What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Some updates:

-Cyber Sub can do the infinite uppercut combo in the corner
-Dan Forden can pop out even with infinite timer on
-Dan Forden can pop out during the infinite uppercut combo
Does it seem any more likely to get the toasty while doing the uppercut combo? I'm just trying to figure out the best use of time to test for the toasty. I've been trying Scorpion on and off for a few days and I've received a total of 3 toastys. :mad: I've probably spent about 3 hours or so uppercutting. Now I've been resetting after either half an hour or if I do the ladder I go to match 3 and if that doesn't provide a toasty I reset the game. (by reset I mean quit to playstion menu and then restart the game, should I be restarting the PS3 completely?)

interloko

Mortal
Check i was asking for just 1 character. I've got the feeling about just 2 directions.
TB is a quick on reaction move and make sense if it's easy to do and in some cases there's a huge difference between 2 & 3 directions (all UU for example)
IMO worth a try, if you know it's finally just 2 direction+button then you can discard some combinations like FDF etc

NariTuba - What causes it is when Cyber Sub and Raiden do their Quick Uppercuts (midscreen) for some odd reason they get pushed backwards. It's fucked up, but all you have to do is turn the game on and see for yourself. They get pushed hella back. Also has to do the arc of the uppercut.

Jim - That's a good question, because i say it's less likely to get a Toasty while doing that uppercut combo. Midscreen is still the way to go, but at least he pops out after 500 uppercuts lol (maybe more?). Also, it seems better to do the Cyber Sub/Raiden inf because if you are getting combo'd you can try more inputs instead of waiting to recover from your move (that's in theory, but it makes sense).

interloko - Which one did you have in mind? You may list a few. Honestly, i don't think any are 2 directionals, but UUU needs to be tested for a lot of characters. There is a DDD group.

I'll try to put together a video of nearly everything i have done over the last few days. I have it all recorded (like 95% of it and some of it was done while in air with other controller).

interloko

Mortal
Check any confirmed TB is Fine to test with just 2 directional. I've tried a few but I can't confirm 100% it worked because I don't get toasty often and it catch me off guard most time so I'm not sure if I press once or twice the first direction.
Off course the TB will work if you press extra directional, for example pressing UUUUUUD1 will get the TB with Cyrax anyways.

BDB1 not 100% confirmed. I mashed a little bit on the controller.

Trying to confirm Scorp one more time before i head online to search for Sektors

Nope, not BDB1

I went across the dpad real quick. i did:

BFBBDB1

might have been one less back in there:

BFBDB1

fuck, i dont know anymore ;/

GGA MOE30W

Mortal
Nope, not BDB1

I went across the dpad real quick. i did:

BFBBDB1

might have been one less back in there:

BFBDB1

fuck, i dont know anymore ;/
Is it possible you hit block? I think a few TB might use block since there are fatlities that use block.

MOE30W Nope. Just 1.

JAP Might of been FBFBDB1 that i did. Pretty sure i started with Back, so BFB1 BDB1.

That is exactly what i did lol. However, after BFB1 i mashed a bit, but all i did was slide my thumb the whole time.

We'll get it soon enough. Best way to test these is to be the one getting uppercutted. Can try a lot more inputs.

Reactions: JAP
I did it again, all im pressing is BFBD1 over and over. I land it quick as hell....

video again coming.

Here is the video of the 3rd Toasty Boost with Scorpion:

And here is a video in training mode with the button log on to show you what im pressing:

FDB1 is a possibility
DFB1 as well

and DFD1 too

just tried them. none worked ;/

here it is again...

All im pressing is BFBD1

i mashed square while i was inputting it

BFBDFDBDFDB over and over

JAP

Combo maker