What's new

Question If Bane was good, would you use him?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
With NRS entertaining the idea of buffing Bane, and the possibility that it may happen in the next patch, I'd just like to ask TYM the title question:

If Bane were good, or at least viable, would you use him? Does his tools/tier placement discourage you from using him?

:)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Absolutely.

The only people in this DC based galaxy I cared about before its release were Bane, Doomsday and Deathstroke.
However, I said to myself before even the demo was available that I wasn't going to let attachment weigh me down, and I would simply do as the REO 's and CD jr 's of the world do, seek the best characters the roster had to offer, and grind until I knew them forward and backwards.
But I was very much holding out hope that the two of them would fall into the top tier.

It was inevitable that characters like Doom and Deathstroke, a heavy zoner built in a game reliant on heavy zoning and a monster on the same tier as Superman as far as canon strength and fury, would rank highly among the roster, so I lucked out with them.
But I felt the minute I saw the Bane gameplay that the luchador was not going to be very high on the list at first, so after the first week or two of being proven right, I detoxed myself off of the venom. And it sucked. I WANTED Bane to be tops, I wanted him to be good more than anyone in the cast. I think I was one of the first on TYM to start clamoring for assurance he'd be in the cast. But he needs help.
It's not that he's BAD - Venom is a severe game changer, and he's no one you EVER want to be within close range of - it's just hes fallen more in the category of a Jade - as THTB once sort of said, an honest character in a world of comparatively overpowered monsters.

Take away the side effects of Lv. 1 & 2 Venom and give him a Dark Knight Rises skin, and he'll be my tertiary by tomorrow.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
btw his tier placement doesnt discourage me, its just he relies on his trait to much for combos

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
This game's tier placement discussions are a joke in the first place. So many people regurgitating garbage coming out of other people's mouths.

I think the majority of Bane players that stuck around should have a decent pocket character to counter pick their own weaknesses.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This game's tier placement discussions are a joke in the first place. So many people regurgitating garbage coming out of other people's mouths.

I think the majority of Bane players that stuck around should have a decent pocket character to counter pick their own weaknesses.
I have four. :16Bit

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I have four. :16Bit
I have zero.
I can't be helped to figure out any other characters. All my combos on superman end up with me trying to do a d.b.f.3 and finding out he has a pansy command list which lacks such manly motions.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
My wife and I like to play 1v1 in this game, and my Nightwing is better than her Catwoman, so I'm using Bane as a secondary character for casual play only. If he were better, I might spend time learning him seriously, but at the moment I seem him best as casual play only.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
ofcourse yes, I wanted to bane as main but disappointment was great, anyway, sometimes I still use bane in matches against aquaman, GL y ds, but requires a LOT of patience and concentration to win only a few fights

Reactions: RYX

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I hope Bane gets some help. With that said, he's my #1 in this game. I still use Batman and The Joker because I'm a Batman fan in general. But, Bane is my main regardless.

TimTim

Don't Hate
If he were Dark Knight Rises tier destroying batman. Hell yeah.
I even play him now on occasion.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Besides those who flock top-tiers I don't see how making Bane better will make someone use him more or not.

What WOULD make people play him more is if he were braindead easy.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
I love Bane right now, knowing that he has very limited tools. I use him, Sinestro and Lex. Sinestro and Lex are fun to play, but landing a combo with Bane it's even more enjoyable. It whould be nice if NRS buff him, and I whould use him even more

I would use Bane again as my main. As it stands I've been hunting around for other characters but none of them are as satisfying as the Big Man.

No. I would drop him if he was good. I wanna be unique and play bad characters :hipster:

Of course i would!

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2