What's new

I think Raiden is overpowered

Well, here's my last word on the topic.

I play with Reptile, Sheeva, Scorpion, Rain, Jade, and Raiden. Of those, Raiden requires the least amount of skill, and is the easiest to win with. Most opponents cannot stop the teleport/superman/grab/3-3-4 spam, which I refuse to do unless I'm mirror matching a Raiden who's doing the same. As a Raiden player, I feel he is overpowered, just as I feel Reptile's dash needs be slightly more punishable... just as I feel Sheeva needs a wakeup option.

I try to be unbiased. Some of you who main Raiden just don't want to admit the truth. How many other character forums have OP threads like this one?

I play with Reptile, Sheeva, Scorpion, Rain, Jade, and Raiden. Of those, Raiden requires the least amount of skill, and is the easiest to win with. Most opponents cannot stop the teleport/superman/grab/3-3-4 spam, which I refuse to do unless I'm mirror matching a Raiden who's doing the same. As a Raiden player, I feel he is overpowered, just as I feel Reptile's dash needs be slightly more punishable... just as I feel Sheeva needs a wakeup option.

I try to be unbiased. Some of you who main Raiden just don't want to admit the truth. How many other character forums have OP threads like this one?
You obviously play online only and have never played anyone decent in offline.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!

He is lag friendly and noob friendly.

Offline and against good players it is different.

I try to play against the best competition I can find online and whenever I'm facing a decent player who has some type of mastery over their character I feel like its a VERY even and fair matchup against pretty much any character minus a few low tiers and some zoners like Ermac. Raiden is no where near overpowered and he is only noob friendly against noobs. Anyone decent can punish his superman and every character can deal with teleport in some way, even if it's just with a simple poke such as d+1.

His pressure is MUCH easier to deal with and escape from than characters like Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Kabal, and Liu Kang. With those characters it's a straight up guessing game most of the time and your stuck. Raiden is much more predictable. I've had to incorporate the vicinity blast pressure into my game just to keep up with other top tiers and even that is easily countered and doesn't even work on everyone. The only time Raiden can be extremely overwhelming is in the corner, there he has a solid pressure game.

And he's not even simple execution wise because his high damaging combos require strict timing like canceling 334 into teleport and then landing a shocker. Try to do that online consistently.

To me Kung Lao is much worse than Raiden. That spin is a serious problem. Sure you can punish it but the issue is the hitbox stays active for so long that if I try to punish it too early I get sent flying, and if I'm too late I'm eating a full combo also. To top it off he has crazy pressure better than Raidens.

The only thing Raiden really has is his teleport and that's the reason he's top tier. Even nerfing it slightly would make him almost useless in my opinion. It's his only way to mixup and keep pressure on the opponent.

I just don't understand why he gets all the hate and complaints it's annoying.

With Raiden, me and any other good Raiden who plays with him use this:
Teleport-Throw/Sweep/3-3-4, Superman, Electric Bolt, EX Electric Bolt, Superman, EX Superman, X-Ray, and we'll do a few other moves if we get the juggle combo going, but only in that situation.
Also this is just ridiculous. First of all that's just a dumb argument because every character is different. Second of all if this was all I used I would hardly win. His F+2,4 string is probably his most important string and you can do a frame trap with it and do it straight out of teleport quickly. b+3,1,2 you definitely have to use it has good range, and 1,2,1 for occasionally for it's quickness. I also use vicinity blast in block strings and EX Shocker comes in handy as well.

Some people also use the 2,2,b+4 string I think it is with the low kick at the end which is somewhat useful. I find that unless I make good use of all his tools it's hard as hell to win against good opponents.

You obviously play online only and have never played anyone decent in offline.
I'm not adding anything additional, since I said I gave my last word. I'll just point you to the very beginning of my first post in this thread where I said "Online." I have played offline, I am good at this game, but some of you need to read for comprehension. I've repeatedly only been referring to "online."

Kombo

Noob
I try to play against the best competition I can find online and whenever I'm facing a decent player who has some type of mastery over their character I feel like its a VERY even and fair matchup against pretty much any character minus a few low tiers and some zoners like Ermac. Raiden is no where near overpowered and he is only noob friendly against noobs. Anyone decent can punish his superman and every character can deal with teleport in some way, even if it's just with a simple poke such as d+1.

His pressure is MUCH easier to deal with and escape from than characters like Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Kabal, and Liu Kang. With those characters it's a straight up guessing game most of the time and your stuck. Raiden is much more predictable. I've had to incorporate the vicinity blast pressure into my game just to keep up with other top tiers and even that is easily countered and doesn't even work on everyone. The only time Raiden can be extremely overwhelming is in the corner, there he has a solid pressure game.

And he's not even simple execution wise because his high damaging combos require strict timing like canceling 334 into teleport and then landing a shocker. Try to do that online consistently.

To me Kung Lao is much worse than Raiden. That spin is a serious problem. Sure you can punish it but the issue is the hitbox stays active for so long that if I try to punish it too early I get sent flying, and if I'm too late I'm eating a full combo also. To top it off he has crazy pressure better than Raidens.

The only thing Raiden really has is his teleport and that's the reason he's top tier. Even nerfing it slightly would make him almost useless in my opinion. It's his only way to mixup and keep pressure on the opponent.

I just don't understand why he gets all the hate and complaints it's annoying.
Please leave Kung Lao the fuck alone. I'm sick of scrubs still butthurt that he is still one of the best characters in the game. His spin is fine, you just need to step your game up.