What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
If it will help me know what to do fighting DS, I'll take my chances. I've only been playing the character for a about a week so any matchup knowledge will help.

DarksydeDash

I have been. :) However, why do some many tourny players air zod charge in as soon as trait is up? The trait doesn't let you use it till you start falling from the air and by that time you can be punished.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have been. :) However, why do some many tourny players air zod charge in as soon as trait is up? The trait doesn't let you use it till you start falling from the air and by that time you can be punished.
It's completely MU dependent

Vs dd as soon I knock him, trait up then recover he will probably do MB venom so I ZC land and whiff punish or do 50/50 mix up w laser

Also it's a free way to get out of the corner

Many ZOD players don't talk about this but if you're a certain distance when trait is up and do immediate air ZC not ground u will land above their head and they will block the wrong way allowing the trait slap to hit because it becomes a cross up. Doing this and knowing the distance in which it will cross up or not is important

Also against characters like CW, MMH and some who have fast advancing b3 MBthat will blow up normal ZC setups this is best to do to avoid getting blown up ZOD charging in and u watch them lose a bar of meter

Again, it's very situational and MU dependent

Pig Of The Hut

Another example

Bane

wtf would u ZC toward this character w 2-3 hits of armor w venom on?

Or Grundy w WCC?

Against batman
Aerial ZC make bats whiff @DarksydeDash

DarksydeDash

Another example

Bane

wtf would u ZC toward this character w 2-3 hits of armor w venom on?

Or Grundy w WCC?

Against batman
Aerial ZC make bats whiff @DarksydeDash
Thing I would Zod Charge against bane is if I a YOLO charge. I would just zod charge out of there and get a free trait setup. As for Batman, if he whiffs a grapple while calling bats, will a zod charge be able to punish/pressure him since his bats will have whiffed?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
So here is what I gathered from this set of matches.

None of these were shutouts, even when they looked like they were going to be. I attribute this more to the caliber of players shown however.

The stage was tipped in Zod's favor, but the Globe looks like one of the better 'explosion' interractables, and of course DS had the advantage on the other half of the stage. I'd say they even out and aren't really a factor in this evaluation

The only real factor was lag, and I can't really comment on that.

That said, my statement kind of holds true. Deathstroke guns are more annoying than anything else. While they do do a ton of damage over time in a lot of these matches, they lack the prescence and dominating power of something like FTD. DS's pistols are precision tools; you have to guess where exactly Zod is going to be. If you don't, Zod gets Balls/trait/whatever and bad times ensue. There were a lot of instances where Zod could sneak in a Trait summon if he wanted to(and usually did) because DS guessed wrong about what Zod was going to do/ where he is. Once he did, he was able to close the gap just fine and the match shifted heavily in Zod's favor(as it does). I'm not gonna fault Deathstroke for falling for close range Zod with trait shenanigans; that happens to everyone. I did like when DS started using Machine Gun more. That seems like it might help out a bit in the match if you can sneak it in. Zod's not the fastest zoner, so DS can get away with it more.

And I'd say both sides are pretty much even at close range, maybe a slight bit more in DS's favor?

I suppose I'd give it 6-4 Zod's favor. DS guns can counter Zod zoning, but DS really has to be on point to stop all trait summons, balls, etc.

Pig Of The Hut

I have being maining Zod since he released

but how the fuck do you make f2 combo to trait grab at anytime not just the start???
Do this one first
4b12d4

Enter as a fast block string

Roll thumb across button 12 while holding back

U have to start all cancels w a swipe

So 4 f2 d4