What's new

I need to get better. pls Help

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Hi,
I am new here and I am looking for some help.
Well i am playing MK for a long time.
I started as I was 3 years old.
Well I absolutely suck in Mk1-Mk4(UMK3 included).
Well I want to learn how to get better. I dont wanna suck cause its my fav game. What can i do everybody tells me to practice but i dont know how to start and how to continue. What can i do pls help.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
There is no single answer to your question aside from what you've already stated: practice. The best advice I could give is to read through the threads and posts on this forum. Watch the videos people post here and on YouTube. This site is like a wiki for the MK games and you can find the answer if you just take the time to search for it.

X820

Noob
In a nutshell, find a handfull of guys that are high skill and are willing to teach you stuff, that aside..

To get good it takes a LOT of ass kickings..

From defeat you'll improve.

Try watching some of the match videos that people have posted in the match video section. I always find it interesting and helpful to see how different people play with the same characters.

exacly ... like X820 said: Play with better players... meaning really good players - thats the best and fastest way

**Dread, please stop posting my first name, the topicstarter doesn't know me.
Besides, I wouldn't be called 'X820' IF I wanted everyone to adress me by my actual name.

Stop acting like you know me, mmkay pumpking?

Sushi

Noob
devote your LIFE to mk everyday. Eat,sleep,shit mk... ok k kay?? daniel-son. BUNSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it takes alot of ass-licking to get youself better. ALOT!!

lol :laugh:

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Sushi said:
devote your LIFE to mk everyday. Eat,sleep,shit mk... ok k kay?? daniel-son. BUNSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it takes alot of ass-licking to get youself better. ALOT!!

lol
ass-licking? ???

D

david_GEM

I'm gonna be the odd dude and say what worked for me. Find players that about your skill level, and try to get better than them. i never learned much from getting my ass kicked.

joining this site is a big plus. just play ppl that give u a challenge. get better than they are and also try to get good wth one character and master them.

X820

Noob
david_GEM said:
I'm gonna be the odd dude and say what worked for me. Find players that about your skill level, and try to get better than them. i never learned much from getting my ass kicked.
You obviously weren't on Kaillera back then ;)

Besides, getting defeated by jumping into the same roundhouse, makes you NOT jump into that one so quickly, I assume lol

X820 said:
You obviously weren't on Kaillera back then ;)

Besides, getting defeated by jumping into the same roundhouse, makes you NOT jump into that one so quickly, I assume lol
That's how I learned. No, seriously!

D

david_GEM

lol, I still jump dude. i don't like to let players limit me. watch some vids if anything, there are all kinds of styles displayed on youtube.

i still jump a lot but I admit I get caught with a lot of aa stuff. I just don't like playing the defensive ground game. I like the up close, in your face onslaught style :D

mk2 caracters are way unbalanced (matter of opinion!!!) when it comes too leg,s advantages, sweeps or Fire spamming - wich provokes this defensive turtling and counterpicking players....what i wanna say is that the best way too learn is when both players play offensive, that way you can try different tricks on fast speed... being fast is very important as well amonghts many other things. for example: it wont work if player is stupid" ... he can have the best fast reflexes skills and fingers..he can know all fuking kombos and still wont be enough. Learning kombos only-its no use for high level gameplay - at the end of the day player will still get kicked beacose of better mind game by the other player. and ive seen players who play a lot of certain game, they have finger skills, but their taktik and thinking NEVER changes" . Some of the mind game can be improved ONLY from experiences, and certain part of it you gotta have in you while youre in game -if you dont have that last thing... u will have a really hard time beating best players all over the world.

X820

Noob
Vassago187 said:
i still jump a lot but I admit I get caught with a lot of aa stuff. I just don't like playing the defensive ground game. I like the up close, in your face onslaught style :D
Lol me neither, what I meant was (classic example these days) is when a guy pick/lands on Sub Zero;

A lot of people spam his ice/ground ice and start tapping f,f,b,b etc.. to bait you in to jumping..

Free RH right?

Imrpoving means not jumping a third time, that's what I meant..

ah, gotcha. I am usually pretty good about that but for some reason when I was playing kensidj last night in our tourney matches I thought it would be a good idea to just keep trying the damn jk :embarassed:

X820

Noob
Dreadish said:
mk2 caracters are way unbalanced (matter of opinion!!!) when it comes too leg,s advantages, sweeps or Fire spamming - wich provokes this defensive turtling and counterpicking players....what i wanna say is that the best way too learn is when both players play offensive, that way you can try different tricks on fast speed... being fast is very important as well amonghts many other things. for example: it wont work if player is stupid" ... he can have the best fast reflexes skills and fingers..he can know all fuking kombos and still wont be enough. Learning kombos only-its no use for high level gameplay - at the end of the day player will still get kicked beacose of better mind game by the other player. and ive seen players who play a lot of certain game, they have finger skills, but their taktik and thinking NEVER changes" . Some of the mind game can be improved ONLY from experiences, and certain part of it you gotta have in you while youre in game -if you dont have that last thing... u will have a really hard time beating best players all over the world.
Beeing high level is a matter of opinion these days..

