What's new

I think Raiden is overpowered

Well, I was planning on dragging it out until the patch, likely I'll move onto something better though! So, probably won't be lingering around for much longer.
Haha good. You are the opposite of a contributer. Reading through that big thread arguing over this game's tournament prospects, you literally did nothing but thank Sequel ON EVERY SINGLE POST and then post one time regurgitating his words. It's utterly pathetic that you actually took the time to wait for every single one of his posts so you could be the first one to thank him.

I mean how sad is it that you apparently have so much time on your hands that you spend this much time bashing this game instead of trying to make it better. If you hate it so much I have absolutely no idea in the world why you spend so much of your own time commenting on it. Do you seriously have nothing better to do?

In summary, you are the clingy ex girlfriend of MK.

Voyd

Noob
Raiden isn't cheap in my opinion, just top tier. He is the solution to the Kung Lao infestation. :D

DanCock

Cock Master!!
the mother fucker can do a block infinite on characters with a big hit box like hmm SINDEL ofcourse whats new.... -_-

DanCock

Cock Master!!
no im not going too.. the person that knows about it/discovered it will do what he does.. im not sharing it.. sorry

Sasuga

Noob
I played this really good Raiden the other day, he whooped my ass. My immediate reaction was that Raiden was very strong, maybe overpowered.

Then yesterday I played this guy who played scorpion at first, had some really scrubby, repetitive tactics and couldn't win. Then he picked Raiden, and by similar play style beat me hands down. (after which he immediately left and started spamming the chat with "rest in pieces!").

Now I do think a little nerving would make Raiden a little more balanced. Even if they only make his teleport a few frames slower. His superman move is really fast and really annoying at wake up but that's just how it is.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Raiden was very tough for me once as Sub-Zero. But I think there was nerfs or something? He seems a lot easier now. Maybe his teleport is slower or something but that guy seems to be weaker. His annoying corner combos persist howerver and his superman on wake up forces you to carry on blocking after you ever knock him down so you cant pressure him while he can you with that 334 combo which seems to be safe. I think.

I came to this thread hoping to see the big name posters explain why Raiden ISN'T overpowered and reveal tips on how to beat him. Instead, I see the big names reinforcing how good he is; keeping Raiden secrets hidden because they probably want to save it for the big money tournaments. I know this pretty much happens in every fighting game community, but ... man : p

Eazail

Noob
Well the obvious reaction to this is, I'm not going to believe this.
Believe it, I watched it being done to Dan lol. Not gonna say what was being done though. I didnt know it was a block infinite though, I thought it was just a frame trap. Im gonna try it

Eazail

Noob
I came to this thread hoping to see the big name posters explain why Raiden ISN'T overpowered and reveal tips on how to beat him. Instead, I see the big names reinforcing how good he is; keeping Raiden secrets hidden because they probably want to save it for the big money tournaments. I know this pretty much happens in every fighting game community, but ... man : p
No, it's secret cause you don't want to get caught in that bs lol. Trust me...

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
The 3, 3, 4 combo is not that safe. You can't just sit there and do 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, 4... ad infinitum on a blocking opponent. I've been punished plenty on it. I am pretty sure you can do d+1 after 3, 3, 4 with every character.

Please stop complaining about Raiden, he was already nerfed. How about you learn how to fight him first?! Electric Fly is very punishable on block by full combo by most characters. Example: Sub-Zero can do 2, 2, Ice Ball and go for a full combo from there. I am not a Scorpion player but I believe he can do a Spear after blocked Electric Fly or his overhead and then go for a full combo, etc.

As for Electric Fly on Wake-Up, geeze man, quit the whining, seriously. That's what Wake-Up is for, to get you out of a tight situation. Guess what, if I am facing an Ermac and knock him down and try to pressure he can TKS on wake-up and guess what, a full combo follows. Johny Cage can do Shadow Kick or the uppercut special move on wake-up, Reptile can do his elbow dash move, etc. Most characters have an "annoying" move on Wake-Up. Are you going to demand they all be nerfed? I get punished off of blocked Electric Fly on wake-up constantly. Just learn to anticipate and block.

As an example, here is one of my strategies with Raiden. The first time I get knocked down I do Electric Fly on wake-up. If the opponent doesn't block and punish the next time I do it again. Rinse and repeat. If he does block and punish, the next time I get knocked down I (*gasp*, I know, it took all of 1 brain cell to figure that one out) don't do Electric Fly, instead I do Teleport on wake-up for some mind games.

Final words, is Raiden S tier? Yes, he is. So are other characters. Is he overpowered? No, he is not. He was nerfed enough already.

Update: I apologize for my surly tone above, it was early in the morning and I hadn't had breakfast (lol, true story). But my point still stands.

In addition, to whoever complained about Raiden's teleport, dude seriously, you need to go back in Practice mode with your character. Teleport is punishable. Example, if you play Sub-Zero you can do 2, 2, Ice Ball + full combo on reaction. I know because Wu-Renegade did it to me many times. Another thing you can do is as soon as you see Raiden teleport do cross-over jump and start a combo of your choice. He can block it but the point is you just negated his Teleport mind game. If he anticipates this all he can do is jump back and kick + Air Electric Fly, but that doesn't lead to a combo (well, he could also do uppercut, but still...).

Albo

Noob
tom you also mentioned on stbl something along the lines of a trap involving raidens vicintiy blast that can be found in the living guide. is this a separate trap to the one being discussed here? why don't any tourny players take advantage of this trap? is it banned or is it very difficult and risky to do? i will be buying your living guide soon, but can you reveal any details here if possible.

many thanks to you tom for the info you gave on the most recent show. i'll be looking forward to buying your guide and discovering more about raiden.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
its not a block infinite, its a frame trap that can be escaped but escaping opens you up to being launched.
my bad for wording it wrong lol it's still retarded.

raiden needs more armor moves. his teleport should have it -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk