What's new

General/Other I think Raven is is gonna be mid-low tier.

This is just a guess. I've been playing a lot with Batman, Black Adam, and Raven. Right now with Raven I find she has no options against rush down players. If someone blocks a soul crush up close or jumps over it you get punished. Her wake up options suck (that is if the game even feels like letting ou do a wake up attack). She doesn't appear to have any mixups in her game. She has one low and no overheads that combo (I think) so you can block low on her all day. The good zoners can easily outzone her. It's tough to even active her trait against a lot of zoners.

Before you flame me this is all speculation. I want to play as her but it is very difficult. I'm not great at the game but I am like 70-10 in ranked matches so I'm not useless.

Edit - I also think her movement sucks.
i agree, on the second look shes not as powerful as on the first, but the third look may change that again. im not predicting low tier though.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Apparently she can shut down zoning which is the #1 gimmick in this game from what I've seen so far?
I think she'll be top 5.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think she is good, but how good is never going to be determined until the game evolves. It sucks she can't use her teleport outside of her trait duration...kind of kills the element of surprise since you know when it will potentially be coming.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
Apparently she can shut down zoning which is the #1 gimmick in this game from what I've seen so far?
I think she'll be top 5.
People keep saying that she counters zoners so well but I don't see how when literally every zoner can just out range her moves. Her only move that can go full screen is the raven she shoots and its just your average projectile.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
This is just a guess. I've been playing a lot with Batman, Black Adam, and Raven. Right now with Raven I find she has no options against rush down players. If someone blocks a soul crush up close or jumps over it you get punished. Her wake up options suck (that is if the game even feels like letting ou do a wake up attack). She doesn't appear to have any mixups in her game. She has one low and no overheads that combo (I think) so you can block low on her all day. The good zoners can easily outzone her. It's tough to even active her trait against a lot of zoners.

Before you flame me this is all speculation. I want to play as her but it is very difficult. I'm not great at the game but I am like 70-10 in ranked matches so I'm not useless.

Edit - I also think her movement sucks.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
People keep saying that she counters zoners so well but I don't see how when literally every zoner can just out range her moves. Her only move that can go full screen is the raven she shoots and its just your average projectile.
In demon stance her lift becomes a full screen attack that pulls the opponent in and is -6 on block. If the opponent trades he gets pulled in and raven gets a free combo off it without having to mb.

Stchamps

In demon stance her lift becomes a full screen attack that pulls the opponent in and is -6 on block. If the opponent trades he gets pulled in and raven gets a free combo off it without having to mb.
I struggle to even get a Demon Stance off against some good players without eating at least one projectile.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
raven is a better ermac. She is ermac v2.0
It's annoying because she is so similar to Ermac, while I'm playing her I try to press db1 for Singularity and bf1 for Soul Crush. Too used to Ermac :confused: Than sometimes after Singularity I try to do jump kick teleport and I'm like oh yeah that's not this game lol

Stchamps

Find an opportunity and get into it. You can activate in the air and immediately air teleport and do an air attack.
Yea I try to but DS can just shoot me out of the air. Sinestro has that stupid unblockable overhead. You can't jump in the air and activate it against Joker's pistol shot - it still hits you. :(

These are just a few examples I can think of.

Blind_Ducky

Yea I try to but DS can just shoot me out of the air. Sinestro has that stupid unblockable overhead. You can't jump in the air and activate it against Joker's pistol shot - it still hits you. :(

These are just a few examples I can think of.
Then activate it. Take one hit. Then Trade with the pull and combo off it without using meter.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I haven't played her so I wouldn't know from personal experience but if people keep saying it, we might as well listen and wait for video / tutorial / evidence?

Stchamps

I haven't played her so I wouldn't know from personal experience but if people keep saying it, we might as well listen and wait for video / tutorial / evidence?
Yea I've tried watching some Ravens on streams and they just get pwned lol.

zaf

professor
It's annoying because she is so similar to Ermac, while I'm playing her I try to press db1 for Singularity and bf1 for Soul Crush. Too used to Ermac :confused: Than sometimes after Singularity I try to do jump kick teleport and I'm like oh yeah that's not this game lol
hahaha, yea im running into the same thing. that reminds me, i wanted to see if she could actually do jump kick teleports in demon stance.
Thanks ill go test that now lolol

Find an opportunity and get into it. You can activate in the air and immediately air teleport and do an air attack.
you can do that, but it is really predictable. The absolute best time i have found is on a knockdown from a special move.
You can use trait to get the demon form, and on a read to something you can still air teleport into j2.
I was reading a stream some where, Brady was like after an air teleport j2 is the best. And i do agree, its reach and hitbox are good.

Blind_Ducky

hahaha, yea im running into the same thing. that reminds me, i wanted to see if she could actually do jump kick teleports in demon stance.
Thanks ill go test that now lolol

you can do that, but it is really predictable. The absolute best time i have found is on a knockdown from a special move.
You can use trait to get the demon form, and on a read to something you can still air teleport into j2.
I was reading a stream some where, Brady was like after an air teleport j2 is the best. And i do agree, its reach and hitbox are good.
The predictability is good because then you can chip them for free with the pillars and the full screen pull because they're expecting a teleport. I agree with j2. Thats what I use everytime I do an air tele.

Reactions: zaf

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Dude Raven is good...

ImNewbieSauce lay the law down on these foo's!
Haha. I mean, for my tourney career and hipsterness i hope everyone sleeps on raven. But....well...shes awesome. I really dont know what else to say. Good damage, advantage strings and safe strings, low launcher, safe specials, stance tele, full screen safe pull ambiguous crossover j3...shes a beast. But by all means, make my life easier. I hope the raven community downplays harder than the reptile community. But no joke...shes very good. Albeit very ugly.