What's new

I need to get better. pls Help

RyuKazuya said:
But how should i begin. Should i be Walking backward or blocking or waiting for the opponents first attack or should i just randomise to hide my next moves?
One relatively safe way to start is walk forward a little bit and sweep, or walk in and throw a few jabs. I would probably avoid jumping backwards right at the beginning. Straight up jump kicks are also very useful, you would be suprised how many times your opponents will try to jump kick you first thing.

About the PSN, you could try making an account for a different area, I know the UK store has it so you could try making one and then downloading it. I'm not sure what the lag would be like, but it could work!

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
The uk store is good but i cannot upload some money with prepaid cards cause they have their own cards. do u know someone who would be ready to trade mk2?

Man, I figured Germany would be considered a part of Europe. IMO mame is better anyway it's way more like the actual arcade. After playing on the PSN network for about 2 years off and on there is quite a few people that won't play me -sigh-. However mk2 on PS3 isn't all bad just a lot of annoying people on there, lol. I'm sure I've been one of those annoying tactic players a few times XD!

RyuKazuya

Played mk2 again and i created a new combo by my own.
Unfortunately i dont have tried it on a real player to see if it is able to get a victory.
My main fighter is definetly sub-zero at this moment.I try with kung lao as well but i have a lot of problems with him to do some combos. But are combos enough?

u did not create a new combo. if anything sum shit connected due to lag. evry combo in this game has been done recorded and studied.

RyuKazuya

Come down.
What i mean with created is that i have a done a combo that i hadnt seen before. I made it without watching a video from youtube.com or something. I just made it for myself. I know that every move that i do is already excisting. Its something new for me because i have never done a combo in mk2 u know.

Kaz

Noob
There's probably a couple combos out that have never been done but need a certain set up to pull off. I've done an uppercut to fireball with liu kang that I've never seen before.

RyuKazuya said:
Played mk2 again and i created a new combo by my own.
Unfortunately i dont have tried it on a real player to see if it is able to get a victory.
My main fighter is definetly sub-zero at this moment.I try with kung lao as well but i have a lot of problems with him to do some combos. But are combos enough?
Combos aren't as important in MK2 as they are in something like UMK3 or Street Fighter. Focus more on what moves can beat out other moves (for example, which characters it is safe to use a roundhouse as anti-air against) and eventually you will learn what moves you can link together.

RyuKazuya

I have followed every singel advice and the result is decent.
I think that i got little better now. I trained a lot but i wasnt able to play for the last few days.
I hope tha i havnte forgotten anything :D
Is it a mistake if i dont play everyday?
Because i have to take care on other things as well but i have the chance to play mortal kombat then i play to practice very hard.
Thanks for every little advice. ;)

sometimes I feel like I get better after a few days off. kinda gives the mind time to refresh. I like to think of it like lifting weights. Your body gets sore and you need to give it a day or two to recover but when you come back you're bigger and better than before.

RyuKazuya

I AM GETTING MAD. i AM JUST NOT ABLE TO BEAT THIS DAMN ARCADE MODE ON HARD: I FAIL AGAINST THE FIRST OPPONENT. THAT MEANS THAT ILL NEVER GET BETTER IF I STILL LOSE TO COMPUTER. I HATE IT. ITS LIKE THEY COULD READ MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :mad: :mad:

RyuKazuya said:
I AM GETTING MAD. i AM JUST NOT ABLE TO BEAT THIS DAMN ARCADE MODE ON HARD: I FAIL AGAINST THE FIRST OPPONENT. THAT MEANS THAT ILL NEVER GET BETTER IF I STILL LOSE TO COMPUTER. I HATE IT. ITS LIKE THEY COULD READ MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :mad: :mad:
the computer is cheap in all the 2d MK games, dont let that trick you into thinking your not good.

RyuKazuya

Oh thanks dude i th
RollTide8569 said:
the computer is cheap in all the 2d MK games, dont let that trick you into thinking your not good.
Thanks man.Now i am relaxed.The mk2 computer is a great asshole. :D :D :D :D

yeah, skill does not matter at all when playing against the computer. ever notice how it can throw you no matter what you do? how it's reaction time is instantaneous? if you get trapped in the corner you're pretty much boned unless you have one of the chars that you can do the jump-away Roundhouse trick with.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
RyuKazuya said:
Oh thanks dude i thThanks man.Now i am relaxed.The mk2 computer is a great asshole. :D :D :D :D
Just pick Jax and jump in for easy jump kicks and backbreakers. If they wanna be cheap, you be cheap right back.

Raven

Noob
Yea arcade mode is near impossible when just using skill, the first round always just sweep you can flawless the first the charator with just continually hitting back and circle but the rest, I dont even try any more because it is totally pointless and you gain no skill. online is so distant from arcade mode that it seems like its 2 completly different games.

Just a thought im deffinitly not the best on this site im way down on the ladder probably bottom 5 (but I have been improving latly) do you wanna play a few rounds this weekend. And see if you can best one of the worst.

RyuKazuya

Hey guys I have taken a long time to focus on every fighting game i play.
I think i got better because of your tipps. I have learned some combos
i dont jump too much anymore and i tray running at my opponent(or walk)
And i try to attack my opponent with strategy
But I stil have some little problems that i cant mention cause i need a pro who tells me what to improve.

RyuKazuya said:
The uk store is good but i cannot upload some money with prepaid cards cause they have their own cards. do u know someone who would be ready to trade mk2?
i play a guy in germany all the time... you should be able to get it.
love your country by the way, I have friends there so im out there every couple of years as far as Im concerned Munich is one of the greatest citys on earth. Berlins awesome too.

best advice for getting better. .. well what I did is I made an order of the fighters id fight in every time. starting by favorite to least favorite. and I did that constantly for a really long time. then when I had gotten good with the top of that order i flipped it. Its probably alot simpler to pick random tho, point is play with everyone learn the game, play people who are better then you and never quit out early. I had some horrible streaks put on me when I was starting, but through getting your ass kicked you learn.

RyuKazuya

Alright bro thx for this advice. I have got 2 questions.
Well does d+b+blk block everything or only some moves and is it right that i never start a fight with an attack?
I just block first or when i know that my opponent jumps i just use an aa move.
Is that good?

You need to time your enemies moves and time yours as well. For instance You were Jax and Mileena, they'll gonna expect for you to do the following : Ground Pound, Wave, Air Throw, you have to outsmart them.

You need to know the basics first.

You get better by not quitting. Getting mad and learning from your mistakes. I don't play much anymore but when I do, I learned that way and I'm still trying to get better.