What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

Sweet thanks for the props. Happy I was able to actually contribute something. Been lurking here awhile sponging up strategies and stuff finally decided to join and post. Also been trying to help with the great Toast Boost search but well my luck BLOWS so Dan Forden and I hardly get to see each other, lol. I was shocked when I tried playing as Kratos to go for it and he actually came out and then it actually worked first try. I was like "Holy Shit something actually went according to plan." Followed immediately by a combination of Check and JAP's thoughts of "Wait... that was actually the combination? Seriously? Okay so NO buffering Toasty Boosts."

I feel your pain Check but don't worry your Champ status is well documented (I dare say "Confirmed" ::insert Dr. Evil smug pinky pose:: ;)) and will absolutely remain so.

And now back to my regularly scheduled program of kicking my friends' asses with my main man, Scorpion, and failing to get Dan Forden to come out and play!
^^^ This is why i tell people all these years that inspiration has been my "mojo" :D

Amazing post. Thank you. BBD2 might of ended up being the first attempt i ever did with Kratos, because i remember trying him right after Stryker. That was a long time ago. I pray you stick around and find more TB's with us.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
^^^ This is why i tell people all these years that inspiration has been my "mojo" :D

Amazing post. Thank you. BBD2 might of ended up being the first attempt i ever did with Kratos, because i remember trying him right after Stryker. That was a long time ago. I pray you stick around and find more TB's with us.
Thanks and yeah I'll be around. MK is my favorite game ever since I first played it when it came out 20 years ago, lol. Been maining Scorpion since day one and he's the one character that every time I pick him my friends are like "FML... seriously how are you so good with him." My next favs are like Cage and Kitana and then I dabble in the rest of the cast (didn't used to but the in the MK9 every friggin' character is so much better I actually enjoy playing everyone for the most part). I'm good with everyone else and usually win but it's my Scorpion that puts fear in their eyes and keeps them on their toes. My one friend said it is the fact that I bounce rapidly between my "crazy hellbent kamikaze" playstyle and "GOD stop reading my MIND! Get out of my head you bastard!" playstyle.

I've played Scorpion for so long and so well that I know him in and out and I'm awesome at reading/trapping people and Scorpion I feel is underrated in his ability to exploit people but you just need to know how to read and mindfuck your opponents to really use him at top level I think.

Thanks and yeah I'll be around. MK is my favorite game ever since I first played it when it came out 20 years ago, lol. Been maining Scorpion since day one and he's the one character that every time I pick him my friends are like "FML... seriously how are you so good with him." My next favs are like Cage and Kitana and then I dabble in the rest of the cast (didn't used to but the in the MK9 every friggin' character is so much better I actually enjoy playing everyone for the most part). I'm good with everyone else and usually win but it's my Scorpion that puts fear in their eyes and keeps them on their toes. My one friend said it is the fact that I bounce rapidly between my "crazy hellbent kamikaze" playstyle and "GOD stop reading my MIND! Get out of my head you bastard!" playstyle.

I've played Scorpion for so long and so well that I know him in and out and I'm awesome at reading/trapping people and Scorpion I feel is underrated in his ability to exploit people but you just need to know how to read and mindfuck your opponents to really use him at top level I think.
It's all about your focus going in to a match.

Toasty Boost teaches patience

Toasty Boost Combos teaches further patience and the ability to react at any given moment

Played 2 sets last night vs AREZ God of War. First set i was looking for Toasty Boosts prior to playing him and didn't do well. 2nd set i was going for the Raiden Toasty Boost Combo prior to playing him and did much better.

It's all about your focus and how you are able to prepare for it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good find Bloodfang. I can't believe that I never thought to try BBD2 with Kratos when I had him under Sub-Zero on my chart this entire time in that group... FML

EDIT:

Remaining characters and likely TB inputs:

Cyber Sub-Zero
Jade
Kano
Freddy
Kenshi
Rain
Skarlet

FFB3

DDU3

DDD2
DDD3

UUU 1/2/3/4
FFF 1/2/3/4
BBB 1/2/3/4

DBD2
DBD4

DBF2
DBF4

UUD4

UDU4 (CSZ??)