Someone who ACTUALLY plays this and knows a lot of combo's and has very fast reflexes is someone you should watch out for, period.
This is someone who knows game mechanics, recovery times and can counter 80-90% of the shit you throw at him..

However, high skill isn't about fancy gameplay anymore, only few have the balls to actually rush down his opponent.

No, especially since the 'PS3' it's about, walking back as soon as it says "FIGHT" and using the BLOCK button like no other.

Just get ahead in terms of damage and keep walking back hitting block and just WAIT, master that and you'll do fine against today's "high skill players".

RyuKazuya

Well, I think my big problem is that i just get asskicked right before i move.And its always like my opponent is able to read my mind because they have got a reversal for avery singel move of my arsenal. I try to play now with your advices first to find out if i can handel this.So i think this is a good way to practice. I ll give you the information about my following matches soon.

THANKS A LOT FOR EVERY SINGEL HELP GUYS

X820 said:
Beeing high level is a matter of opinion these days..

Someone who ACTUALLY plays this and knows a lot of combo's and has very fast reflexes is someone you should watch out for, period.
This is someone who knows game mechanics, recovery times and can counter 80-90% of the shit you throw at him..

However, high skill isn't about fancy gameplay anymore, only few have the balls to actually rush down his opponent.

No, especially since the 'PS3' it's about, walking back as soon as it says "FIGHT" and using the BLOCK button like no other.

Just get ahead in terms of damage and keep walking back hitting block and just WAIT, master that and you'll do fine against today's "high skill players".
DON'T take this seriously -please I hate fighting people who jump back non stop and block and crouch or wait for me so they can reverse I stopped even playing people on my friends list that play like this because I can win but it takes too long too much work on my part. LikeI'm jumping in nonstop chasing them man don't let a runner get raiden. Just play allot and don't quit practice all the moves and learn all the fatalities by heart then learn a few combos. You'll get better if you keep trying, if you really love the game. Don't worry if you're not as goood as some people they might have been playing on kailera for years. I bought mk2 for ps3 in like april I hadn't played it in like 13 years I'm just getting ok now. The first thing I did as learn the moves and play people who were as good as me I learned the moves then fought people waaay better and learned tricks little at a time. I still do the same things over allot like not knowing characters limits by heart like who can uppercut a jump kick will a low kick knock this or that guy down theres allot of variables that take forever to master. add me if you want to practice though my ps3 id is the sme as my cmk one.

X820

Noob
Hehe, I was a abit sarcastic there man, but it's ok ;)

I don't play on PS3, especially with overseas players, lags like hell..

But if you get MAME set up, we can play P2P no problem.

Add me on AIM: X820NL

hmm.. well pretty much w/ everyone else said is good.. me personally suggest playing the really GOOD players and alsooo the really Cheap ones too and also watch vids like "some kind of monster" that opened me up to alot of shit lol.. I learned ALOT by doing all three.. also dont just quit after like 3 matches of losing just learn from the mistakes being made and keep a cool head cuz its easy to get pissed off and do dumb shit (or maybe thats just me lol)

RyuKazuya

Unfortunately i cannot get MK2 on ps3 because i live in germany and its not avaible in the german psn store. :'(
Well i have played some matches on mame and i lost. But i could reach the victory like 3 times by using some combos of the monster players in youtube. I have found out that I play too much in haste and i am afraid of the next move that comes right from my opponent.
So I tried like u said to keep a cool head and I could reach the victory a few times.
But how should i begin. Should i be Walking backward or blocking or waiting for the opponents first attack or should i just randomise to hide my next moves?

change it up every time. most people on PSN start walking backwards right away so sometimes I'll walk forwards and catch em with a HK to the face. However sometimes I do that too much and guys like kensidj catch on and they'll sweep me. I jump in sometimes but that's pretty dangerous. A fairly safe tactic is to do a straight-up jk in case they are jumping in at you. don't do that too much though or they can walk up and HK you. so if you're a little weary walk backwards a little to gauge their actions. If you're feelin ballsy just go straight at em. The trick is to keep them guessing.