secondaries for us Bane users, we need a counter zoner to deal with our hardest matchups, which are hard because they can keep Bane out very easily.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
personally i think Black Adam or KF are good secondaries for us Bane users, we need a counter zoner to deal with our hardest matchups, which are hard because they can keep Bane out very easily.
Why not go with supes or aquaman, they can both counterzone pretty well and are retardedly good too

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Why not go with supes or aquaman, they can both counterzone pretty well and are retardedly good too
those too then, a character who doesn't struggle against:

Superman
Batman
Sinestro
Black Adam

his hardest MU's imo.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
those too then, a character who doesn't struggle against:

Superman
Batman
Sinestro
Black Adam

his hardest MU's imo.
Well as far as I know most of those characters dont have similar bad matchups I think so I would say it would be better to just pick one of those four, imo I would go with supes if I was a bane main so I can have a easy secondary character and still focus on my main

LEGI0N47

I've played with KF a bit and do OK, lot of good tools when i can pull them off. I've had success with GA a bit as well but feel some match ups that are hard for Bane are almost as hard with him, at least for me. I'm sure someone will would tell me I'm doing it wrong.

AcidGlow

ULTRAAA COMBOOO!!!
Remove Bane's double palm attack.. F+1 why is such a slow move on a weak attack button.. Tons of frames until it hits and the recovery is aweful.. it serves no purpose and sometimes i get it trying to to the headbutt.. X_X

LEGI0N47

Only thing I've achieved off of F1 is hitting a short jump in or using it off a launch or bounce in practice to see what it does. When they're aired it causes a nasty splat, think it's a hard knockdown, not sure though need to test that. But it lands them a bit far and is not worth it for damage and the speed is horendous. The only bonus I can see is there is no stupid flex animation so you can dash right in.

Makes me wonder if it can be used against dast attacks since it has the nice stagger to it?

That's what I'm saying! :eek:

I wouldn't mind if it were faster than 21 frames either...
I don't think it needs to be faster. The range is incredible. If it were faster and safe on block, it would probably be OP as fuck with lvl 3 venom. You could punish anything from half screen lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't think it needs to be faster. The range is incredible. If it were faster and safe on block, it would probably be OP as fuck with lvl 3 venom. You could punish anything from half screen lol
If it were safe and had armor on all Venom levels it'd be too godlike lol.

Too legit mang