Refer to the chart to see ones already tried (greyed out):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsXXyu2XnTQMdGhBUmh2eF9uN0dlUUFzbnM0VEEwMXc#gid=0

InFlames

dead
A community toasty boost combo video project is not a bad idea. Something to think about. The community all worked together on finding it, so why should the combo video be any different? Do as you please.
That would be kick-ass. I'm also going for a Toasty Boost Combo, just with no luck. I'll get it sooner or later. :p

That would be kick-ass. I'm also going for a Toasty Boost Combo, just with no luck. I'll get it sooner or later. :p
Noob Saibot im guessing :)

Noob definitely has a setup that i wanna use. Will be hard as fuck to land.

I think the community toasty boost vid would be awesome. If it happens, im guessing you're in? :)

InFlames

dead
Noob Saibot im guessing :)

Noob definitely has a setup that i wanna use. Will be hard as fuck to land.

I think the community toasty boost vid would be awesome. If it happens, im guessing you're in? :)
Totally. For now I'm trying full damage in the wall. After I get that done I'll see if I can do the Toasty Boost input while doing my 48% midscreen combo but instead ending with X-Ray.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Totally. For now I'm trying full damage in the wall. After I get that done I'll see if I can do the Toasty Boost input while doing my 48% midscreen combo but instead ending with X-Ray.
Kratos found before Kenshi LOL. I'll work a little on Kenshi tonight I'll try to get rid of some of these "likely suspects".

Tolkeen

/wrists
Following up to my theory on page 51 : http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/i-might-have-a-way-to-figure-out-cyrax-toasty-boost.24352/page-51#post-586946

With, Kratos, we now have 8 Toasty Boosts that start with Back. It could be very possible that the remaining 3 all start with Back. Which would make the cast "equal" in a sense:

11 Down
11 Back
3 Up
3 Forward

The DLC's are another story... Perhaps one of each.
Kenshi's Toasty Boost is FFB3, thank you guys for narrowing it down so much. Just need someone else to confirm.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
I have been out of town guys, but am back now to work on this a bit more. First of all, very cool Check finding Reptile's TB, and also very cool Scorpion 61% combo he has on his YouTube. Its cool to know you can do the TBs in the middle of animations. Anyway, I will work on some DLC for this and see what I come up with.

Great job to everyone putting forth effort into this.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's driving me crazy that we haven't found CSZ, Jade, or Kano's TB. Has anyone gotten one on accident and know what button?

Konqrr I'm wiped out from all this toasty hoopla, so i've just been taking a break. Not sure when ill start looking again.... but yea

Back inputs... 17 columns... split it up into 4 people...

Should be done in no time.

TylerLantern - Thanks man. Have fun with Rep's toasty combo. I have a nice 66% with sub that's hard as fuck. All i can say is, look below Konqrr avatar. I basically input the toasty mid string with Sub and still manage to finish the string afterwards into the XRAY. It's crazy.

Tolkeen

/wrists
I just NEED Rain's TB. Made me sad yesterday when Dan popped out in my uppercut combo and I didn't know what to do. :(

I'd help to test myself, but I don't have the means.
You just need 2 controllers really, it's not that hard. The hard part is not killing yourself each time you miss the toasty because you're on autopilot.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Check Sweet Scorpion combo. I'd put more time into developing Toasty Boost combos but truth be told I almost NEVER see Dan Forden pop out... Dude does not like me. I was trying with Kano earlier and he just wouldn't come out to play, lol. For practical fighting purposes I'll probably stick to BnBs and my other fav combos/tactics and if I do see Dan... hey bonus for me and condolences for the other guy.

Tolkeen

/wrists
what else did you press? Was that your first input or did you try something first and then ffb3?

I couldn't get ffb3 or dfb3 to work.
ffb3 was all I pressed, I distinctly remember dashing forward so maybe it's fff3? or ffd3, I don't know anymore, I got it once and now I can't get it again. BALLS, I was so excited :(