What's new

I need your votes... Which should I use.

Which should I use for SF4/SSFIV?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Stick or Pad for SF...? I have both... I have a feeling I'm gonna suck just as bad on a pad as I do with a stick, but I feel as if I would make a wiser choice on which one to persue if I got the opinions and majority vote of experinced players that use either or.

Decapre

Noob
Use whatever feels most comfortable when you're playing.. I use the pad, but I've never tried a stick.

TWZTID

Noob
If I had never gotten the stick from Rob, I wouldn't even think about playing the game. It's made moves so much easier for me.

Give the stick a try for awhile.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I voted for stick. It sounds like your not really certain which one to use. Which suggests to me your dont have a pre-disposition to either one. If thats the case I think everyone would agree stick is the way to go. Where as if you were already conditioned to use a pad it might make more sense to stay with that. But most would agree stick is better.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Like Twztid said, it does make the moves easier, but in order to learn the stick you have to forget the controller/pad. I play other games besides SFIV, so learning the stick isn't working out for me. I have to switch between the PS3 controller and the stick which isn't good for someone new to the stick.

A pad is okay(I'm thinking about getting one myself), but it all comes down to what feels comfortable.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Stick JUST for the fact that it's the same on all systems.

For example I'm quite good with a 360 pad but I can't use that at Evo now can I?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
no! i dont wanna! :-p when i clicked on the thread, it didnt show me the poll lol my bad

@ Storms, either way, you should put some money into it. Buy a stick (a SFIV/SSFIV TE) or a new pad (SFIV/SSFIV or..... THIS!)
I've actually invested in both. I have a SF pad that I recently bought and a Hori Fighting Stick 3 and a Hori Tekken stick.

Looking at the votes... I think I'm just gonna start on the stick in arcade mode.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Stick JUST for the fact that it's the same on all systems.

For example I'm quite good with a 360 pad but I can't use that at Evo now can I?
He's got a point here. But, if you're just gonna play online, use whichever is more comfortable.