What's new

General/Other I think Raven is is gonna be mid-low tier.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
This is just a guess. I've been playing a lot with Batman, Black Adam, and Raven. Right now with Raven I find she has no options against rush down players. If someone blocks a soul crush up close or jumps over it you get punished. Her wake up options suck (that is if the game even feels like letting ou do a wake up attack). She doesn't appear to have any mixups in her game. She has one low and no overheads that combo (I think) so you can block low on her all day. The good zoners can easily outzone her. It's tough to even active her trait against a lot of zoners.

Before you flame me this is all speculation. I want to play as her but it is very difficult. I'm not great at the game but I am like 70-10 in ranked matches so I'm not useless.

Edit - I also think her movement sucks.

zaf

professor
she can combo with an overhead b2~singularity.
you can get +6 off of 223. from here you can go into anything you want really.

she is just a tough character type to play. she is not a zoner, so dont compare her to zoners. she is an anti-zoner.
you dont use her as a zoner, except for the fireball. use that to get responses and movement out of people.. dont shoot force push and lift out. you use them when you think your opponent will do something. you can literally just wait around and look for punishes. b21 is an amazing blockstring for rushdown characters.

you shouldnt be losing to zoners. duck under their projectiles, or block their projectiles and then punish them.
dont play her like the other zoners in the game.

it seems like you are going for mix ups, or you are trying to find strings to break your opponent down. So far it really does not seem like she plays like this at all. just try to play her differently then you would other characters. she feels really similar to ermac, and i played him for 2 years now in mk. a lot of people have this misconception that his offense sucks up close with his blockstrings and pokes, but he is not made to do that. so of course compared to characters that are designed to rush down, raven and ermac look mediocre. They excel in other aspects of the game.

ranked wont mean anything. especially week 1 ranked. There are tons of people on there who dont play fighters and are just looking for fun.

zaf

professor
This is also something that is heavily going unnoticed.

YOU CAN DASH BACK AFTER BLOCKSTRINGS.

There is invincibility during the start up frames of your back dashes. So you do have the option to back dash after an opponent finishes a blockstring and can use this to help get away.

I know those who are MK players are not used to this, as it did not exist in this game. But this is a totally different game with different game mechanics that we all just need to get used to.

We should not go around saying where we think each and every character will place in a tier list. Instead let's just find ways to get around stuff. I know that also in mk, we usually have to look for answers in our characters but with this game it is different. We can go to the game mechanics for answers now.

Rush down heavy char, here are options i found to get out.

- Back dash after a blockstring
- B3 with armor via MB
- Push Block
-Meter with interactables to gain armor.

brand new ways to get out of pressure, that I wish i could use in mk.

Stchamps

raven is a better ermac. She is ermac v2.0
I think Ermac's grab move is way better you can't jump it and it's a little safer on block. Plus Ermac is only mid tier on the pic chart REO posted so it's not like that is a great character for Raven to be compared to.

Stchamps

Not sure if you missed the point or are purposely avoiding it
I know exactly what the point is, but people were calling plenty of other characters in Mortal Kombat low tier right when the game came out (Hello Baraka, and look how he turn out....low tier).

zaf

professor
I think Ermac's grab move is way better you can't jump it and it's a little safer on block. Plus Ermac is only mid tier on the pic chart REO posted so it's not like that is a great character for Raven to be compared to.
Ravens move is better.
You can jump over ermacs, just like you can with ravens. Its scary how similar the jump angles to get around them are.
Ermac lift and tkp are completely punishable on block.

lmao dude.
im not comparing how well they are on a tier list. im comparing character gameplay similarities.
if they play similar then its fine to compare them.

also injustice and mk are totally different games with different game mechanics. so because they are similar you can see the strengths they each have. and how to use them differently with different game mechanics.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This is also something that is heavily going unnoticed.

YOU CAN DASH BACK AFTER BLOCKSTRINGS.

There is invincibility during the start up frames of your back dashes. So you do have the option to back dash after an opponent finishes a blockstring and can use this to help get away.

I know those who are MK players are not used to this, as it did not exist in this game. But this is a totally different game with different game mechanics that we all just need to get used to.

We should not go around saying where we think each and every character will place in a tier list. Instead let's just find ways to get around stuff. I know that also in mk, we usually have to look for answers in our characters but with this game it is different. We can go to the game mechanics for answers now.

Rush down heavy char, here are options i found to get out.

- Back dash after a blockstring
- B3 with armor via MB
- Push Block
-Meter with interactables to gain armor.

brand new ways to get out of pressure, that I wish i could use in mk.
i really hate it when ppl backdash when im using black adam

my normals are too slow to catch them and my specials too unsafe

zaf

professor
i really hate it when ppl backdash when im using black adam

my normals are too slow to catch them and my specials too unsafe
well when jer and i were doing lex dittos in the demo we would do this...
say i was doing 112 on him, he had to block another 112.
So when i did go for 112, he would back dash and my next 112 would whiff and he would dash and it would hit me.
so next time i got a 112 in, i would expect him to dash back and go for a dash of my own.
that became our lex ditto meta game.

so if people are back dashing in between your blockstring, read it and do a special to hit them and punish their back dash

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
well when jer and i were doing lex dittos in the demo we would do this...
say i was doing 112 on him, he had to block another 112.
So when i did go for 112, he would back dash and my next 112 would whiff and he would dash and it would hit me.
so next time i got a 112 in, i would expect him to dash back and go for a dash of my own.
that became our lex ditto meta game.

so if people are back dashing in between your blockstring, read it and do a special to hit them and punish their back dash
didnt i just tell you my specials are too risky to do that :REO

Enenra

Go to hell.
Please. Her rush down is awesome, her demon stance is sick, she has decent defense, and she is one of the few characters my character doesn't bend over and buttfuck. She probably even beats DeathStroke. She, like Ares, is really hard to learn and use effectively. Give it time before you get emo about your character.

Stchamps

wanna beat deathstroke pick raven. Raven counteres all. /thread
Idk what to do against an actual good Deathstroke that just zones. He can max range Raven's grab. It's tough to even ever activate a demon stance without eating bullets. If you get demon stance off Deathstroke can just max range the pillars. Teleporting with Raven is pretty obvious considering she can only do it during demon stance.